Rewatch You guys remember Kenny Florini?

Kenny Florini? Did he fight around the same time as Ryoto Machida and Michael Cro Cop?

Lyoto called himself ryoto before he called himself dragon, if I'm not mistaken. So, ryoto is less of a mistaken name than the others.

Lyoto called himself ryoto before he called himself dragon, if I'm not mistaken. So, ryoto is less of a mistaken name than the others.

I'm not responding to all of the people who don't get the joke - if you didn't live through those memes then they'll be meaningless to you, but if you get it then you get a fun chuckle - but with your join date, you should be one of the ones who gets that joke. I wasn't saying that Machida's name was wrong.* Calling back to the weekly thread that'd be posted back in the day with people discovering this undefeated nobody with the weird name - hence "Who is Ryoto Machida?" - the joke is "Who is Kenny Florini?"

*In Japanese, there's no differentiation between the letters "L" and "R," so it's not that Machida called himself "Ryoto" as a nickname that was dropped because he liked "Dragon" better. Ryoto means "dragon," and with the L/R thing, his name is Ryoto. That was the fun back in the day: Not only did nobody know who the fuck this dude was, they couldn't even get his names straight as he was randomly beating literally everyone he fought, from K-1 stars to UFC champs.

Do you remember Big Nig XD XD. Don´t ban me mods, someone legit made a thread and didn´t know to say Big Nog for Minotauro Noguiera. I apologize guys in advance.
I still regularly use big nig. More for friends than for Big Nog though. That was hilarious

Do you remember Big Nig XD XD. Don´t ban me mods, someone legit made a thread and didn´t know to say Big Nog for Minotauro Noguiera. I apologize guys in advance.
Why would they ban you? Nothing you said was bannable or even close to it.

I recall him saying he cut from 180 ... that's crazy.

I'm not responding to all of the people who don't get the joke - if you didn't live through those memes then they'll be meaningless to you, but if you get it then you get a fun chuckle - but with your join date, you should be one of the ones who gets that joke. I wasn't saying that Machida's name was wrong.* Calling back to the weekly thread that'd be posted back in the day with people discovering this undefeated nobody with the weird name - hence "Who is Ryoto Machida?" - the joke is "Who is Kenny Florini?"

*In Japanese, there's no differentiation between the letters "L" and "R," so it's not that Machida called himself "Ryoto" as a nickname that was dropped because he liked "Dragon" better. Ryoto means "dragon," and with the L/R thing, his name is Ryoto. That was the fun back in the day: Not only did nobody know who the fuck this dude was, they couldn't even get his names straight as he was randomly beating literally everyone he fought, from K-1 stars to UFC champs.

But thats a totally different "joke" than the ways people erroneously called cro cop Michael and so on.

Ill admit to not knowing the Japanese word for dragon, but still Lyoto being in on the joke makes it different, in a thread that's about posters misunderstanding fighters' names.

Aaaanywho, this is already beyond my desire to discuss this. Happy holidays

I remember the constant talking point of him having super sharp elbows lol and him having a supermodel GF. There's a pointy elbow joke looming here

las-vegas-nv-former-mixed-martial-artist-kenny-florian-and-his-fiancee-model-clark-gilmer.jpg

Excellent fighter that unfortunately had to run into BJ Penn on his run.

One of his most impressive victories was demolishing Guida back when it meant something. People didn’t disregard a prime Guida like that typically.

I would like to have seen him rematch Sanchez at 155, but that never materialized. I think Sanchez dodged a bullet and got to walk away with a W over a green Florian.

Also, obligatory “HE FINISHED FIGHTS!”.

I actually think he looks really good there.
I don’t think you understand what “rail skinny and bone dry” means. That cut is par for the course.

View attachment 1020737View attachment 1020738

View attachment 1020739View attachment 1020742View attachment 1020741View attachment 1020743

Kenny is 100% a 145’er by todays standards.

I didn’t even put in photos of Poirier or Zombie who are of similar height at 145

You are literally reinforcing what I wrote.

Connor was among the most extreme weight cutting featherweights of his generation. Zabit is famously enormous for the division.

Kenny had a substantial weight cut to 145lbs, by his own accord (and using your eyeballs and knowledge of weight cutting substantiates what he said) and he - like I said - had a tough cut to featherweight and it took a lot out of him.

He would probably land somewhere around the top 15% for frame size in the division today. Yes, that means the upper most extreme weight cutters would still be his size or larger.

Reactions: mkt
But thats a totally different "joke" than the ways people erroneously called cro cop Michael and so on.

Ill admit to not knowing the Japanese word for dragon, but still Lyoto being in on the joke makes it different, in a thread that's about posters misunderstanding fighters' names.

Aaaanywho, this is already beyond my desire to discuss this. Happy holidays
Michael CroCop was a famously hilarious thread
He was Mirko's evil brother
Possibly one of my favorite threads ever.... I wish I could remember who posted it cause he did a few similar threads like that (I wanna say it was Donny but I think I'm confusing myself due to my horrible memory)

Cause I remember him, done for plagiarism

All jokes aside, he was a good fighter and did very well on TUF despite never being the size of a MW

I like him. He’s interesting to listen to. Seems like a good egg.

Kenflo is a legend from the golden era. Fun fighter to watch.

Got to give him props when he took care of drunk Diego on TUF when everyone was just taking the piss. He is a genuinely good guy and I really like him when he is doing commentary.

Him and Jon Anik made a great team on ESPN back in the day.

"One small step for man. One giant leap for mankind" - Kenny Florian

The plagiarism story which turned into a meme was one of the funniest things on sherdog at the time.

Love Kenny. Still see him on Battle Bots. He's in my top five faves.

Yeah, I still remember Kenny and even his annoying brother's voice every time he fought.

"KENNY!!! KENNY!!! KENNY!!!"

"YOU HAVE TO BELIEVE IN GOD, KENNY! YOU HAVE TO TRUST IN GOD!"

That was some of the craziest cornering in the title fight vs. Sherk I've ever heard.

Back