Your Fave/Best Disney Film??

Rise of Skywalker

star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker.gif

If just animated, I gotta go Emperors New Groove.

Otherwise Guardians of the Galaxy.

tumblr_mjotujQ56H1r0qp6so1_1280.gif

Tale as old as time;
Not my favorite, but the one that resonates with me on archetypal patterns evolutionary wise what women want/idealize guy in their mid or long term romance.
2684.gif

Movie is so archetypally true how women want to see themselves as women ideally would like to be & fall in love with a monster/beast outside; (leader status wise, or creative genius bad boy) that only she can tame & he falls in love with… to become the prince he always was.
(archetypal plot of every harlequin novel).
8ac2fdf3a8029f7d6265fe0f45788c411ff62729.gif
But men do as well. We all want to be handsome and charming and maybe make a gal laugh every once in a blue moon.

I haven't seen that one since I was in elementary, using sales as a metric though yes.

See to me Fox and the Hound goes back to a different era of Disney films. I don't think you could get one like that made nowadays but it was still a holdover from when they weren't afraid to go with tough issues and intense themes and situations. It's an inherently sad film, what with the depiction of a friendship collapsing under the weight of societal expectations but I'm thinking also of the ending where the protagonists face off against an impersonal, frightening force in the form of a massive bear. Total classic in my opinion. Mickey Rooney and Kurt Russell were great.

Some of those 80s Disney films are underrated, like the Great Mouse Detective. They aren't on the level of the stuff like Beauty and the Beast and the Lion King but they're quite good.

Yet
Tell that to my Stella Adler Degree in the Arts - but yeah it's amazing for sure. Never said it wasn't.
You tried to lessen it by insinuating that you needed to be high to watch it.

And I have been selling my art for about 20 years so im with ya

Why do I feel like the only person that had no interest in Disney movies after I turned 7

Yet

You tried to lessen it by insinuating that you needed to be high to watch it.

And I have been selling my art for about 20 years so im with ya
No kidding - I work with Milton Justice in the fine arts and with ROM in my spare time - what type of pieces? Do we have an art thread in here?

No kidding - I work with Milton Justice in the fine arts and with ROM in my spare time - what type of pieces? Do we have an art thread in here?

These are 8ft x 3ft on canvas.
I use house paint, oil paint, acrylic paint, spray paint, oil markers

IMG_20180822_123730.jpg

IMG_20190126_111546.jpg

This one os 6ft x 1 1/2ft
received_250202978669576.jpeg

These are some carvings. All done by hand.
Black is hand burned.
This is a walking stick I sold.
20210518_184524~2.jpg

Another walking stick I sold.
CAM00009-1.jpg

This is a war hammer I sold.

Back side.
IMG_20190210_104230.jpg

Front side.
IMG_20190210_104147.jpg

These are 8ft x 3ft on canvas.
I use house paint, oil paint, acrylic paint, spray paint, oil markers

View attachment 999322

View attachment 999328

This one os 6ft x 1 1/2ft
View attachment 999325

These are some carvings. All done by hand.
Black is hand burned.
This is a walking stick I sold.
View attachment 999323

Another walking stick I sold.
View attachment 999327

This is a war hammer I sold.

Back side.
View attachment 999326

Front side.
View attachment 999324

Roger Rabbit counts, damn it! It's owned by Disney, features Disney characters and he has a ride at Disney World/Land.

This or The Great Mouse Detective for me.
The sword in the stone is pretty good too.

Also Robin hood was cool

Back