You know things are bad when Americans are joking about YOUR political leaders...

Yeah, the Labour leadership basically self-destructed and Abbott just hid from the media so everyone could forget how bad he was.

I don't know if Australia can wait until 2017 to reciprocate this.

Well, they had promised no cuts and removal of carbon taxes and whatnot.

They also ran a very successful smear campaign on Labour party and they keep making out like if Liberal party were not voted in that AUstralia was going to fall apart or something.

Debt, debt, debt. They rammed that down peoples' throats and people got scared and the smeared labour and promised removal of taxes and no newer taxes and they got the vote.

It might as well be a dictatorship. They lied through their teeth like the shit stains they are and now they're in power.

They should all be removed and imprisoned.

Labor did that to themselves with the Rudd/Gillard debacle, they were never going to be elected. They put Rudd back in charge to limit the damage.

Abbott actually took a leaf from Rudd in his campaign. Rudd did exactly the same thing to Howard, had no policies and just went after him negatively.

This is what the Australian public do, they get sick of one leader and then vote for the other guy. What they don't think about is how bad the other guy actually is and then they get a reality check once the new guy comes into power.

I agree re the debt, they are being exceptionally dishonest there. Government debt is nothing like household debt and during the GFC the stimulus played a big role in keeping us out of recession. That is basic economics but these guys just parrot bullshit.

Labor did that to themselves with the Rudd/Gillard debacle, they were never going to be elected. They put Rudd back in charge to limit the damage.

Abbott actually took a leaf from Rudd in his campaign. Rudd did exactly the same thing to Howard, had no policies and just went after him negatively.

This is what the Australian public do, they get sick of one leader and then vote for the other guy. What they don't think about is how bad the other guy actually is and then they get a reality check once the new guy comes into power.

I agree re the debt, they are being exceptionally dishonest there. Government debt is nothing like household debt and during the GFC the stimulus played a big role in keeping us out of recession. That is basic economics but these guys just parrot bullshit.

At least Rudd could stand in opposition to Howard's "Work Choices" though.
What are Abbott's election issues and stances?
How do you take a stance against fearmongering over boat people and the "debt crisis" from a political weathervane (with the added bonus of opportunism and random misdirection)?
Plus Shorten is a bit of a non-entity.

At least Rudd could stand in opposition to Howard's "Work Choices" though.
What are Abbott's election issues and stances?
How do you take a stance against fearmongering over boat people and the "debt crisis" from a political weathervane (with the added bonus of opportunism and random misdirection)?
Plus Shorten is a bit of a non-entity.

Paid Maternity leave for the rich. It was his signature policy :redface:

It was hillarious him parroting that garbage. He expanded on a policy that already existed by simply increasing the income thresholds and taxing companies to fund it.

I've said it before the guy is a mental midget.

Paid Maternity leave for the rich. It was his signature policy :redface:

It was hillarious him parroting that garbage. He expanded on a policy that already existed by simply increasing the income thresholds and taxing companies to fund it.

I've said it before the guy is a mental midget.

Yeah, policy genius. That got sidelined in the budget anyway didn't it? :icon_lol:

Yeah, policy genius. That got sidelined in the budget anyway didn't it? :icon_lol:

I think it got reduced from $150K to $100K, but it is a stupid policy anyway.

If you are earning $150K per annum, you can either go back to work asap and have your lower income spouse take care of the kid or alternatively save up some money and still get the existing average wage for 18 weeks. People on that sort of income clearly aren't struggling.

You know things are bad when Rupert run Media corporations actually start running negative articles on their god.

Yeah, the Labour leadership basically self-destructed and Abbott just hid from the media so everyone could forget how bad he was.

*Labor

I'm starting up a new political party and running for the senate. Going to call it "The Australian labour party" might get votes like the democratic liberal party did.

*Labor

I'm starting up a new political party and running for the senate. Going to call it "The Australian labour party" might get votes like the democratic liberal party did.

Eh... English spell checker thought it was an Americanism (hate those).
You'd have some competition, there's already a Democratic Labour Party and a Progressive Labour Party. :icon_chee

Tbh I think Labour party would have been reelected had they not booted Rudd the first time. That was just a major fuck up on their part.

Yes, they ran some major scare tactics. Debt as you agree was one but boat people was another. I mean what effect does that have on Australians? none. Just another straw man that they set up to further their little mini dictatorship.

They need to call a referendum or another election or something. They conned their way into power and we don't want these morons. I think their approval rating is somewhere below 35% percent lol.

*Labor

I think it used to be called labour.

How about the liberal labour party. I couldn't be a worse senator then that shooters party guy from victoria

Yes, they ran some major scare tactics. Debt as you agree was one but boat people was another. I mean what effect does that have on Australians? none. Just another straw man that they set up to further their little mini dictatorship.

Dog whistle conservative politics. Worked for Howard, still worked for Abbott.
Increase immigration, promote the 457 Visa program, but hammer the "boat people".

Dog whistle conservative politics. Worked for Howard, still worked for Abbott.
Increase immigration, promote the 457 Visa program, but hammer the "boat people".

I want to see him on QandA. He has avoided the media like it was the plague.

They should have him in for a 2 hour session and shred him. It would be lovely watching him answer these questions and squirm.

Tbh I think Labour party would have been reelected had they not booted Rudd the first time. That was just a major fuck up on their part.

They need to call a referendum or another election or something. They conned their way into power and we don't want these morons. I think their approval rating is somewhere below 35% percent lol.

I don't disagree. Problem was that Rudd was a fucking prick, a control freak and a narcissist. He lost the support of the caucus because of that fact, it was not policy related.

The fact that he was ousted tells you how despised he was by his own colleagues. Even when he got ousted he couldn't handle it and challenged again and lost and only got put in to limit the damage at the election.

How about the liberal labour party. I couldn't be a worse senator then that shooters party guy from victoria

Heh, I usually put the Shooters party before both major parties.
Never really crossed my mind that they could possibly get into a position to influence anything aside from firearm policy.
Politically active gun nuts are usually in the freaky fringe.

Alright aussie's, exactly how bad has this guy screwed Australia's economy

Alright aussie's, exactly how bad has this guy screwed Australia's economy

Oh, I don't think Abbott will greatly damage the economy. It's mostly out of his hands. Not that that stopped Howard from taking credit for the windfall of Chinese economic growth and mineral demand.
That said, even though Abbott slashed public spending and increased funding mostly through more regressive tax policy (fuel tax), he hasn't really delivered to business either.
It's great to reduce the Government deficit and have a balanced budget, but I'm not convinced it's such an important goal in itself that it should be the no. 1 priority. It's not much of an economic policy direction.
Systematically underfunding health and education, cutting social services and the social safety net, while privatising as much as possible, is just putting the final nails into the coffin of "Egalitarian Australia".
His environmental policy is also shithouse/non-existent.

Edit: Oh and he increased our commitment to the F-35 program. I know how you love that money pit.

Last edited:
Back