Your latest home repair

Replaced the radiator and sound system in my car recently. Im proud of myself ;)

I've been watching too many of those tiny homes videos lately and now I got the urge to build one for myself. Even talked to my wife about it last night. Not sure what use I could get out of it unless she decides to divorce me or something. But it would be kind of a cool little project to take on.

Are you building one to live in or to just say you built one? If it's the second, put it on a trailer so you can at least use it as a camper.

I would be hesitant to put in an outlet that is only 87 cents. Keep an eye on it as it may fail in a year.

Yeah, but that was the more expensive of the 2 regular 110 outlets they sold. What is the best kind to get? I would have bought a better one if they had one.

Yeah, but that was the more expensive of the 2 regular 110 outlets they sold. What is the best kind to get? I would have bought a better one if they had one.

Should have gotten the 88 cent one bro.

My wifi sucked so I rewired my house for data, and wired all my a/v equipment to be controlled via infared from my garage.

Kitchen remodel. I am not very handy but giving it a go, halfway done. Need to hire an electrician to see if possible, and how much to go from a gas range to electric cooktop

had rot in a wall on two stories of my house, made some scaffold from 20ft 2x4s and rebuilt the wall, just waiting on some cedar siding to be milled up and it'll b a wrap.

Fixed the dryer

wasnt heating

Washer went out, figured out it was the lid switch assembly. 10$ part and took less than an hour to fix. I did not want to buy a new washer.

Did that too but i just hard wired the switch so it thinks the lid is always closed

Kitchen remodel. I am not very handy but giving it a go, halfway done. Need to hire an electrician to see if possible, and how much to go from a gas range to electric cooktop

Dude, stay with the gas range. They're a million times better for cooking.

Replaced all the plumbing in the toilet. Also replaced the sink faucet inserts to stop a slow drip leak.

Are you building one to live in or to just say you built one? If it's the second, put it on a trailer so you can at least use it as a camper.

Yeah, if I do decide to build one it will probably be on wheels.

It'll get used as well. Won't be worried about that. We generally get a lot of company that stay over each year and it could come in handy that way. I also have a 15 year-old son that may get use out of it in the next year or two as a transitional place to his being independent. Or, like you say, it can be used as a camper on occasion.

Building the entire house, been at it for 5 years, almost there....

Changed a bathroom faucet, pop up and p trap.

I do make ready shit but that's the last thing I've done at my own home

Replaced all the plumbing in the toilet. Also replaced the sink faucet inserts to stop a slow drip leak.

WTF is up with this^^^?

I just fixed 3 toilets in my houses in the last month! Two toilets are Totos; one of which is from Japan and cost $1200 fucking dollars. That's 3 out of 6 toilets in two houses.

The G-max toto flush/valve system is retarded. It relies on a little rubber insert pushing down on a nozzle to induce a pressure drop. Once the insert wears it doesn't form a the seal that is necessary.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back