• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

YAHOO: Why was Joe Rogan disregarding social distancing shaking everybody's hands at UFC 249?

You make some points as well. But the Ro is not completly fact either. I politely disagree. I believe it is just another flu virus after analyzing what we have as of now.

It acts different because they are all different in their own way. Corona viruses have been around in many strains for a very long time. Flu vaccines have been altered many times over the course of 10 yrs because of "new" strains.

Because the government/world gave it a "name", so now its deadly. What if it didnt have a name? What if the experts didnt give it a name and said its a new strain of the flu and didnt fake all the death tolls etc....?

Ill tell you what would happen. NOTHING, people dont fear the flu enough. They say theres new fatal flu strains every year but no one gets scared enough, theres not enough fear in that. They just get another fake vaccine shot out of built up fear. Now they have you and unleash a new deadly "Covid virus". The population was primed and ready to be scared for their lives. It worked!
In a year or two, as more people develop resistance/immunity the Ro could certainly drop down. This year, the Ro is significantly higher than the flu. In fact more so than is reported because I suspect as we start mass testing we will see a large number of people were infected and asymptomatic. I would not be surprised if the actual number of infected is 20 times higher than is reported now.

I can't fucking stand Rogan.

Welcome to 2020. This is the issue with most findings, media drivin or not.
I posted a source that said the amount of those on the brink of starvation will double to 260 million. Then posted a source saying the amount of those actually dying of starvation will double to 18 million. He then said they contradict each other. They don't. He's a moron.

You're right though, so hard to trust any of the crap especially what the media pushes.

I posted a source that said the amount of those on the brink of starvation will double to 260 million. Then posted a source saying the amount of those actually dying of starvation will double to 18 million. He then said they contradict each other. They don't. He's a moron.

You're right though, so hard to trust any of the crap especially what the media pushes.
Agreed, its getting hard to take anything at face value anymore. Personally i align with your view more. When this is all said in and done, say next year, i think a number of issues will come up refuting many aspects of this pandemic.

But until then i cant blame people for keeping more protective mindset.

In a year or two, as more people develop resistance/immunity the Ro could certainly drop down. This year, the Ro is significantly higher than the flu. In fact more so than is reported because I suspect as we start mass testing we will see a large number of people were infected and asymptomatic. I would not be surprised if the actual number of infected is 20 times higher than is reported now.
So basically like the flu! The entire population has had the flu virus with millions of people asymptomatic. EVERYONE has had the flu. Hows that for Ro.

And I know, the flu has been around longer. Etc etc.... Covid is a "new" virus. Drink some more of that kool-aid.

Last edited:
Incubation period is usually over 5 days, and up to 14 days. It is believed people are infectious 2 days before symptoms start, up to 3 days. So while technically possible, the odds of them contracting Covid-19 and being infectious is stupid low. They would basically have to be infected immediately after being tested (which is a near zero chance), and have a shorter than usual incubation period, and longer than usual infectious period prior to symptoms.

Not necessarily. The fighters and their corner men were at a public hotel in Florida right? COVID-19 is very infectious, in theory a cornerman could go anywhere get it, spread to the fighter.

There is also the problem with false negatives in the nasal swab test.

As guys become wealthier and wealthier they become more and more libertarian, increasingly come to think that the rules don't apply to them, and when push comes to shove, believe that their money and influence will be the answer to any and all of their problems. That's the stage in life where Rogan is right now. And he's earned it so i'm not hating.

where the problem lies, is that Joe and guys like him, start to want to project the world view they've developed through there privileged lense on all of us ... ther 99% of Humans who aren't multi-millionaires that have Elon Musk on speed dial.

You and I'd be going to live sporting events, shaking everybody's hands too, if we had access to free Covid testing and the money to buy the best medical care in the world. I don't, and neither do most of us.

But I don't begrudge Joe shit. He's earned all of it. Just don't try to shape poilicy that's gonna affect me and my family. You have no fucking idea what you're trifling with.

LOL so anything "that serious" from now on means the world must shut down, we cant trust or go near anyone. Define that serious.

What happens with the next more contagious flu strain? What if the next more contagious flu strain is.001% less contagious than this one, should the world be shut down? If the survival rate of the next more contagious flu is 99.85%, should the world be shut down?

How come all the people in charge telling you to be scared and stay indoors are traveling around, not wearing masks. How come the guy who made the dire be scared model of this more contiguous flu was traveling around to his mistress house with no mask while at the same time telling everyone to be scared you might die.
If this is so serious and the world is shut down why are Grimey liquor stores still open? When will you not be scared to shake another healthy person's hand, when you're told by someone above you who didn't listen to any of these protocols for one single day?

It's funny from the second week of March til the end of the month. Me and a good 50-60 people, not always the same people were in a convention center volunteering with the United Way packing urgent food boxes for needy families. Every day before we start they'd tell us how they spoke to the health department and not only weren't mask recommended the health dept told them they don't help. Every day 7 days a week a good 50-60 people would come out no mask or anything and volunteer no one got sick everyone waw happy, not scared, etc. At one point you didn't care about people not wearing a mask. One day they change their stance and all of sudden the scared Just Stay indooRS!! crowd was acting like they wore a mask the whole time and shame anyone who isn't.
None of the volunteers I've talked to have met one of those truly caring JUSt STAY INDOORS stop the spread people helping their fellow human or volunteering in any way shape or form. Being scared and shaming people online is how they help... I guess.

