'You either retire a GSP or Khabib, or compete long enough to become a Tony Ferguson.'

Anyone who believes that needs to rewatch the Tibau fight.

Very questionable decision by the judges, and I say that as a Khabib fan.
I think the end result was fine. Not a lot happened to sway the scoring. Khabib landed what I recall to be the biggest shots in the rounds and had way more control. Fight sucked regardless of how you score it

Reactions: HHJ
His career after that is irrelevant, nothing more that whataboutism. The truth of the matter is GSP arguably lost that fight and then people put him on pedestal for beating one eyed bisping, as if he slayed thanos with the infinity gauntlet...ohhh please. Its ironic that GSP had NO INTENTION of defending his title (fair enough0 but his cheerleaders then bitch and whine about khabib leaving prematurely.

Your salt is delicious....

Im enjoying it ...

Please tell me more about how 2 time welterweight champion and 1 time MW champion George St.Pierre is overated and that his legacy is somehow less then Khabib who the majority of his career was spent smashing non wiki page Russians before coming to the UFC and wining his belt against who again oh yea....NUMBER 14 RANKED AL FUCKIN IQUINTA ...lets not forget GSP was champion at 25 ... What was Khabib doing at 25 again? ... Ill wait ..

Your salt is delicious....

Im enjoying it ...

Please tell me more about how 2 time welterweight champion and 1 time MW champion George St.Pierre is overated and that his legacy is somehow less then Khabib who the majority of his career was spent smashing non wiki page Russians before coming to the UFC and wining his belt against who again oh yea....NUMBER 14 RANKED AL FUCKIN IQUINTA ...lets not forget GSP was champion at 25 ... What was Khabib doing at 25 again? ... Ill wait ..
Oh you're one of those guys that attributes stuff to others in a desperate attempt to claim some kind of victory... like it or not GSP cherrypicked a bisping that was a paper champ lol. He by his own admission was 'clinically blind and lied his way through eyesight tests...often by memorising the chart ....I'm not here to cheerlead for khabib...but if u cry about khabib running off but not gsp then u a hypocrite.
Bisping was so fucked that he could have claimed disability benefits in uk 😆

But hey if you want to go on about how beating up a legally blind guy is a great win the. Go for it....

I think the end result was fine. Not a lot happened to sway the scoring. Khabib landed what I recall to be the biggest shots in the rounds and had way more control. Fight sucked regardless of how you score it

Check out my detailed breakdown of the fight a few posts later.

Oh you're one of those guys that attributes stuff to others in a desperate attempt to claim some kind of victory... like it or not GSP cherrypicked a bisping that was a paper champ lol. He by his own admission was 'clinically blind and lied his way through eyesight tests...often by memorising the chart ....I'm not here to cheerlead for khabib...but if u cry about khabib running off but not gsp then u a hypocrite.
Bisping was so fucked that he could have claimed disability benefits in uk 😆

But hey if you want to go on about how beating up a legally blind guy is a great win the. Go for it....

Lol like i said before ...such tasty salty posts...keep em coming..

Your absolutely being disingenuous if think for even a second GSP career isnt levels above Khabibs lol ...Khabibs not even the best LW of all time...he left before claiming that...hes tied with other champion's who made it to 3 title defenses at LW ... He did nothing to separate himself from those other champion's had he won one more fight he would be above them all .. but fact is he left...

Your not cheerleading for Khabib then wtf r u or we even talking about here? Do you know how many champions have tried to " hand pick" there chance at other division titles or victories and failed ..

Tj vs cejudo ..

Rockhold going to 205

Weidman going to 205

Cejudo going to 125 ( he never beat mighty mouse)

If beating Bisping was so easy how come Anderson couldn't?...how come Rockhold couldn't? ...

Face it ... GSP is at or near the top of the lists when your talking about overall MMA legacy while.khabib is somewhere towards the bottom of that same list ...thats just facts...

Hell BJ PENN has a better MMA legacy then Khabib ... And he ended his career on a losing streak ... Let that sink in

One thing to consider is Tony had something wrong with him when he was on TUF at 26 years old.

