Your mental health or physical health - Which is more important?

Which is more important?

• Total voters
Mental health for me.
I'd rather spend life in prison with good mental health, than be free but with bad mental health

Or a happy homeless man over a depressed, suicidal millionaire.

Having bad mental health sucks bad and I am sure a lot of you guys can relate

Need to become better in both areas, unfortunately, and I would take getting my head getting fixed over my body.

In general, I agree mental health is more important.

However, I would rather be prime Mike Tyson than Stephen Hawking. Life would be wild.

Too broad of a discussion since both are important. Many undesirable scenarios on each side of the coin would be horrific and likely affect each other concurrently. Basically impossible to answer because I can make the case for either or depending on specific comparisons.

As others have said, there's a feedback loop but it starts with mental health. Physical health isn't something that just happens - it's an accumulation of lifestyle habits over many years. You don't have to be in fitness model shape but if you lack the mental discipline to stay functional via a modicum of sleep, diet and exercise, your body is going to look and feel like shit which will lead to mental decline. Your brain is part of your body and it can't be happy if your body is pissed at it for making shit lifestyle choices.

Mental Health​
Anyone who ever had a relative with alzheimers/demensia is going to pick mental health as worse.
NOBODY can really "get" that either of those nightmares are real until they are unfortunate and see it in someone they care about.

I think they go hand in hand. I feel good today but I never felt better than when I was hardcore into exercising.

Like others said, hand in hand.

Example, if I work around you alot, and you're a dumbass, your physical health definitely depends on my mental health....

I wouldn't know. I have only ever had physical health issues, never mental.

Thus, if I had to pick it would be physical.

Back