I'm convinced the majority of bitter-scared-hysterical "just STay INdooors" crowd doesn't mind these changing protocols that their masters aren't even following because they never go out and do anything anyways. I'm guessing a good majority of these people are on big pharma poisonous anxiety/depression meds and don't even mind hiding their fae in public, might not even mind if they never have to shake or look another person in the eyes again because they probably secretly wished they could do that anyway since that stuff triggers their anxiety. People who didn't go out with friends much didn't enjoy the outdoors, etc. Unhealthy/unhappy people that don't mind staying indoors with a beer in their hand on the couch. People who need someone above them to tell them what to do/think. This is their comfort zone.

Yeh once again id rather listen to the epidemiologists, immunologists and scientists out there as they would know more about the topic rather than some randomer on a ufc forum.

Not necessarily. The fighters and their corner men were at a public hotel in Florida right? COVID-19 is very infectious, in theory a cornerman could go anywhere get it, spread to the fighter.

There is also the problem with false negatives in the nasal swab test.
Actually the 15% false negative is NOT from the nasal swab test. It is from taking the nasal swab and using transport media. The researchers did not include the nasal swab test without transport media for some reason, how they could not include it is beyond me.

Once you are infected it is several days to over a week before you are infectious.

So yes, it's possible, but really the odds are very slim. Probably less than the odds of going to the grocery store.

So basically like the flu! The entire population has had the flu virus with millions of people asymptomatic. EVERYONE has had the flu. Hows that for Ro.

And I know, the flu has been around longer. Etc etc.... Covid is a "new" virus. Drink some more of that kool-aid.
No, not like the flu. The Ro of covid is most certainly higher. In a few years, once we get more immunity built up, Covid-19 may mirror influenza more closely. The present is what we need to be concerned about though. I have said in this thread I think the response has been too much, and will end up doing more harm than good in the long run. Your position is quite simply false though.

It is the flu. Everything about it says it is as long as you dont listen to these back peddling experts.

All those numbers and suppossed deaths are fake news. Yea I know, I know "who am I compared to experts". So 83000 deaths in US? Its half that or less. You havent been keeping up ha? Lol You also obviously havent read much of this thread either.

It is not influenza. It is a strain of SARS which is completely different than influenza.

https://www.niaid.nih.gov/diseases-conditions/covid-19

But I guess it's all the same to you and all the other knuckle-dragging dumb fucks with no education.

I have sources for my figure of 83,000 deaths:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

There are countless others. Where are your sources that it is half that? That's right; you have none because you and your ilk just make shit up as you go along in order to support your political agenda. Go fuck yourself and keep your stupid opinions to yourself. You and your dumb fuck cohort are literally killing people.

Without some context that doesn't mean much. What is your scientific background?
I'm an RN. It doesn't actually take much scientific background though to look at stats and do probabilities. Nor does it take much more than simple logic to understand healthcare outcomes are closely tied to economic means, and a serious recession necessitates negative healthcare outcomes.

Last edited:
Shaking hands is stupid and I hope it never comes back

I'm an RN.

That will give you anecdotal experience based on your location and scope of practice, which is useful, but not practical or authoritative opinions on epidemiology or virology.

Here in New York City saying you are at the "#1 hospital for hundreds of miles" isn't possible, or at least its a superlative no doctor or RN would say. So I was curious where you fit in healthcare. Perhaps where you live, you work on a floor in a great setting to learn from high caliber practitioners who see a lot of relevant cases.

I was never pro/against Rogan before covid-19, he had some good podcast eps. However, since this pandemic and his latest podcast. My god, how moronic can he and his 'comedy' club crew be? They think everything should be open again just so they can do comedy shows ffs. They try and justify the economy being in a recession but fail to realise that unless you fix the health situation, then the economic situation won't be solved. Schaub is the worst, he can kill brain cells with his voice it seems.

The Yahoo is ripping Rogan for not being a good example on a big stage like this by disregarding social distancing guidelines.

The original plan for UFC 249 was for Joe Rogan to stay out of the Octagon.

So when he took his normal post-fight stance in the cage and conducted literal hands-on interviews on Saturday, people noticed. Not only was Rogan in the Octagon, but he regularly broke a cardinal rule of COVID-19 safety by repeatedly shaking hands with fighters.

He shook the bloodied hand of interim lightweight champ Justin Gaethje after his stunning TKO of Tony Ferguson in the main event.

He appeared to shake hands with every fighter he spoke with on Saturday.

It raises an obvious question. Why?

Was it a statement in support of UFC?
The immediate answer is that everybody in the building had been tested for COVID-19, so the assumption is that there’s no way anybody inside was infected.

So was it a stance of defiance by Rogan as UFC has faced a barrage of criticism for even hosting an event as the coronavirus continues to spread and kill in the United States? A calculated decision to shake hands would reflect the behavior of his boss Dana White, who publicly flouted safety protocols in the preparation for the event, only to see a fight canceled after a fighter tested positive.

As parts of the country open up while COVID-19 maintains a firm foothold in the United States, some have taken to flouting common-sense safety measures as a badge of honor, a form of virtue signaling for the unvirtuous.

Rogan is extra careful on his podcast
Even if Rogan was confident that there was no COVID-19 in the building, why make a concerted effort to publicly use a greeting that’s believed by many to have no place in the post-COVID-19 world? It doesn’t set a great example, even while acknowledging that the fighters had been tested.

Rogan’s not among the COVID-19 deniers. In fact, he made headlines in April for paying for all the guests on his podcast to undergo testing. He said at the end of Saturday’s broadcast that he’s getting tested again tomorrow.

For now, his decision remains a mystery. Was he making a statement? Or were his handshakes simply a matter of old habits dying hard?

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/why-was-joe-rogan-shaking-everybodys-hands-at-ufc-249-055047413.html

Maybe because the Corona Virus is a Chinese Conspiracy?

Back