Your Favorite grappling mat?

Yeah we have proper wrestling mats, they're the best I've ever rolled on. My last comp had zebra mats, they felt alright.

One crappy thing about wrestling mats is that when it gets cold out the mats pretty much freeze and get hard as bricks.

I train both on wrestling mats when at college and at my school at home i train on swain mats i think

I bought $4000 worth of tatami because I wanted a good floor. I don't think anything will ever beat it.

We had wrestling mats before, but that's just asking for injuries.

dojo1.jpg

^^
That's awesome, I would love to have something like the poster above. I ended up buying a 10' x 10' dollamur wrestling mat for $400, I needed something cheap that would be soft enough for some hard tile floors. I will get some zebra tatami mats oneday, just can dish out $1000 right now for a nice size area. Do you think that 10' x 10' will be big enough with out having to stop every mins to keep from going off the mat? If anyone has a dollamur mat please comment on it and let me know what you think about it. I will make a review post when I get my mat in and try it out.

I like the Swain mats that are used at the world championships. They are long lasting mats that are expensive but worth it and will not harden like many other wrestling mats out there.

I like the Swain mats that are used at the world championships. They are long lasting mats that are expensive but worth it and will not harden like many other wrestling mats out there.

That's exactly what those are, in fact I got them slightly discounted because they were used for one day at nationals.

Aren't the Swain Flexi-Rolls the same as the Dollamur's? I think the only difference is that the Swain's have a tatami finish instead of the shiny finish on the Dollamur's.

Personally, I'd go with Zebra for permanent installations and Swain for multi-use gyms.

Back