Your latest home repair

RawHawg

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
What is your latest home repair? I had a sparking electrical outlet, and I am not very repair savvy but I googled the problem, went to ace hardware, and thank God fixed the problem with a 87 cent new outlet.

It is amazing how much money you can save on simple repairs if you do it yourself. That would have probably cost me 100 bucks or more if I called an electrician.

Would like to hear more stories like these.

I don't fuck with electrical shit. Nor wood shit. Nor any other shit that needs repairing in the house.

I replaced the screen door to our deck this spring due to my cat's bad habit of climbing up the screen and clawing the shit out of it. This is the 2nd time I've had to do that and she's just over 3 years old. I'll probably be doing that again next year as well. But it's no big deal. She's a sweetheart otherwise.

I've been doing some renovating for the past two months and I just finished it yesterday when I switched my shower head and removed the old fittings and caulked the old holes. Now I just need a few suction cup soap and shampoo holders.

The Saniflo macerator thing that mashes up your sh*t before pumping it away under the toilet in our bathroom extension was leaking a little water, so I pumped a load of bathroom sealant into the gap yesterday. I confidently predict that it will have completely f*cked the mechanism, and I'll be handing over $1000 to a robdog plumber next week to replace it.

Replacing back sliding glass door this month.

Still have to re-finish my deck too.

Last big repair I did was replace my exterior door and jam. It wasn't too hard and I did it myself. Was the first time and I'm very pleased with the outcome. The old one had no insulation so I insulated the crap out of this new one!! House was built in 1935 so the had different rules. Nothing is straight so was harder but I managed. But I will run electrical and do other things. Plumbing is hard for me. But I will do minor stuff.

Replaced all of my doors. Kind of nerve wracking as I had to cut them to size and drill holes to install the knobs. I did not want to fuck anything up and have to buy more doors. Measure twice, cut once.

Don't own a house, but my dad is remodeling a house and I get to go help remove his roof tomorrow at 730 in the morning. And the high is 96 tomorrow... fml.

In process of building my garden.

I don't fuck with electrical shit. Nor wood shit. Nor any other shit that needs repairing in the house.

So you're useless?

Anyway so I have a newly built house and nothing really has gone wrong with it. Water timer box broke but was under warranty. I had to tighten one of my cabinet doors as it was very slightly sagging. I had to tighten a fitting on my sink as it would leaks small drops.

Last edited:
I've been watching too many of those tiny homes videos lately and now I got the urge to build one for myself. Even talked to my wife about it last night. Not sure what use I could get out of it unless she decides to divorce me or something. But it would be kind of a cool little project to take on.

i thought you were a meth cooking chemist?

Ah, It appears we have been typing gibberish on this board for quite some time. I've bounced around the semiconductor industry for some time now. I've work on the facilities side and the processing side. So I can fix the a/c unit or chemically etch anything.
As of late I've been playing around with the fabrication equipment. I can take apart and reassemble the complex vacuum systems and the RF power supplies. RF still scares me.

Knocked down a 60 year old termite ridden gazebo and rebuilt it from the ground up.

2prwfp4.jpg

2qn6ye0.jpg

Gonna rehang a door later that doesn't close right.

I fix about everything around the house from roofing to flooring.

Also plumbing and electrical.

Last small projects were replacing a gas hot water heater then putting in ceiling fan include running all the wiring.

The only thing I can not do is home AC coolant as I don't have the gages or the license.

Back