Opinion Yang joining CNN is a bad look

People obviously don't know much about Yang. He said many times that he is content with not winning the presidency as long as his ideas get implemented. He is all about UBI and as long as he stays relevant then he knows there is a good chance more people will hear about it.

I am going to start this with, I am no big Yang fan, but the dude has some real thoughts that don't follow establishment bullshit and I respect that. If the man sticks to his guns and smashes the CNN Establishment Democratic Party hacks, then good on him. If he falls in line, then this will turn him into just another hack.

If Yang uses this gig to keep talking about corruption in the media and DNC until they fire him the way MSNBC fired Krystal Ball for bashing Hillary.... Good move by Yang.

If he did this for a paycheck he sold out and it's sad. Yang Gang should be Furious.

He should have chosen Fox News. He'd reach a larger audience there and they'd let him bash the DNC and MSNBC all day long. Plus Fox News has treated him the best.

Maybe this was his goal all along to just get a fat paycheck. OK good for him but if so he really turned his back on his supporters.

If I were him I would have just written a 2nd book and profited then retired from politics forever.

He said he has a big announcement.

Let's hope he uses this gig to expose Yang media blackout. If so it's a great move.

Eric Weinstein just tweeted he hopes Yang hasn't sold out as Weinstein and Sam Harris were his original advocates who got him on Rogan when his campaign was getting zero attention both online and on cable news.

I'll reserve judgment but for now.... very bad move Yang. It looks like he's laughing to the bank with his book sales increases and now this gig.... and the Yang Gang abandoned after they poured ed their money and time into his campaign.

Did you say Fox news? Lmao

I am going to start this with, I am no big Yang fan, but the dude has some real thoughts that don't follow establishment bullshit and I respect that. If the man sticks to his guns and smashes the CNN Establishment Democratic Party hacks, then good on him. If he falls in line, then this will turn him into just another hack.

Man you guys are really brainwashed to side with any party . They ALL have there own interest not including you lol.

Man you guys are really brainwashed to side with any party . They ALL have there own interest not including you lol.

If you think CNN is credible with a 90%+ negative reporting rate on Trump, then you are the brainwashed one.

This is CNN we're talking about. You don't need to be able to see into the future to know he'll be restricted in what he's allowed to say, and when. The people who work there are never fully themselves, at the end of the day it's all about CNN and how the employees can benefit them.
Let's say there's some truth to that, although that's an absurdly low bar. Pretty much every platform has some form of restriction. CNN is going to give him more flexibility than someplace like Fox or MSNBC. So, returning to my point - what exactly is the superior alternative? Fading into oblivion, joining Fox where no one will take his ideas seriously?

What should he realistically do instead?

I guess I'm not quite ready to condemn him yet. He hasn't done a complete Elizabeth Warren heel turn or anything, but I have noticed he's been making more of an establishment turn lately, with things like supporting charges against Assange and his position on Israel and other issues. His wife gave CNN an exclusive and they treated her very favorably, which is fine, but in hindsight I can see how and why he went to the establishment, specifically CNN.

I still kinda like the guy and enjoyed going to one of his rallies so I won't go scorched earth unless he unfairly attacks Bernie or something like that. I can understand some of his supporters, especially the more anti-establishment ones, feeling betrayed, though. I'm not going to tell them how they should feel or react to this news, and he's going to have to live with that, one way or another.

People love using "the media" when making a point because it gets people fired up. It's just a whipping boy. They don't mean it

Let's say there's some truth to that, although that's an absurdly low bar. Pretty much every platform has some form of restriction. CNN is going to give him more flexibility than someplace like Fox or MSNBC. So, returning to my point - what exactly is the superior alternative? Fading into oblivion, joining Fox where no one will take his ideas seriously?

What should he realistically do instead?

Your original point was that we have no way of knowing if it's a "sell-out" or not. Now you're pivoting to implying that "It's a sell-out, but all options are bad." You know I'm right.

What he should do? How about not working as a mouthpiece of a large media organisation? He's well-known now, he can do whatever he wants with his life. It's a false dilemma to imply it's CNN or Fox news. Like that's the only options this man has for his entire life, get outta here. That he would make this choice implies something about him.

I see nothing wrong.

Unless Yang sells out his viewpoint....Being a pundit could be beneficial for the viewer at home, he could spread his ideas....A shitload of politicians do this, they just get paid to speak their minds.

Also Im sure he is just a special guest guy for the election.....it's not like he will have his own tv show or anything.

Your original point was that we have no way of knowing if it's a "sell-out" or not. Now you're pivoting to implying that "It's a sell-out, but all options are bad." You know I'm right.

What he should do? How about not working as a mouthpiece of a large media organisation? He's well-known now, he can do whatever he wants with his life. It's a false dilemma to imply it's CNN or Fox news. Like that's the only options this man has for his entire life, get outta here. That he would make this choice implies something about him.
No, my original point was as stated. You responded to my second post which was a follow up to my original point.

So again - what should he do instead? The "Well he shouldn't do this..." is juvenile. In that it's a childishly empty response. What should he do instead? Because in real life, people have to do things, they can't put down "anything but..." and have it mean something. So, if Andrew Yang wants to spread his message to the largest available audience that will listen to it seriously, what should he do instead?

A brief explanation of "how" that will further his message to a greater extent than being on CNN would be nice too but don't feel obligated to include it.

106083421-ubithumbfinal.jpg

I don't completely disagree but he has had a rather interesting group of friends in his past who like his plans. When multimillionaires and billionaires run to support your message you have to wonder. His appearance on CNN was effective at questioning if Bernie will be able to bring to factions of the party together. He has a lot of Bernie supporters who happen to like the idea of a thousand a month especially if their job was set overseas. I always say nothing is for free in government case I would look at what programs would be affected? If his plans would go through even comedian David Chappelle thrown out the idea that people will not think about having money when they retire if they don't have money to feed their kids today. I don't know but I looked at that message that social security was on the chopping block if people accept the 1000 dollars a month. Yang always gave me a odd vibe that he wanted to look like a progressive not unlike Obama but in the end was more to the right then progressives wanted.

"Bernie supporters" and "their job" in the same sentence.

giphy.gif

His journey to the dark side is now complete.

He should have chosen to reach the discerning Fox news audience.

Entrepreneur finds new revenue stream to add. I fucking love captialism.

Good for yang

Back