• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

You read this Craziness?

Don't be ridiculous. I think its pretty negative, guys losing their jobs because they think Pac is poor at basketball.

All of these athletes are completely overlooked because Manny jumps on the court and plays poorly for 2 minutes a year. Of course they are going to get frustrated, being overlooked for a guy who barely plays.

I guarantee that if you did this in any spot world wide, the athletes who are actually great at the sport would criticize.

I think you're severely overestimating the PBA if you think having the Phillipines version of Dr. King (lol) on the court is stealing the other superstars' thunder.

The only way this would present him in a bad light would be if he fired the guy or had the guy fired. But being that he isn't involved, it's really just bad press for the PBA.

Last edited:
Remember all the shit Jordan took while playing AAA ball?

He played in AA, but yes, he was hearing that and worse multiple times per day. From other players in the league as well who didn't appreciate him taking a spot on a roster when it could of went to another player much more deserving.

But Jordan actually did pretty good for himself in that league after a rough patch to start off, and AA is still a very, very high level of baseball. Typically AA baseball is where you'll find most of the top young prospects in game with AAA being more for failed major leaguers or career minor leaguers. AA baseball in the US would be numerous levels above a pro basketball league in the Philippines if comparing the quality of players in their respective sports.

He played in AA, but yes, he was hearing that and worse multiple times per day. From other players in the league as well who didn't appreciate him taking a spot on a roster when it could of went to another player much more deserving.

But Jordan actually did pretty good for himself in that league after a rough patch to start off, and AA is still a very, very high level of baseball. Typically AA baseball is where you'll find most of the top young prospects in game with AAA being more for failed major leaguers or career minor leaguers. AA baseball in the US would be numerous levels above a pro basketball league in the Philippines if comparing the quality of players in their respective sports.

Thanks for the correction.

I saw a documentary on Jordan years ago that touched on his time at the Sox farm; the one thing that stuck more than anything was that his coaches were frustrated with all of the negativity directed at Michael. He was the first to show up and the last the leave every day, which partly explains why he was able get over that rough patch. That, and being an extremely gifted athlete.

Thanks for the correction.

I saw a documentary on Jordan years ago that touched on his time at the Sox farm; the one thing that stuck more than anything was that his coaches were frustrated with all of the negativity directed at Michael. He was the first to show up and the last the leave every day, which partly explains why he was able get over that rough patch. That, and being an extremely gifted athlete.

That was a tremendous athletic achievement by Jordan and one that he doesn't get nearly enough credit for. Some people may look at his baseball stats and say he wasn't very good or something a lot less polite. And they're not wrong if only comparing him to guys in the majors or something like that. But this is a guy who hadn't play baseball beyond the high school school level and hadn't play organized baseball for over a dozen years. He jumped right into a high level of minor league baseball and didn't embarrass himself at all. For a lot of the season he was a pretty decent AA player in fact. He did something that a lot of high MLB draft picks have struggled to do right after they've finished playing at the college level. Like you said, you'd have to be an extremely gifted athlete to do what he did in AA. And then some.

That was a tremendous athletic achievement by Jordan and one that he doesn't get nearly enough credit for. Some people may look at his baseball stats and say he wasn't very good or something a lot less polite. And they're not wrong if only comparing him to guys in the majors or something like that. But this is a guy who hadn't play baseball beyond the high school school level and hadn't play organized baseball for over a dozen years. He jumped right into a high level of minor league baseball and didn't embarrass himself at all. For a lot of the season he was a pretty decent AA player in fact. He did something that a lot of high MLB draft picks have struggled to do right after they've finished playing at the college level. Like you said, you'd have to be an extremely gifted athlete to do what he did in AA. And then some.

Bo Jackson was the best 2 Sport athlete.

This really isn't a negative Pac story at all, being that he isn't even personally involved in this situation. The story just highlights a fact we all already know, which is that you probably shouldn't publically criticize your company's primary (only) cash cow if you're entirely expendable.

Don't be ridiculous. I think its pretty negative, guys losing their jobs because they think Pac is poor at basketball.

All of these athletes are completely overlooked because Manny jumps on the court and plays poorly for 2 minutes a year. Of course they are going to get frustrated, being overlooked for a guy who barely plays.

I guarantee that if you did this in any spot world wide, the athletes who are actually great at the sport would criticize.

Pac is not involved in his dismissal. He has no role in the discipline distributed by the PBA, and the article doesn't imply he does. I'm confused as to what judgement you're making about Pacquiao here. If it upsets you that the guy was fired, I think your resentment would be better directed at his boss.

As for your 2nd point, popularity plays a huge role in all sports around the world. David Beckham was puking on the turf at his final World Cup, but he was there. Then he played for many more years, collecting bloated paychecks. Why? Asses in the seats. The whole, "he's stealing an amazing player's spot and salary space just because he's popular" line could be said in many situations in every sport in every country. That's business.

Of course it's your right to believe people should be able to criticize their company without punishment. But not every company is accepting of criticism from their employees. Pacquiao may agree with you, we have no way of knowing.

Push quote again. I dare you to push the quote button one more MFin' time.

Samuel_L._Jackson_Pulp_fiction_2.png

Bo Jackson was the best 2 Sport athlete.

I'm not a horribly big football or baseball fan, but I think Sanders deserves a mention, too. World Series and Super Bowl champ.

I'm not a horribly big football or baseball fan, but I think Sanders deserves a mention, too. World Series and Super Bowl champ.

Did he win the World Series? I thought he was the only man to play in the Super Bowl and World Series, but didn't win the latter.

Pac is not involved in his dismissal. He has no role in the discipline distributed by the PBA, and the article doesn't imply he does. I'm confused as to what judgement you're making about Pacquiao here. If it upsets you that the guy was fired, I think your resentment would be better directed at his boss.

As for your 2nd point, popularity plays a huge role in all sports around the world. David Beckham was puking on the turf at his final World Cup, but he was there. Then he played for many more years, collecting bloated paychecks. Why? Asses in the seats. The whole, "he's stealing an amazing player's spot and salary space just because he's popular" line could be said in many situations in every sport in every country. That's business.

Of course it's your right to believe people should be able to criticize their company without punishment. But not every company is accepting of criticism from their employees. Pacquiao may agree with you, we have no way of knowing.

That wouldn't apply to Beckham if we're talking the MLS, though. He was one of the best players in the league even when he was way past his best (and I'm someone who thought Beckham was always pretty overrated). He was still a half useful player when he was on loan with AC Milan, as well (he didn't see the pitch all that much with them), and a club of Milan's stature wouldn't care about playing Beckham for extra attention if he was utterly useless. Of course, Pacquiao shouldn't receive blame for the stupidity of others (and there is nothing to suggest he was directly involved in getting the guy kicked out of the league), but let's be honest, it's a pretty ridiculous situation.

Dam. I always forget about Deon. Barry is always the first and onlu Sanders I think of.

Weird how that works. There was a period where I was a big baseball fan (when I was playing in little league and middle school), and there were a few guys who I was a big fan of. At the time, the Braves and Yankee's were constantly battling it out as the best team in the majors. Mike Piazza was my favorite player, and he was on the Mets at the time so I couldn't rightfully cheer for the Yankee's. So Greg Maddox was the guy on that team who I latched on to. As years went on I had almost forgotten about him until a girl I work with recently told me she named her dog Chipper Jones, and then it all came back.

lol he was fired because he wasnt good and he was implying that the whole organization was biased. Maybe it was but to diss the whole org and continue to do so will get you fired.

Pacquiao had nothing to do with it he plays just a few minutes if at all.

Back