You fastest 1 mile time

7:27 during half marathon training....

Running downhill.

~6 minutes.

have also done 3 miles in 18 minutes.

used to run quite a bit.. 6+ miles a day, 5-7 days a week.

but that was years ago and now my knees sound like they’re made of frosted flakes and my body is all banged up.

<Fedor23>

5:48 Was my fasted 1 mile when I was in the Marines. I was running 4.2 miles in in 28 minutes when I was stationed on Camp Baharia.

7:23 was my best recorded mile.

Shit, now I could probably hit 20 minutes if I tried really hard.

I did a 1500m in 5:15 in the 7th grade. I think that was on pace for a 6 minute mile. Need to do the math

Low 6s in hs.
Getting 35 to 60 miles as of late, primary residence is in area made for biking & jogging. Trails abound.
This week capped it at 61 miles.
2-A56-FB58-D4-B1-4-F99-87-B9-DF0-DCDD4533-B.jpg

Been great weather as of late, not hot as balls and less humid. Plus cooler out here than in the city. Hate fucking running in the city.

If I’m at condo gym, it’s indoor cardio which is boring, unless watching a game/fight while on elliptical/AMT.

Averaging about 740 ish per mile.
Not bad for a soon to be 43 year old.

Last edited:
5:34, no sh!t.

I'm a near life-long mid distance runner (3-6 miles), and believe it or not, my 1-mile time is horrifically slow in competition. Bad enough that there was no reason to ever even think about training it.

I'm not really any faster for my chosen range, but it burns some of the Vodka calories off. Gotta do what I gotta do.

When I was in good shape, I could do a mile-and-a-half in 10 flat and a 5K in around 25.

I've never timed myself just on a mile flat.

I can do 5k in 21 mins though.

I reckon I'd maybe do 6:30 for a flat mile.

Those of you claiming 5 minutes are elite tier and would be top 5 at my weekly park run which gets 500 entrants if you can keep that sort of pace for a 5k.

6:49, i was very proud of it as I'm not a runner, carry around too much fat. Boxers run but they don't measure anything by it, Joe Frazier said even 11 minute miles were ok, Angelo Dundee said "I don't care if you crawl it, jog it, just do it" It's the best supplemental exercise for boxers but it's not that important how hard you do it.

I'm sure if i were 40 pounds lighter and leaner, I could have done a much better time, but, i was heavier than I used to be and was 39. i probably couldn't even do half that right now.

~6 minutes.

have also done 3 miles in 18 minutes.

used to run quite a bit.. 6+ miles a day, 5-7 days a week.

but that was years ago and now my knees sound like they’re made of frosted flakes and my body is all banged up.

<Fedor23>

How long ago did you knees start hurting? I'm getting older but luckily have never had knee, ankle or shin issues. I'm sure you considered this but maybe switch up shoes. I had slight shin pain, not splints, and switched to a more flexible running shoe, which really helped. If you are still interested in running I'd hit up a running store and get your arch measured. The only cardio I like is running so I really hope I never have to give it up

7:23 was my best recorded mile.

Shit, now I could probably hit 20 minutes if I tried really hard.

Haha 7 is really good. My average 3 mile was is usually around 840. I could do that for 7 miles but only run a 730 1 mile right now. You would think it would be faster. I just think it's genetics for me. I'm not a 1 mile guy. But I don't compete in anything so I don't care much

5:34, no sh!t.

I'm a near life-long mid distance runner (3-6 miles), and believe it or not, my 1-mile time is horrifically slow in competition. Bad enough that there was no reason to ever even think about training it.

I'm not really any faster for my chosen range, but it burns some of the Vodka calories off. Gotta do what I gotta do.

Have you always been able to run that fast? Do you have to run consistent fir a long time to get to 5:34? That's crazy. That would be almost sprinting a mile for me. Even at 658 I was completely dead.

6:49, i was very proud of it as I'm not a runner, carry around too much fat. Boxers run but they don't measure anything by it, Joe Frazier said even 11 minute miles were ok, Angelo Dundee said "I don't care if you crawl it, jog it, just do it" It's the best supplemental exercise for boxers but it's not that important how hard you do it.

I'm sure if i were 40 pounds lighter and leaner, I could have done a much better time, but, i was heavier than I used to be and was 39. i probably couldn't even do half that right now.

I think for every 10 pounds you lose your mile decreases by 30 seconds or something similar. I'm hoping to lost 20 pounds so we'll see if that's true haha.

5:00 flat, but it was on a treadmill so l I don't know if that counts since I wasn't pacing myself.

Damn. That's prob around a 6:15 mile or so. What was it on a treadmill, 8.5 speed? That's super fast.

I can run really fast, but not far. My top speed is similar at 42 ads it was at 22 it's pretty weird.

As for a mile, maybe 25 minutes.

I hope I can maintain the same pace at 42. Most people get significantly slower.

In college I was a pretty good runner. 10k/day. On a weekend I might do 10-12 miles. Pretty exhausting for me. My runs were at a 7 min pace. My fastest ever mile was 6. I wasn’t a miler though. A 5 min mile seemed impossible to me. I wanted to be great, but I settled for good.

You ran 10 miles at a 7 minute pace??

I don’t remember exactly, but it was right around 6 minutes in sixth grade. Then I started smoking In seventh grade

Haha I'm not shitting you but one of our best distance guys in high school smoked cigarettes and weed. He was a bit of a simpleton but damn was he a naturally good runner.

5:58 in the eighth grade. Ran 1 1/2 mile at 9:37 at my academy...

Sub 6 is great. My goal was low 6s but I don't think it is in my cards. I was happy just to get 2 seconds under 7 minutes haha.

6:30 when I was in the Army and running every day over in Korea.

I wasn't even timing myself, it was just the first half of a 2-mile run which I completed in 13:45.

I could never break 6 minutes, but I was actually able to maintain a near 6 minute pace for a 5k. I was ridiculously focused on conditioning at the time and also working on my 100 burpee time. I think the burpees really helped me maintain a near sprint pace for a long time.

6:30 as a non runner. I have a hard time breaking 7:45 currently.

Back