You guys seem confused about Chandler

Mike

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Keep seeing all these threads raging out about Chandler and how he doesn't deserve this and shouldn't get that. You guys are aware that the ufc hired him on a big money contract and wants him in big fights right?

It wasn't because of some petition from sherdoggers. Most of us don't really care about him lmao. If you're that triggered go hit up Dana on Twitter. Us sherdoggers are really confused about why you keep yelling at us about him.

<WhatIsThis>

They want blood
<{JustBleed}>

I pretty much agree, but after Hector Lombard and Will Brooks (also Bellator transfers), Dana has to realize Chandler could be a bust. Or he could be a Top 6-10 type LW who's fun to watch but not a serious contender. It's really hard to know. Chandler hasn't fought enough good competition in recent years to really evaluate him (the Friere fight lasted one minute and Bendo is well past his prime IMO).

Keep seeing all these threads raging out about Chandler and how he doesn't deserve this and shouldn't get that. You guys are aware that the ufc hired him on a big money contract and wants him in big fights right?

It wasn't because of some petition from sherdoggers. Most of us don't really care about him lmao. If you're that triggered go hit up Dana on Twitter. Us sherdoggers are really confused about why you keep yelling at us about him.

<WhatIsThis>
They also paid a lot for Askren. Askren was a champion transfer that represented OneFC. Chandler is a champion transfer representing Bellator.

The question is, does the UFC brand want to look bad vs a Bellator champion in their first fight? Does that make the UFC brand look better or worse than the competition?

Chandler is a live dog, so if he ends up winning as the underdog they can spin the narrative with Bellator losing one of their top fighters to them. Either way it's a win-win for UFC.

They also paid a lot for Askren. Askren was a champion transfer that represented OneFC. Chandler is a champion transfer representing Bellator.

The question is, does the UFC brand want to look bad vs a Bellator champion in their first fight? Does that make the UFC brand look better or worse than the competition?

Chandler is a live dog, so if he ends up winning as the underdog they can spin the narrative with Bellator losing one of their top fighters to them. Either way it's a win-win for UFC.
It's win/win either way.

Chandler loses, Dana can shit on Bellator having shitty talent.

Chandler wins, Dana makes money off an exciting fighter just like he did with Gaethje.

Chandler is a bit overrated in terms of being a top tier fighter. Look at this record, his best win is Eddie Alvarez who he split a 1-1 record with. He also got beat by Brooks and Fierre pretty handidly. At best, based off what I’ve seen from him, he’s an overvalued top 15 LW

<WhatIsThis>
I'm not confused by that. I just don't like him talking from both sides of his mouth and him talking to other top fighters as if he's the A-side. That's all. The problem is not him facing top 5 opponents. That's standard for ex champs from another organizations to be thrown in the fire. The whole calling tony out on short notice then calling tony silly for doing the same with tony actually giving him more time is just annoying. Its like dude, shut the fuck up. Let the UFC do what they need to do and just promote the fight when it gets here. Stop being a bitch.

Chandler is a bit overrated in terms of being a top tier fighter. Look at this record, his best win is Eddie Alvarez who he split a 1-1 record with. He also got beat by Brooks and Fierre pretty handidly. At best, based off what I’ve seen from him, he’s an overvalued top 15 LW
Tbf a prime Alvarez is a really good win though. He's strangely underrated on here. Easily one of the best lws of all time.

One thing Chandler has done well and has to be given credit for is how much publicity and demand he's got. He's playing the game very well in terms of creating buzz around his debut and using the media to his advantage. No fights signed yet and he's already been called out by Tony, Hooker, RDA, Islam and Felder.

I think it's safe to assume that his debut fight will be pretty big and get a lot of attention. And if he's impressive in his debut that he will certainly be a instant contender.

Legitimacy has been thrown to the wind long long time ago. Nowadays, as long as it's a fun fight, I'm all for it.

One thing Chandler has done well and has to be given credit for is how much publicity and demand he's got. He's playing the game very well in terms of creating buzz around his debut and using the media to his advantage. No fights signed yet and he's already been called out by Tony, Hooker, RDA, Islam and Felder.

I think it's safe to assume that his debut fight will be pretty big and get a lot of attention. And if he's impressive in his debut that he will certainly be a instant contender.
Eh, I don't think he has heat like that. I think for the most part, I'm in the vocal minority in people that want to see this dude gets his ass kicked. I don't think people care to see chandler challenge for the title and or/possibly win the title. If he wins the title, he's not a draw. Just my opinion. He's not going to become the star. Its kinda hard to become the star even if he beats conor or khabib.

I think as long he's champion and gets ppv points, he probably wouldn't give a fuck.

Last edited:
Back