Yep, another curry thread

JabToucher

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
So I love curry but fuck me making your own looks like too much hassle!

I have just gotten in a load of Jelfrezie's and Madras's which are really decent quality compared to other microwave options.

Who teh hell even has these amounts of ingredients to hand!

And this is a very basic curry dish!

What teh hell is ghee!

My post.
Jabbo lost.
In his own thread.

LMFAO!

My post.
Jabbo lost.
In his own thread.

LMFAO!
tenor.gif

Had the Cup Noodle Curry and still have aftertaste 4 hrs later. Worried it's gonna make my teeth yellow.

It’s funny. As a kid I ate curry at least 5 times a week. I loved to go to my friends house to eat as they would have stuff like Shepard’s pie, meat loaf, It was awesome. And they wanted to come to my house to eat. I do most of the cooking now for my kids and I ask them what they want to eat, they say curry. I will make Meat loaf, mashed potatoes gravy one day and they are like, wtf is this? So weird. I guess they have more choice then I did. I cook a pretty good variety.

Just buy premade/mixed bags of spices and youre good to go. Slowcooker it and make some rice when its good and stewed. Not much hassle at all. Watching videos, now thats a hassle.

So I love curry but fuck me making your own looks like too much hassle!

I have just gotten in a load of Jelfrezie's and Madras's which are really decent quality compared to other microwave options.

Who teh hell even has these amounts of ingredients to hand!

And this is a very basic curry dish!

What teh hell is ghee!

Big fan of Babish. Lamb tikka masala is my favorite Indian curry. Outside of India, I like massaman curry and Japanese curry.

Just use some Curry, Kurkuma, cumin, hot paprika spice, ingwer, garlic, salt, pepper and coconut-milk. If you have all those bought it takes like 20 mins, rice etc included to make a decent curry.

Love curry. It’s not actually that hard to make, it’s like making stew with a few extra ingredients

I just got into making curries recently, & there are many recipes, but basically just quick-stir-fry your typical pre-ground curry spices on med/high in oil for like 30 seconds... stir in water, throw in some seafood or meat if you like.... & simmer down some veggies in the end till their cooked but still a little crispy, & you got a curry. Eazy. Greek yogurt is a nice addition to the sauce as well. Just stir it in to the final mix.

I also took some left over chili that I made & just added the curry spices to it, & it tasted just like a curry to me. Same thing with a Cajun shrimp Etoufee' I made... although that was good enough on it's own that I probably won't be "currying up" that recipe again. I had to try it at least once on a single bowl of leftoverz though. :p

If you really want a short cut... experiment with different all in one "curry seasoning" & when you find one you like... it just gets that much simpler to make a curry.

obviously, purist will need to get fresh herbs & spices & mortar & pestal them... & you can do that if you like, & the frying of those herbs & spices will vary in technique... but after that, then you just throw whatever teh fook you want in there & you got a nice curry.

Last edited:
Back