You guys seem confused about Chandler

It's win/win either way.

Chandler loses, Dana can shit on Bellator having shitty talent.

Chandler wins, Dana makes money off an exciting fighter just like he did with Gaethje.
you think he's going to get gaethje level attention/ gaethje is the POTN king lol

It's win/win either way.

Chandler loses, Dana can shit on Bellator having shitty talent.

Chandler wins, Dana makes money off an exciting fighter just like he did with Gaethje.

Gaethje worked out but it was also a bumpy start. 1st fight was super close and could've gone either way, then he had 2 losses in a row - so there was adjustments to his fighting style that had to be made.

They can build Chandler with a loss or a win, but for the UFC brand it's a better look if Chandler loses his first fight - then build him up after.

Gaethje worked out but it was also a bumpy start. 1st fight was super close and could've gone either way, then he had 2 losses in a row - so there was adjustments to his fighting style that had to be made.

They can build Chandler with a loss or a win, but for the UFC brand it's a better look if Chandler loses his first fight - then build him up after.
It looks good for bellator whether he loses and build or wins wright away but they would look stupid for letting him go.

I don't think ufc gives a fuck about how they're viewed. They're the brand. Most of the ufc audience haven't heard of the outside promotions.

I try to not get too caught up in all the bullshit. At the end of the day the UFC got a potential top guy at 155 from another promotion who provides us some potential exciting matchups that might not have ever came to fruition.

Chandler's stock will rise or fall based on these next several fights. He will prove he's legit and win or he will lose. I feel that there's a 3rd option though. He can still be legit and lose. When you're fighting one of the top handful of fighters in the world, there's no shame in losing an exciting or closely contested bout.

It looks good for bellator whether he loses and build or wins wright away but they would look stupid for letting him go.

I don't think ufc gives a fuck about how they're viewed. They're the brand. Most of the ufc audience haven't heard of the outside promotions.
UFC definitely cares about their brand. Their brand is supposed to be the top promotion with the best fighters. It'll hurt their brand if a fighter from another promotion, that also makes the claim to have the best fighters, comes in and just steam rolls their top level fighters.

It'll open up questions like what other fighters from their competition can do the same?
And does UFC really have the best fighters?

That's bad for the overall brand of UFC if questions like that start being asked by the casual fans. The hardcore fans understands there is top talent everywhere - but the branding of the UFC is for them to be at the top of the food chain with the best fighters.

UFC definitely cares about their brand. Their brand is supposed to be the top promotion with the best fighters. It'll hurt their brand if a fighter from another promotion, that also makes the claim to have the best fighters, comes in and just steam rolls their top level fighters.

It'll open up questions like what other fighters from their competition can do the same?
And does UFC really have the best fighters?

That's bad for the overall brand of UFC if questions like that start being asked by the casual fans. The hardcore fans understands there is top talent everywhere - but the branding of the UFC is for them to be at the top of the food chain with the best fighters.
I'm sure they care to certain extent, but I don't think it'll matter all too much to be honest. Gaethje was the undefeated PFL champion. Wasn't pettis a champion in an other org as well?I think they like ready guys like we don't have to build you up, come here and be ready to fight. Its a win for them. If the bellator guys came and dominated, see bellator doens't know how to build fighters. That's why the best come here. If they lose, well we have the best and make sure we have the deepest talent pool.

They can spin it anyway. No matter what the result is.

Wow a useless post. No one's confused about that. We get it.

Keep seeing all these threads raging out about Chandler and how he doesn't deserve this and shouldn't get that. You guys are aware that the ufc hired him on a big money contract and wants him in big fights right?
Those aren't mutually exclusive. The UFC can want him to get big fights that he doesn't deserve.

It wasn't because of some petition from sherdoggers. Most of us don't really care about him lmao. If you're that triggered go hit up Dana on Twitter. Us sherdoggers are really confused about why you keep yelling at us about him.
Who is who in this scenario? Aren't you saying "you" to us... us sherdoggers? Form a predicate for your sentence, bud.

Wow a useless post. No one's confused about that. We get it.

Those aren't mutually exclusive. The UFC can want him to get big fights that he doesn't deserve.

Who is who in this scenario? Aren't you saying "you" to us... us sherdoggers? Form a predicate for your sentence, bud.
I mean the ufc is probably a better judge of his value then random sherdoggers. And obvs I'm referring to the angry tone some doggers seem to have over the issue with other doggers. Like we did this to them or something lolz

I pretty much agree, but after Hector Lombard and Will Brooks (also Bellator transfers), Dana has to realize Chandler could be a bust. Or he could be a Top 6-10 type LW who's fun to watch but not a serious contender. It's really hard to know. Chandler hasn't fought enough good competition in recent years to really evaluate him (the Friere fight lasted one minute and Bendo is well past his prime IMO).
To be fair. Bendo was on a 4 fight win streak, including Myles Jury. I mean, Myles washed out of the UFC, but it's basically the best they can do. I don't think it sinks Chandler, but it's enough to keep the name afloat.

