1. Guest, The MS Paint Shoop Thread v5 is up! Red Block» | Blue Block»

You have to be an idiot to think Tyron is the GOAT welterweight

Discussion in 'The Lightweights' started by vertical_leap, Sep 12, 2018.

1. vertical_leap Green Belt

[​IMG]

credit to r/mma user Pmosure

Can someone explain why they think Tyron is the welterweight GOAT (besides mindless GSP hate obviously)

2. Hespectfully Black Belt Platinum Member

because aliens and HGH gut.

3. chinarice Steel Belt

Because haters have been waiting for over a decade to find anyone they can latch onto, to say they're better than Georges.

This is a site filled with Muricans and Brazilians and GSP beat all their heroes. To make it worse, he is a soft-spoken, french person. That makes them even angrier that some poutine-eating, soft spoken french guy is the best.

4. ISTUDI Orange Belt

GSP 49 - 46

5. Thecoolguy13 Yellow Belt

Agreed. People don't like to remember tyrone getting washed by rory and Jake shield

6. OmegaRugal Red Belt

Because GSP is an "active" fighter who refuses to defend his GOAT status vs a clearly dominant WW champ who is beating more skilled modern fighters.

7. Dark Individual GOAT of all GOATS Banned

Woodley may have surpassed Hughes but yeah by no metrics is he even close to surpassing GSP. People just start getting excited as soon as there is a title defense or two by a champion. Same thing happened with Weidman and now he is a nobody. Stipe was being touted as HW GOAT too and one loss and he is done also.

8. Mark Johannus Brown Belt

Don’t forget about Nate the Great with that crazy finish

9. Thc Sargon Blue Belt

Finally, a person who gets it. GSP!!

10. MMAthriller Banned Banned

Has anyone actually claimed Woodley is the GOAT?

Thinking that Tyron would beat a prime GSP is not the same as calling Tyron the GOAT.

Skill ≠ resume (even though I believe GSP is better in both)

11. vertical_leap Green Belt

You must not go on shitdog often, good for you.

12. Threetrees BLM

To be fair Poutine is delicious

13. Strijfy Brown Belt

what forum have you been reading? , its been almost every thread ad nausea um

14. rurouni Black Belt

he's not at gsp resume level...yet anyway

Also, I think Bisping beats woodley in the same manner as Rory and Marquadt handled him

15. SenseiJim Green Belt

Tyquil has a long eay to go before he cab even be duscussed in the same level of greatness.
    There is a new GOAT after every ppv. It baffles me how many dick riders there are on this site

16. chinarice Steel Belt

Quite delicious.

17. chinarice Steel Belt

Yes, plenty have and numerous threads have been made about it.

18. The Natural Born Runner Banned Banned

Let me just debunk this real quick.

UFC champions defeated, absolutely laughable stat.

You included a win over Hendricks like that actually happened, everyone with a pair of eyes knows that he lost that fight. You included Carlos Condit who was never a UFC champion. You mention Matt Serra which in a word is just "pathetic" to mention. You are swelling Matt Serra's reputation and resume up to UFC Champion lol when the only reason why he became champion is because he made GSP tap to strikes, he didn't deserve a shot at the belt, was a bloated Lightweight and went on to be awful after the GSP loss. Sean Sherk... you're mentioning Lightweights now, really!? You also mention the win against BJ Penn the first time around which is one of the most controversial losses in MMA history and Penn was a fucking Lightweight lol.

The title defenses stat is okay, but still misleading. Again, anyone with two eyes knows that Tyron beat the dogshit out of Thompson in that first fight, clearly won. I also hate when people bring up title defenses like it's some sacred stat to measure how good a fighter is. GSP has some defenses which are just pathetic, Dan Hardy and Matt Serra come to mind, Tyron Woodley hasn't had a subpar fighter as an opponent in years.

Record vs Non-UFC champions - this may be the most laughable part of your post. Thomas Denny, Frank Trigg... you brought up Icon Sport as a genuine promotion. I just don't know what more to say.

Lol @ rematches being a stat. Tyron cannot help it if his career never went in the direction of a rematch. What was he supposed to do? Rematch Rory when he's not in the UFC no more? Rematch Marquardt who was nowhere near him in the rankings? Just makes zero sense.

Hilarious that you brought up GSP being the lineal champion, like how many more reaches are you going to pull out? The dude hasn't fought at 170 in almost 5 years, and you're still calling him the champ!?!?!?!?

Bottom line, GSP could have fought Woodley and he ducked again and again and again.

Woodley's resume is not definitely better than GSP, I'm not claiming that, but to act like it's a landslide or not at all an argument is just asinine.

19. vertical_leap Green Belt

I didn't make this graphic for the record, I only take credit for the parts that are correct.

20. Shaddows Steel Belt

Sorry, I agree in concept with all you wrote.
    But LOL at "ruled MW"... he had one fight, an undeserving title shot against the weakest MW champion, and then he run from Whittaker... I would not call this "ruling" anything.
    unless you want to claim GDR ruled Women's FW division.