You can only eat a single cuisine the rest of your life...

I find it a bit rich, I'm good with it as a small plate. Too buttery a a whole steak though, I wouldn't be able to finish it I don't think.
Wednesday? ;)
This is actually why I like the American Waygu that’s crossed with angus a little better actually.

it’s not quite as buttery and you can eat more of it and enjoy it more IMO.

I can get it around 40.00 a lb at a local butcher here that’s great.

I’ve got a couple good ribeyes I need to eat in the next day or so.

And no Wednesday’s steak night deal is run of the mill ribeyes but it’s a lot of food on a grill for ten bucks.

You cant just allow it like that, the rules dont work like that. If we start breaking rules what kind of savages are we?

brah, you’re stuck with one cuisine for the rest of your life. Are you really unwilling to be a little flexible?

We go way back though. say the word, and I’ll blow it all up.

“pick 50 pages from a single cookbook, and that’s what you’ll eat the rest of your life.”

Mexican food , by far. Pizza and cheeseburgers would be the only things I miss.

Yeah moving sucks. Done it far too frquently and it's one of the most stressful things ever. Only time we haven't had any breakages is moving from Amsterdam to Virginia. The other ones have been disastrous.
Well it'll be a relief next spring. Good luck with all your furniture. Not putting you off, I think I've just made poor choices because we've had husband's companies give us a relocation budgets when we move. Not doing it on the cheap again.
I’ve moved about 12 times in the last 30 years, but the military handles everything. Still a pain though.

I’m so confused. I thought you were a Brit. But you live (or lived?) near Eden? That’s my neck of the woods...

Thai in the US is getting like Chinese take out - sloppy and heavy. Can of coconut milk and a
bag of peanuts doesn’t do the real food justice.

VA in the house!

I’ve moved about 12 times in the last 30 years, but the military handles everything. Still a pain though.
Not a game of who moved the most but I've got you well beat there, and I grew up in the British Army so I know that deal too. Aside from having to leave my friends which I hated, my parents and the military dealt with everything. And now apart from really precious items which either come in the car or in a suitcase on a plane we get the movers to pack everything even down to plates out of cupboards etc but I still flippin hate it.
Hopefully only two more moves. Good luck with all yours :)

?

You realize you just posted an article that reinforces what I said. Wagyu has a grading system, 1-5. The article even referenced the Kobe beef I mentioned.

Again, don't pay 10x for Wagyu that is a low grade.
No I didn’t, you are crawfishing now after reading the article I posted.

you said waygu referred To Japanese beef in general. While there are several beef types in the waygu genre, not all beef from Japan is waygu.

You either didn’t understand before or poorly wrote what you were trying to convey.

And by your response I’m thinking you still don’t fully understand.

All beef has grading systems , That has little to do with what you posted.

I would further say that your advice is generally correct, understand the meat you are buying before putting money down.

I mean even Walmart is trying to pass off waygu now.

fc854a2d-3393-48f4-9cf5-3751f711ad74_1.2b142842310edf78d6e15d5ac0384054.jpeg

https://www.google.com/shopping/pro...5,local:1,prmr:2,pid:9150678526455437925,cs:1

And while we are on the subject, reading the Walmart description why the fuck is Walmart Waygu steak EBT eligible??

Not a game of who moved the most but I've got you well beat there, and I grew up in the British Army so I know that deal too. Aside from having to leave my friends which I hated, my parents and the military dealt with everything. And now apart from really precious items which either come in the car or in a suitcase on a plane we get the movers to pack everything even down to plates out of cupboards etc but I still flippin hate it.
Hopefully only two more moves. Good luck with all yours :)
Thanks! You too

True - I forget this. We’re spoiled for choice in my area, which has a big Viet population.
What’s funny is there is also where I live, but somehow as Vietnamese became trendy, all of these basically 3-4 item restaurants started popping up lol. Probably have dual menus at a lot of them.

One of my proudest moments, the first Thai dish we had there is a spicy chicken dish with Thai basil...and husband said it was exactly the same as mine. It's a really simple thing to cook, it only takes 20 minutes for me to cook it but I was really chuffed with that.
Pad Krapao? Been craving a good plate of that forever and haven't found a good place stateside for it. Wanna try making my own but I've been lazy lately

Pad Krapao? Been craving a good plate of that forever and haven't found a good place stateside for it. Wanna try making my own but I've been lazy lately
So easy. My recipe? As many Thai chillies as you want chopped in half lengthways. A chicken breast sliced in strips, half an onion in half moons chopped up, half a bell pepper chopped into strips, all stir fried quick and hot (I use sesame oil sometimes because I love it but not traditional) but saute it all together till the chicken is sealed and not going to boil. Then add 2 tablespoons of oyster sauce, two tablespoons of dark soy sauce, a tablespoon of fish sauce, a bit of water to make it more saucy and half a teaspoon of sugar.

And a handful of Thai basil at the end.

Easiest thing to cook other than popping something in the oven. When do you want me over?

Carne Asada (skirt steak), Carribean Lobster, Asparagus, gnocchi and corn tortillas.

So easy. My recipe? As many Thai chillies as you want chopped in half lengthways. A chicken breast sliced in strips, half an onion in half moons chopped up, half a bell pepper chopped into strips, all stir fried quick and hot (I use sesame oil sometimes because I love it but not traditional) but saute it all together till the chicken is sealed and not going to boil. Then add 2 tablespoons of oyster sauce, two tablespoons of dark soy sauce, a tablespoon of fish sauce, a bit of water to make it more saucy and half a teaspoon of sugar.

Easiest thing to cook other than popping something in the oven. When do you want me over?
That sounds delightfully simple, and that it appears to stack up to the real deal makes it tempting to try out next time I run out to the grocer to pick up oyster sauce.

Yuck American chicken cooked by an Englishwoman

That sounds delightfully simple, and that it appears to stack up to the real deal makes it tempting to try out next time I run out to the grocer to pick up oyster sauce.
Pro tip: chillies, kaffir lime leaves and Thai basil freeze fine as well so if you buy a big batch they don't go to waste.
Yuck American chicken cooked by an Englishwoman
You bugger off, you know I'm fucking awesome in the kitchen.

Back