Chandler is a bit overrated in terms of being a top tier fighter. Look at this record, his best win is Eddie Alvarez who he split a 1-1 record with. He also got beat by Brooks and Fierre pretty handidly. At best, based off what I’ve seen from him, he’s an overvalued top 15 LW
Chandler's losses are weird cuz they almost all have rematches. He finished Eddie the first time, and most people think the second was a robbery, so it's a 1-1 that should probably be 2-0. Primus, Chandler lost the first via freak injury, but dominated the rematch, so it's a 1-1, but Chandler's win was more decisive. Brooks, he went 0-2, but no one thinks Brooks should have won that decision. However, Brooks did finish him in the rematch, so even if the 0-2 should be 1-1, the more decisive one still tilts the rivalry to Brooks. Then there's just getting dicked on by Pitbull. So that's sort of the spectrum of his performance against the opponents he lost to.

I think a great starting point / measuring stick for his UFC entrance is Carlos Diego Ferreira. Top 10 guy on a six fight win streak, capped off with Khabilov, Taisumov, and Pettis.

I'm sure they care to certain extent, but I don't think it'll matter all too much to be honest. Gaethje was the undefeated PFL champion. Wasn't pettis a champion in an other org as well?I think they like ready guys like we don't have to build you up, come here and be ready to fight. Its a win for them. If the bellator guys came and dominated, see bellator doens't know how to build fighters. That's why the best come here. If they lose, well we have the best and make sure we have the deepest talent pool.

They can spin it anyway. No matter what the result is.

UFC bought out WEC so it was a win for them. Same with Pride after the buy out, but not before that. UFC vs Pride was a real rivalry before the buy out. UFC even brought Chuck Liddel over to compete and represent UFC at a Pride event. Another example is Askren to UFC from OneFC.

They always throw fighters from another promotion straight into the shark tank for this very reason. Other Bellator transfers didn't do well, and one of them has a win over Chandler.

Gaethje had to adjust to the competition in UFC after his tough first fight. That's why he ended up adjusting his fighting style to what he uses now.

Last edited:
I mean the ufc is probably a better judge of his value then random sherdoggers. And obvs I'm referring to the angry tone some doggers seem to have over the issue with other doggers. Like we did this to them or something lolz
Again, deserve =/= value. You're making two different arguments. I'm sure some Sherdoggers don't understand the value argument (this is Sherdog, competition for the lowest bar for IQ across any forum), but even then it doesn't invalidate the deserve argument.

Again, deserve =/= value. You're making two different arguments. I'm sure some Sherdoggers don't understand the value argument (this is Sherdog, competition for the lowest bar for IQ across any forum), but even then it doesn't invalidate the deserve argument.
From a business perspective if you can get your employer to pay you X amount of money based on perceived value then yes, that is demonstrably what you deserve. Most successful businesses aren't in the habit of overpaying people. In mma a certain level of pay usually comes with higher level matchups.

how is chandler vs ferguson not a big money fight

Eh, I don't think he has heat like that. I think for the most part, I'm in the vocal minority in people that want to see this dude gets his ass kicked. I don't think people care to see chandler challenge for the title and or/possibly win the title. If he wins the title, he's not a draw. Just my opinion. He's not going to become the star. Its kinda hard to become the star even if he beats conor or khabib.

I think as long he's champion and gets ppv points, he probably wouldn't give a fuck.

Ok. So why are there 5 fighters, largely in the top 10 calling him out? He's created a buzz around his UFC signing and fighters wan to challenge him. The UFC has signed top fighters from other organizations in the past, but there hasn't been call outs like this from other top fighters.

My point is that he's done a good job in the media having fighters want to fight him, that can't be denied. That in turn creates hype by fans to see him fight. Whether it's to get his ass kicked or not, people want to see it. We're not talking about him being a star or draw yet.

Well the opinion on him is he has lost before and nobody he fought is any good because of the banner the fight happened under.

If fights happen the only way you can evaluate if someone is good at fighting is the promotion they fight under and they tell you he’s good.

Ok. So why are there 5 fighters, largely in the top 10 calling him out? He's created a buzz around his UFC signing and fighters wan to challenge him. The UFC has signed top fighters from other organizations in the past, but there hasn't been call outs like this from other top fighters.

My point is that he's done a good job in the media having fighters want to fight him, that can't be denied. That in turn creates hype by fans to see him fight. Whether it's to get his ass kicked or not, people want to see it. We're not talking about him being a star or draw yet.
The fighters respect his skill and fighting style

that doesnt mean i have to like it. dude is skipping the line and doesnt deserve ferguson.

if this was still fertitta UFC he wouldnt get that fight

Same people saying Chandler deserves a big fight are also saying Khamzat doesn't.

Funny how that works

Back