Your Favorite Artwork ?

Ivan Aivazovsky

Aivazovsky%2C_Ivan_-_The_Ninth_Wave.jpg

beautiful:icon_cry2

Caravaggio and Van Gogh.

I like painters that lived the thug life.

Awesome thread! It's killing me to look through it though because I know I could never be as good. I'd give anything to have talent in any medium of art.

good to see all the dali love :D

hr giger
hr_giger_satan_i1.jpg

beksinski
beks61.jpg

and my own:icon_chee

MEDITATE.png

I like how virtually everyone in this thread?

Has owned the shit out of the OP's art choices.

Shush. That's not how art works. I loved the OP, there was a lot of good work in it. I was very impressed.

Someday when I'm super rich,I wanna own a Mark Rothko painting.
450px-Rothko_No_14.jpg

At the same time,i wanna wipe my ass with a Jackson Pollack.He made this kinda shit acceptable "art"

No._5%2C_1948.jpg

seriously,a preschooler does that kinda crap every day,and gets yelled at for wasting paint.

I'm big fan of Michael Hussar. His artwork is amazing in so many ways. Here's three of his works
hussarcollage.jpg

Evgraf Semenovich Sorokin - Ian Usmovets Stopping an Angry Bull

1280px-Evgraf_Semenovich_Sorokin_-_Ian_Usmovets_Stopping_an_Angry_Bull.jpg

Just a few of the various lithos adorning my walls. I recently bought a turn of the century victorian fixer upper, more walls, more opportunities.

of course first priority will be building my music room, ive always wanted to set up all my my kits at once, now ill finally be able to do so.

Dore
gustave_dore_dante_jupiter1.jpg

Picasso
picasso-guernica.jpg

Grey
tool-wallpaper.jpg

Rodriguez
ramiro.jpg

Carvaggio
Caravaggio_-_Martirio_di_San_Pietro.jpg

My favorite. Glad someone else likes it as well. When you see it the first time, and it looms all over you all by itself... words can't describe. there is really nothing like it. I was shaken to my core.

Someday when I'm super rich,I wanna own a Mark Rothko painting.

At the same time,i wanna wipe my ass with a Jackson Pollack.He made this kinda shit acceptable "art"

seriously,a preschooler does that kinda crap every day,and gets yelled at for wasting paint.

Implying a preschooler couldn't paint Rothko's chromatic squares? Rothko himself compared his work to a child's primitive creativity.

Pollock's paintings are stunning in person. Photos don't do them justice.

A while ago, there was an article about the art and stuff in Dana White's office, and one thing mentioned was a print of a nude Stephanie Seymour photo. I'd like to see that.

Also, 3-D art is cool. The kind where depending on your perspective, it looks like something, but when you're up close, it's stretched out.

Magic: The Gathering art is my fave. Best fantasy art you'll ever see.

Back