• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Your favorite movie of 1993

Pick your favorite movie of 1993!

• Groundhog Day

• The Firm

• Mrs. Doubtfire

• The Nightmare Before Christmas

• Falling Down

• The Fugitive

• Schindler's List

• What's Eating Gilbert Grape

• Robin Hood: Men in Tights

• Jurassic Park

• Dazed and Confused

• Cliffhanger

• Tombstone

• Ninja Scroll

• Demolition Man

• True Romance

• In the Line of Fire

• Grumpy Old Men

• Philadelphia

• Hard Target

Results are only viewable after voting.
It's certainly a good movie, but I'm not surprised it isn't getting chosen as anyone's #1 favorite. There are some very good movies that got relegated to your honorable mentions list.

I'm not going to cast my one vote on it but I would vote for it before I voted for Mrs. Doubtfire, The Nightmare Before Christmas, What's Eating Gilbert Grape or Hard Target, and all of those have managed to pick up votes. I might vote for it over Falling Down as well, I dunno, I'd have to rewatch them both before making that decision.

I'm not going to cast my one vote on it but I would vote for it before I voted for Mrs. Doubtfire, The Nightmare Before Christmas, What's Eating Gilbert Grape or Hard Target, and all of those have managed to pick up votes. I might vote for it over Falling Down as well, I dunno, I'd have to rewatch them both before making that decision.

I might suggest giving Carlito's Way another gander as well if you have it on the B List.

I might suggest giving Carlito's Way another gander as well if you have it on the B List.

I might re-watch it because I have the documentary De Palma downloaded and he talks about all his films, but I have to say, when I watched that one I really just was not super impressed.

Though one thing you have to keep in mind is that when I make these polls, I try to give some consideration to what people might want to vote for. For instance, I don't give a shit about The Nightmare Before Christmas but I know a lot of people love it and it's a cult classic. And while I put Searching for Bobby Fischer and Six Degrees of Separation on the B List (as you call it), personally I think those films are more deserving than Mrs. Doubtfire or even, dare I say it, True Romance. But Mrs. Doubtfire was a huge hit at the time and True Romance is a Sherdog favorite so I figured those made more sense to get a poll slot.

In fact, I would put those two films ahead of MOST of the films in the poll. If this were a poll of my own favorites Point of No Return would've bumped off a few of the ones that actually made it onto the poll as well.

It hasn't gotten any votes or even been mentioned, but I hope all y'all know that Grumpy Old Men is awesome!

tumblr_mwnd0d2Kn61svuk3po1_400.gif

tumblr_mwjh53MhSB1qedb29o1_500.gif

Went with Robin Hood Men in Tights. I still watch it from time to time.

Solids year! Went Jurrasic Park. S List was great but I like JP more!

I choose Jurassic park for sentimental
Reasons. I've always wanted to be a paleontologist and JP helped strengthen that desire. Before JP came out I remember wishing that Hollywood would come out with a modern dinosaur movie. Jurassic park was one of the first movies I saw at theaters .

I chose Tombstone but I didn't see Jurassic Park on the list for some reason lol

"I didn't kill my wife!"

"I don't care."

I didn't realize tombstone and mrs doubt fire came out in 1993 . what a great year for movies.

Omg this was the hardest one so far! I picked mrs doubtfire but I really honestly could have picked about 7

I've only seen groundhog, and only because they played it on AMC. Didn't think it was that great either.

Just realised that Last Action Hero is not even on the list.
Sad.
0d439357b172948d8a358d1a3c1a7615-last-action-hero.jpg

Good year for Stallone. Demolition Man and Cliffhanger were both awesome.

Jurassic Park, Falling Down, the Fugitive, Groundhog Day, Mrs. Doubtfire and Ninja Scroll were all great too.

Voting Demolition Man.

Back