You have to be an idiot to think Tyron is the GOAT welterweight

Let me just debunk this real quick.

UFC champions defeated, absolutely laughable stat.

You included a win over Hendricks like that actually happened, everyone with a pair of eyes knows that he lost that fight. You included Carlos Condit who was never a UFC champion. You mention Matt Serra which in a word is just "pathetic" to mention. You are swelling Matt Serra's reputation and resume up to UFC Champion lol when the only reason why he became champion is because he made GSP tap to strikes, he didn't deserve a shot at the belt, was a bloated Lightweight and went on to be awful after the GSP loss. Sean Sherk... you're mentioning Lightweights now, really!? You also mention the win against BJ Penn the first time around which is one of the most controversial losses in MMA history and Penn was a fucking Lightweight lol.

The title defenses stat is okay, but still misleading. Again, anyone with two eyes knows that Tyron beat the dogshit out of Thompson in that first fight, clearly won. I also hate when people bring up title defenses like it's some sacred stat to measure how good a fighter is. GSP has some defenses which are just pathetic, Dan Hardy and Matt Serra come to mind, Tyron Woodley hasn't had a subpar fighter as an opponent in years.

Record vs Non-UFC champions - this may be the most laughable part of your post. Thomas Denny, Frank Trigg... you brought up Icon Sport as a genuine promotion. I just don't know what more to say.

Lol @ rematches being a stat. Tyron cannot help it if his career never went in the direction of a rematch. What was he supposed to do? Rematch Rory when he's not in the UFC no more? Rematch Marquardt who was nowhere near him in the rankings? Just makes zero sense.

Hilarious that you brought up GSP being the lineal champion, like how many more reaches are you going to pull out? The dude hasn't fought at 170 in almost 5 years, and you're still calling him the champ!?!?!?!?

Bottom line, GSP could have fought Woodley and he ducked again and again and again.

Woodley's resume is not definitely better than GSP, I'm not claiming that, but to act like it's a landslide or not at all an argument is just asinine.
Yeah it's idiotic honestly

If Tyron and Marquardt had fought last year who do you think would've won? I mean Woodley beats Nate any time from 2013 onwards, especially because Nate was off the juice in his UFC return. Woodley arguably won against Shields too, and has only gotten better since then while Jake has gotten way worse and older, he definitely gets starched in a rematch.

I haven't heard anyone claiming he is on here tbh.....however to think he is miles off is even more absurd. The guys he faced and beaten are better than anyone GSP beat IMO.

Woodley is closing in on the WW GOAT title fast. GSP is ducking that monster for a reason.

Well the supposed goat ww is same age as the champ, but refuses to face him n everybody knows why

Woodley would ko his ass

Because GSP is an "active" fighter who refuses to defend his GOAT status vs a clearly dominant WW champ who is beating more skilled modern fighters.

I clearly remember tyron losing to shields...a guy gsp beat...so theres that....

I don't believe "GOAT" should be applied to active fighters. Reflect on his career after he is retired for good.

Woodley may have surpassed Hughes but yeah by no metrics is he even close to surpassing GSP. People just start getting excited as soon as there is a title defense or two by a champion. Same thing happened with Weidman and now he is a nobody. Stipe was being touted as HW GOAT too and one loss and he is done also.

GSP is still the WW GOAT by stats.
2018 Woodley though is probably the best fighter ever at WW.

Back