Yep, another curry thread

Tastes good but man the shits afterwards are worse than cheap beer.

Just use some Curry, Kurkuma, cumin, hot paprika spice, ingwer, garlic, salt, pepper and coconut-milk. If you have all those bought it takes like 20 mins, rice etc included to make a decent curry.
Don't forget corriander, the GOAT herb!

It isn't too much hassle! After leaving Indian heaven in the UK I had to learn it myself. I make curry at least twice a month. It's a labour of love. I sometimes cook it the day before we want to eat it, it improves overnight.

You are such a girl. Not kidding, full serious, your secrets not safe with me Batman.

Where are the two mothers from? I'm always interested in different curry styles
My mother is from Pakistan, but we are of Goan descent. So her style is a mix of a few places. Goan style, Punjabi style and my dads mom is from south India and she lived with us and taught my mom some cooking. My mother in-law is from delhi, so her style is North Indian Punjabi. It’s a big mix. Haha

My mother is from Pakistan, but we are of Goan descent. So her style is a mix of a few places. Goan style, Punjabi style and my dads mom is from south India and she lived with us and taught my mom some cooking. My mother in-law is from delhi, so her style is North Indian Punjabi. It’s a big mix. Haha
Wow that's some awesome culinary knowledge right there man.

I follow a Punjabi chick's book as my curry bible

Wow that's some awesome culinary knowledge right there man.

I follow a Punjabi chick's book as my curry bible
Indian food so diverse from north to south. East to west. I guess many cuisines are. But it’s good to have a couple tricks up your sleeves. I love cooking all types of food.

Indian food so diverse from north to south. East to west. I guess many cuisines are. But it’s good to have a couple tricks up your sleeves. I love cooking all types of food.
I learned today that the curry we know as Madras here in the western world didn't come from and wouldnt be found anywhere in Madras at all

It's actually very easy if you just buy the paste in a can.

Goan food is incredible. Nothing beats a good pork vindaloo, imo.

That’s one amazing side of india. You can drive a few hours and be in a completely different sub culture, with different cuisine and also a different dialect. Villages 100 kms apart may may have such different languages that they can’t understand each other.

That’s one amazing side of india. You can drive a few hours and be in a completely different sub culture, with different cuisine and also a different dialect. Villages 100 kms apart may may have such different languages that they can’t understand each other.
Yeah. I think another thing that helped was my grandfather worked on the railway, so my moms family was always on the move. She picked up a bunch of different languages as she moved between different cities and stayed there for a few years. I am sure that had an impact on the style of cooking she learned.

I have a lovely Lamb Rogan Josh to dig in to once fights are complete.

I had some Indian food the other day.

some fish pakora, tomato & cheese nan, & a chicken with spinach dish.

So tonight I ordered a Royal Jupari Beef from the chef speciality menu. Only they ran out of beef. So same dish only with lamb instead. I personally requested they turned teh heat up, even though this dish is rated as a "fairly hot dish" anyway.

I also paid for mushroom rice. I did.

Back