You know things are bad when Americans are joking about YOUR political leaders...

Ruprecht

Hands Of The Judges
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Taking the piss out of Americans and American politics is pretty much the norm over here. It's usually a one way street though.
I was shocked to see this in my news feed this morning:

So, now we know how screwed we are...
Turnabout is fair play I guess.

LOL Abbott's greatest hits?

He has plenty of them that is for sure. I think it just demonstrates what a cold hearted terrible human being that he is.

LOL Abbott's greatest hits?

He has plenty of them that is for sure. I think it just demonstrates what a cold hearted terrible human being that he is.

Hah, Abbott's greatest hits? Hopefully when it comes to leading the country he's a one hit wonder.
Still, speaking of hits, someone posted this budget commentary in the comments section:

Tony Dumb Dumb. HaHa.

He needs a suppository of wisdom.

Its as if you guys elected one of our State Legislators from the Bible Belt to run your entire country. I expect some more empathy coming from you Aussies in the future.

Hah, Abbott's greatest hits? Hopefully when it comes to leading the country he's a one hit wonder.
Still, speaking of hits, someone posted this budget commentary in the comments section:

pretty funny. I honestly don't think Shorten can turn the tables on Abbott. I think the best PM would be Turnbull, he is intelligent and rational and looks at issues objectively. But he is too left leaning for the Liberals, they'd rather be lead by the nutter.

I love listening to Paul Keating talk about Abbott, it is hillarious. I think also he refers to Joe Hockey as 'Shrek'

pretty funny. I honestly don't think Shorten can turn the tables on Abbott. I think the best PM would be Turnbull, he is intelligent and rational and looks at issues objectively. But he is too left leaning for the Liberals, they'd rather be lead by the nutter.

I love listening to Paul Keating talk about Abbott, it is hillarious. I think also he refers to Joe Hockey as 'Shrek'

That's the thing, the Libs had Turnbull as leader and booted him for Abbott...
Says it all about the current state of the Coalition.

Of course Turnbull is still denying another challenge is on the cards anyway (can't really blame him after the Rudd/Gillard debacle), and the likes of Bolt are doing their best to undermine any chance he might have.
Screwed I tell you...

Keating's an outrageous elitist snob, but he had some of his best moments attacking Liberal leaders in parliament. He hasn't lost it. :icon_lol:

Last edited:
Taking the piss out of Americans and American politics is pretty much the norm over here. It's usually a one way street though.
I was shocked to see this in my news feed this morning:

So, now we know how screwed we are...
Turnabout is fair play I guess.

We rarely notice the antics of countries that aren't serious world players. But we love Crocodile Dundee so we threw you a bone.

Its as if you guys elected one of our State Legislators from the Bible Belt to run your entire country. I expect some more empathy coming from you Aussies in the future.

You aren't too far off. Tony Abbott had two vocational choices. Become a catholic priest or a politician. He chose politics. But he was actually studying to be a priest at one stage.

Yeah, this was embarrassing.

I think they will boot him, the guy has murdered any chances of the Liberal part getting reelected.

what on earth....hes like a dick cheney Dubya hybrid

what on earth....hes like a dick cheney Dubya hybrid

He's also a chronic liar who has lied about near every single thing he promised before he was elected.

It isn't even politician lies, it's just blatant and in your face.

He's also a chronic liar who has lied about near every single thing he promised before he was elected.

It isn't even politician lies, it's just blatant and in your face.

He is a politician, what do you expect? You need to be a special type of scumbag to be one imo.

He had a good mentor. Remember this?

[YT]XtZLV7MvcLI[/YT]

He is a politician, what do you expect? You need to be a special type of scumbag to be one imo.

He had a good mentor. Remember this?

[YT]XtZLV7MvcLI[/YT]

Jesus, I had almost put that buffoon out of my mind.

capture.jpg

In his first budget he announced,

Cuts to Education,
Cuts to Health,
Changes to the pension,
Cuts to ABC,
Cuts to SBS.

I said it before the election many many times, you can't trust him.

Situations change and leaders need to react and maybe some time break old promises for the good of the nation, but nothing changed all that much and he renegged on near everything.

I predict he will be booted for the same reason he got in, people don't like the current PM and so vote for the other guy.

Shorten needs to take a chapter out of abotts, stay quiet and let the hate for the other guy grow.

It's rare to find one that'll just constantly pull abrupt and blatant about faces on issues and policy stances though. With Abbott that's the one thing you CAN count on.
How anyone could vote for Liberal with an Abbott leadership I don't know.

Dont worry, we dont really think about yall ever, actually.

It's rare to find one that'll just constantly pull abrupt and blatant about faces on issues and policy stances though. With Abbott that's the one thing you CAN count on.
How anyone could vote for Liberal with an Abbott leadership I don't know.

Well, they had promised no cuts and removal of carbon taxes and whatnot.

They also ran a very successful smear campaign on Labour party and they keep making out like if Liberal party were not voted in that AUstralia was going to fall apart or something.

Debt, debt, debt. They rammed that down peoples' throats and people got scared and the smeared labour and promised removal of taxes and no newer taxes and they got the vote.

It might as well be a dictatorship. They lied through their teeth like the shit stains they are and now they're in power.

They should all be removed and imprisoned.

Dont worry, we dont really think about yall ever, actually.

Not until you need us to lead one of your invasions of a foreign country. Australian special forces, first on the ground in many American invasions.

Don't kid yourself.

Well, they had promised no cuts and removal of carbon taxes and whatnot.

They also ran a very successful smear campaign on Labour party and they keep making out like if Liberal party were not voted in that AUstralia was going to fall apart or something.

Debt, debt, debt. They rammed that down peoples' throats and people got scared and the smeared labour and promised removal of taxes and no newer taxes and they got the vote.

It might as well be a dictatorship. They lied through their teeth like the shit stains they are and now they're in power.

They should all be removed and imprisoned.

Yeah, the Labour leadership basically self-destructed and Abbott just hid from the media so everyone could forget how bad he was.

Back