• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Your favorite movie of 1981

Pick your favorite movie of 1981!

• Stripes

• The Evil Dead

• Das Boot

• Raiders of the Lost Ark

• Clash of the Titans

• Friday the 13th Part 2

• Thief

• Enter the Ninja

• The Road Warrior

• TAPS

• Prince of the City

• The Cannonball Run

• Excalibur

• The History of the World: Part 1

• Time Bandits

• An American Werewolf in London

• Halloween II

• Escape from New York

• Chariots of Fire

• Scanners

Results are only viewable after voting.
Ah, when quality films were discussed as quality films..

Das Boot, Chariots of Fire, Excalibur, Raiders, Thief, Road Warrior.... But I voted for Excalibur. John Boorman has directed the only decent Arthurian film to date.

The 80s crush all other decades for movies and it isn't even a close contest.

I know a lot of people say this--and there's no doubt that the 80s did have some really great films--but I wonder how often anyone here actually watches any movies from the 80s. My guess is that, for most of us, it's only very occasionally.

Mother fucker, Nighthawks doesn't even make the B-list?!

May the wrath of Joe Spinell and Wulfgar curse you.

No idea what that is.

MPW-52013

Know about it.

Road Warrior. I can still watch it and still think is much better than Road Fury.

Heavy Metal is my favorite movie from this year. Followed by Enter The Ninja, then Friday part 2. I just never got into Indiana Jones for some reason. I watched Raider of the Lost Ark for the first time since I was a kid last Summer and thought it was pretty meh.

I was a school boy then, but a few years later we got a VCR, and my mates and I got to feast on horror movies. The Howling, Evil Dead and American Werewolf blew me away. I still think they are classics of the genre.
The following year had The Thing, Poltergeist, it was a great time for horror!

Some great movies from that year, in fact looking at that line up the case could be made for it being the GOAT movie year but despite that it's no competition really. It's gotta be The Road Warrior hands down. For me its as close to perfection as they come and is up there with Taxi Driver and TGTBATU as the best eva.

American Werewolf in London, followed by The Evil Dead then Raiders

you guys have amazing memory, i cant even remember the movies i watched last month

Back