• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

YAHOO: Why was Joe Rogan disregarding social distancing shaking everybody's hands at UFC 249?

In case you haven't noticed, Rogan is kind of an idiot. He thinks negative tests guarantee that no one has the virus therefore no other measures required.

They also tested 2-4 days prior to the event if I'm not mistaken. People can get the virus between the test and the event.

He didn't have to shake hands in there, but he loves the attention.
<30>

Every day before we start they'd tell us how they spoke to the health department and not only weren't mask recommended the health dept told them they don't help.
So when the CDC recommended nurses use regular masks to save the N-95 stock the ANA immediately responded saying there is zero evidence regular masks offer any benefit. The CDC quickly changed thier guides to say nurses should only use N-95. Anything less than a properly fitted and properly used N-95 has no evidence to support its use. The suggestion is that while it offers no benefit to the wearer, it MAY reduce the spread of Covid-19 if the wearer is infected. It could. It actually likely does. So the mask will do nothing to protect the wearer if they are uninfected, but does likely (although there is no evidence yet to support it) reduce the risk of an infected person from infecting others.

coronavirus spontaneously appears with hand to hand contact

its magical

If you can't believe a negative test result then what can you believe? He also gets tested for his podcast regularly. Plus, we just watched multiple pairs of fighters come into direct contact with each other but somehow a handshake is what's getting the attention?
I've seen many in this thread saying that mostly to rationalize freaking out over people shaking hands.

These are the unhealthy bitter, anxious/depressed people that always see the glass half empty. They will never trust anything positive relating to this and will 100% trust any negative guesstimates and all the be very afraid cries they hear. Only when they see enough of the masses around them outdoors, happy, healthy will they stop crying and maybe have the guts to go out in public and follow along with the crowd.

If those same tests administered by those same people came back with 51% or more infected they sure as shit would believe it 1000%. Any positive news given to them by people above them can't be fully trusted in their minds but if those same authority figures above them (who are clearly not following the same protocols) said it's the deadliest thing ever and you can get it by looking at another person they would believe it without question.

They also tested 2-4 days prior to the event if I'm not mistaken. People can get the virus between the test and the event.

He didn't have to shake hands in there, but he loves the attention.
<30>
Incubation period is usually over 5 days, and up to 14 days. It is believed people are infectious 2 days before symptoms start, up to 3 days. So while technically possible, the odds of them contracting Covid-19 and being infectious is stupid low. They would basically have to be infected immediately after being tested (which is a near zero chance), and have a shorter than usual incubation period, and longer than usual infectious period prior to symptoms.

It's not my claim. It's the claim of the experts. I find it hilarious you demand the experts be accepted, until it's something you don't like. If you don't believe the experts why should anyone else?

Here is a completely different expert saying it. Another expert you won't believe while telling others to trust the experts.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/22/world/africa/coronavirus-hunger-crisis.html
Being hungry= starving.... Gotcha
Shit, I guess I'm on the brink of death right now.

Being hungry= starving.... Gotcha
Shit, I guess I'm on the brink of death right now.
Stop being obtuse. I love how you demand people believe experts, until you don't like what they say.
U.N. Warns Number Of People Starving To Death Could Double Amid Pandemic

Every year, around 9 million people die of hunger

"And as part of that," Lowcock said, "we expect, unfortunately, that there could be a doubling this year in the number of people who are literally starving to death and won't survive unless they get help."
https://www.npr.org/sections/corona...-starving-to-death-could-double-amid-pandemic

Believe the experts! right? Or are you saying the experts should be questioned? You're such a hypocrite.

Stop being obtuse. I love how you demand people believe experts, until you don't like what they say.

https://www.npr.org/sections/corona...-starving-to-death-could-double-amid-pandemic

Believe the experts! right? Or are you saying the experts should be questioned? You're such a hypocrite.
I love how you keep saying you love stuff....
So you are posting clips of sources, but none of them align with the others numbers... So what one is accurate?
You keep talking about me dismissing experts if I don't like what they say, but is that exactly what you are doing? The experts say not to open back up and go back to normal yet. But that seems to be your objective here, try to convince sheep to follow your dumbass way of thinking. And lying, calling yourself a "medical professional", when it's obvious you're nothing more than a janitor at walk in clinic, or maybe a sperm bank... Either way, you can fuck off now, I'm to busy to deal with your nonsense right now.

