You can only eat a single cuisine the rest of your life...

Back to the question -

If I had to pick one cuisine it'd be (I might have said something different before):

Japanese - They already steal a lot of other cuisine and change it up to make something different so I'd lean on Japanese.

Honorable Mentions -
Mediterranean - Influenced by Europe, Middle East and African cuisine. It's a healthy and great blend of the regions.

Chinese - Huge country, tons of different cuisine there from the different regions. I'd be happy eating Chinese for the rest of my life too.

French - Love French. Wouldn't mind eating French too much either if that's the only cuisine to choose from.

Last edited:
Pizza. Sometimes I think about quitting my job and taking a huge paycut just so I can work at a pizza place again. Back in the day I'd eat it every day I worked and on my days off. I'm allergic to the cheese too, but that didn't stop me. So versatile and so good.
Why not open a pizza joint? I am allegic to cheese too but I buy costco lactose pills though if I need to indulge and act normal with guests. No problem

We can count american. Name some dishes.

Steak, burgers, cheesesteak, casserole, cold cuts?

Burgers and ot dogs for sure. Steaks are in many different, it depends on how you cook them I guess. Same with cold cuts.

Italian is the easy ansser: pizza, pastas, risitto, braised meats, cheeses, wines, espresso based drinks

Just too much variety and awesomeness.

French, Thai, ad Mexican all deserve mention but just can't compete.

Mediterranean (Italian or Greek) or Middle Eastern for me. Nutritious and delicious

English.

English Breakfast in the morning, Roast Dinner in the afternoon and if I feel peckish, I'd just have a sausage roll, pork pie, pasty, sandwich or a scone.

We have really good cakes and other sweet stuff too, plus mature cheddar is the best cheese.

Only problem with English food (aside from the chippy, which is tasty to me but unhealthy as hell) is that we are boring with our veg.

What would you choose?

I'm fairly certain I'd settle for Korean. They have such variety. Meat, Fish, Veggies. The textures. Sweet, salty, spicy! Grilled, steamed, raw. The sky is the limit!
Good choice. I'd prob go with Japanese.

Why not open a pizza joint? I am allegic to cheese too but I buy costco lactose pills though if I need to indulge and act normal with guests. No problem
That's a good idea, but would require someone responsible and unafraid of taking risks. And I'm actually allergic to the dairy itself, so I guess the lactose is fine, not sure how that works.

All these are excellent diskes

@johnnybeebob

Bolded are best paired together (as in you order both and eat it with rice). it's a lot of food so usually do it with someone else (date, friends, family). It's basically an enhanced version of eating something sweet (the claypot fish) and sour (soup).

banh xep is an awesome starter dish. Hell my family eats it as a final dish.

Also try Banh Mi Bo Kho - Curry beef with bread. Fuckin' delicious.

my mother in law makes something she calls paté chaud. It looks an awful lot like banh xep. Do you know if there’s a difference between the two? Different pastry crust maybe?

thai food for sure. flavorful and healthy.

my mother in law makes something she calls paté chaud. It looks an awful lot like banh xep. Do you know if there’s a difference between the two? Different pastry crust maybe?

Close but not the same.

I believe the Pate Chaud is a bit sweeter and it is eaten as a pastry without dipping into any sauce. Pate Chaud only has meat inside (at least the ones I eat). Banh xep is more closer to a fried dumpling so not as fluffy and has some veggies and you dip it in a sauce. I've never made Pate Chaud but I would imagine they use something closer to puff pastry sheets as dough.

Mexican. Just the infinite varieties of tacos you can have is enough to never get bored. And there are tons of other great dishes of all kinds and for all tastes, not only spicy food.

Back