Yoel Romero back at UFC MW rankings at #14

He deserves it for being a chicken shit not getting off of the stool to answer the bell.
tim-kennedy-moustache.png

Yeah, Nate got a pretty nice bump up to the top 5 at LW right when they announced that he was RDA's replacement. The UFC seems to like adjusting the rankings to fit their matchmaking more than making matches based on existing rankings. 7-0 in the UFC with 4 top 10 wins? Yeah, let's throw him in the rankings at #14. Please UFC, find me 13 MWs who are better than Yoel
Somehow Siver made it into the top 10 before fighting Connor

Don't worry guys, he'll get his title shot after he continues winning and passing all his drug tests......

Right? Right???

So basically he's only 1 or 2 spots away from a title shot. Nice.

So your reward for beating the number one contender is a drop of 12-13 places in rankings. Meanwhile the number one contender wins his guy and is rewarded with nothing. Number 15 is given titleshot.

UFC Logic.

So your reward for beating the number one contender is a drop of 12-13 places in rankings. Meanwhile the number one contender wins his guy and is rewarded with nothing. Number 15 is given titleshot.

UFC Logic.
he got suspended for 6 months for a failed drug test.

it's probably considered PR, damage limitation.

he got suspended for 6 months for a failed drug test.

it's probably considered PR, damage limitation.
No, his sentence was reduced to 6 months because it was a proven case of contamination.

No, his sentence was reduced to 6 months because it was a proven case of contamination.
still failed a drugs test, or there wouldn't be a suspension at all.

I wanna see him back too, and I doubt he's gonna be facing anyone outside the top 10 when he returns.

still failed a drugs test, or there wouldn't be a suspension at all.

I wanna see him back too, and I doubt he's gonna be facing anyone outside the top 10 when he returns.
Yes, because even if it is inadvertent and there is no intent you get suspended. It was reduced from 2 years to 6 months because it was a proven case of a supplement that was tainted with substances not on the label.

Rankings don't mean much these days, it's all about "putting asses in the seat"...

Back