I love how you keep saying you love stuff....
So you are posting clips of sources, but none of them align with the others numbers... So what one is accurate?
You keep talking about me dismissing experts if I don't like what they say, but is that exactly what you are doing? The experts say not to open back up and go back to normal yet. But that seems to be your objective here, try to convince sheep to follow your dumbass way of thinking. And lying, calling yourself a "medical professional", when it's obvious you're nothing more than a janitor at walk in clinic, or maybe a sperm bank... Either way, you can fuck off now, I'm to busy to deal with your nonsense right now.
Sorry, they do align. One was discussing actual deaths, one was talking about how many people will be put on the brink of starvation.

You are the one saying experts must be right. I am the one saying the situation is more complex. There are unintended consequences of the shutdown. So the experts saying more people will die without a complete lockdown are right. Want to know what, lock everyone in their room and don't let them leave for the next month will stop Covid-19 even more. What are the health implications for people who now have no job and no insurance? These are the outcomes that we know will be impacted, but it's not a right here and now effect.

10 years working at the number one hospital for hundreds of miles. You are a clueless moron who thinks proving plant shutdowns are causing food shortages disproves my saying plant shortages will cause food shortages. I am sure you are moving on, tired of being a bitch over and over.

Last edited:
Because of people like you who has already made it a joke. Tested people in the Arena who has tested negative for the virus are shaking hands. Like this Virus will magically appear. If you were so against this event taking place why did you even tune in? So far the event was success but your and you fear mongering are only trying to find anything negative.

They could have caught the virus between the time and location they were tested negative and the night of the event. They could have had the virus in the early stages of infection and at sufficiently low enough levels to pass the test and later developed further to a point of being contagious. There are plenty of ways that the virus could have been present in the arena and none have anything to do with magic.

Because he's been tested, and he isn't a morbidly obese 79 year old.

They could have caught the virus between the time and location they were tested negative and the night of the event. They could have had the virus in the early stages of infection and at sufficiently low enough levels to pass the test and later developed further to a point of being contagious. There are plenty of ways that the virus could have been present in the arena and none have anything to do with magic.
And while it's possible, the odds are incredibly low.

It's just a flu. The flu hits old people and those with underlying issues the most too. I've been living my life normally. Working, house parties, rawdogging girls from tinder/hinge, exercising etc and have had nothing, nor did the girls or the guys ive been partying etc with

It is not the flu. It is not even the same strain of virus as influenza. Maybe we should call you a rat from now on. You're about as close to a rat as COVID-19 is to influenza. They're both viruses and you and the rat are both mammals. Close enough?

The mortality rate - the proportion of infected people who will die - for COVID-19 is between 2% and 4% whereas the mortality rate for the common flu is 0.1%. If you get infected with COVID-19 you are between 20 and 40 times as likely to die as if you were infected by the common flu.

If you want to talk hard numbers, COVID-19 has killed 83,000 people in the US just 5 months into the year while the common flu killed 34,000 the entire last year.

It kills young healthy people:

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20200319/20-percent-of-us-covid-19-deaths-were-young-adults#1

It kills babies:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-52648770

But, by all means, continue to act as if it's a big joke. Frankly, I hope it infects and kills you and removes your weak DNA from the gene pool. Long live Charles Darwin and survival of the fittest (and smartest).

Frankly, I hope it infects and kills you and removes your weak DNA from the gene pool. Long live Charles Darwin and survival of the fittest (and smartest).

Ah yes Charles Darwin, a man with peak athletic attributes and was so smart he married his own cousin.

It is not the flu. It is not even the same strain of virus as influenza. