• The History of the World: Part 1

• Time Bandits

• An American Werewolf in London

• Halloween II

• Escape from New York

• Chariots of Fire

• Scanners

Results are only viewable after voting.
Raiders of the Lost Ark for me. Also the first movie I saw on Betamax.

Would have voted for The Fox and the Hound but can't go wrong with An American Werewolf in London.

Woo, Raiders is just fucking dominating!

Raiders will clearly win this one, and Last Crusade won for 1989, so that means Indy picked up the win for two out of the three years Indy movies were released. (We're going to forget about Crystal Skull.)

Even though this is a a Raiders blood bath, that list of movies is amazing.

I can't not give props to Sho Kosugi.

enterninja-2.jpg

vlcsnap-2014-08-06-03h53m25s167.jpg

41zlofFExhL.jpg

Gotta be Das Boot

Love this as well. Underrated horror gem

600full-possession-poster.jpg

Yea that roll fucked her up apparently.

Check this out.

Any horror buff knows the subway scene in Andrzej Zulawski's 1981 Possession to be one of the most horrifying, shocking moments of body horror to vomit all over the silver screen. (And if you haven't seen the film, buckle up, you're in for a treat.)

Isabelle Adjani won a César Award for her performance of Anna, but the intense physical and emotional demands of the role made for an extremely difficult recuperation. Adjani later told a French magazine that it took her "years of therapy" to get Anna out of her system, and that she would never again attempt another role like it.
http://www.looper.com/68370/actors-never-role/

I understand the power of Raiders in this poll but I voted Das Boot. It is seriously a great film.

Raiders of the Lost Ark easy

Oh man.. Porky's.. what a great movie

Raiders is gonna massacre this poll. I saw Heavy Metal as a kid and it messed me up, man, lol. Stripes deserves a mention because it's good, and it's Murray. But I gotta go with the quintessential Indy film, Raiders.

Edit: I remember loving Time Bandits as a kid. I have not seen it since and I seriously doubt it holds up well. But as a kid it was great.

Raiders is gonna massacre this poll. I saw Heavy Metal as a kid and it messed me up, man, lol. Stripes deserves a mention because it's good, and it's Murray. But I gotta go with the quintessential Indy film, Raiders.

Raiders actually has a slightly higher percentage of the vote right now than Empire Strikes Back ended up with. In fact, I think this is the biggest lead, percentage-wise, out of all the polls.

Raiders actually has a slightly higher percentage of the vote right now than Empire Strikes Back ended up with. In fact, I think this is the biggest lead, percentage-wise, out of all the polls.

I didn't notice that, but it really does deserve to be. To be fair, it wasn't a great year for films, imo.

I am dubious that ANYTHING will ever beat Predator head to head in a poll around here, though.

I can't wait to see how The Thing does. I think it was 82 or 83?

I didn't notice that, but it really does deserve to be. To be fair, it wasn't a great year for films, imo.

I am dubious that ANYTHING will ever beat Predator head to head in a poll around here, though.

I can't wait to see how The Thing does. I think it was 82 or 83?

Man, Predator. . . Predator's a great film but it's a little overrated around here.

And The Thing was '82.

Back