Your absolutely being disingenuous if think for even a second GSP career isnt levels above Khabibs lol ...Khabibs not even the best LW of all time...he left before claiming that...hes tied with other champion's who made it to 3 title defenses at LW ... He did nothing to separate himself from those other champion's had he won one more fight he would be above them all .. but fact is he left...

Your not cheerleading for Khabib then wtf r u or we even talking about here? Do you know how many champions have tried to " hand pick" there chance at other division titles or victories and failed ..

Tj vs cejudo ..

Rockhold going to 205

Weidman going to 205

If beating Bisping was so easy how come Anderson couldn't?...how come Rockhold couldn't? ...

Face it ... GSP is at or near the top of the lists when your talking about overall MMA legacy while.khabib is somewhere towards the bottom of that same list ...thats just facts...

Hell BJ PENN has a better MMA legacy then Khabib ... And he ended his career on a losing streak ... Let that sink in
I'm not here to cheerlead for khabib...im merely pointing out that gsp beat a one eyed guy that qualifies as disabled in his home country. 🤣
Lol your 'salty' argument would gold alot more water if you didn't type an entire convoluted word salad oozing rage.

get this through your head I never made any arguments for Khabib either way here . U keep bringing him up not me lol.

Again...just to drill it in your head.. bisping was blind in one eye when he fought gsp, and at the :eek::eek::eek: end of his career.. so gsp didn't even fight the mildly competitive version...

Khabib could have the shittest legacy ever. I don't care ..that don't change George's wanton opportunism.

Arlovski, for some reason, is an interesting and unique situation.

For some reason Dana keeps him around, paying him BIG show-up money to be a gatekeeper of the Top12 of the weakest division of the mens divisions. His performances haven't even been impressive for the last 8-9 years, he has his share of wins & losses, and those who beat him don't necessarily get a big boost in their momentum.

I remember 12 years ago we were saying 'He needs to retire.' Thankfully he didn't listen.

He's the only MMA fighter left that fought in the 90s, 2000s, 2010s, and almost halfway through the 2020s.
I remember when the KOs loses started for Aelovski. He seemed to completely fall apart after that.

Saw a video of GSP recently he was doing some track work out. Dude looked in great shape.

I feel you become Charles ‘Krazy Horse’ Bennett not a Tony Ferguson.

Its been even longer and GSP threads are still coming ..so what's your point? ..

Khabibs career is not on par with GSP...not even close
Not close at all. And it's sort of hilarious seeing khabib fans say well he came to the UFC too late because he was busy crushing cans.

Tony got screwed by a camera cable. it sucks, but that pretty much changed his entire career.

Tony was always going to get figured out as soon as his opponents figured out that they needed to stop giving him a chance to scramble and just him at the end of their punches/kicks.

I've said probably over a hundred times on this forum that I sure as h-ll didn't think that Justin 'lead with my face' Gaethje would be the one to do it.

Bull shit....

At the end of the day, warriors pick their own path ...if everyone did the same thing we wouldn't have certain moments .. i applaud all fighters regardless of how their careers end up solely for the fact they got in and competed how they wanted to and for how long they wanted to..

non fighters have no right to judge these guys ....they can't comprehend what it means to do what these guys do ...

That last line is just a silly thing to say. Can we judge presidents if we've never been one? What about murderers? Does this only apply to fighters?

That last line is just a silly thing to say. Can we judge presidents if we've never been one? What about murderers? Does this only apply to fighters?
In reality how well can an average person judge those that u mentioned...

Majority of people have no idea what it takes to rule a country or commit murder... however if you asked members of those groups to judge or assess others in that group they'd likely be spot on ... That's why when a former president backs a certain candidate it means something vs the average voter

Just saying..

Ofcourse anyone can judge anyone...but they can be wrong too

We are beginning to see guys we rooted for approach 60 and 70. Time will tell how much damage they took effects their old age.

Tj vs cejudo ..

Rockhold going to 205

Weidman going to 205

I agree with you pretty much. BUT khabib has definetely attracted a lot more mainstream attention to the scene than penn or GSP so in those regards he has a greater "legacy". its like comparing mike tyson to like Sugar Ray Leonard or Robert Duran. The latter two are unquestionably superior p4p but tyson left a greater mark on the field of boxing than those 2 by bringing the pop culture crowd into it.

Back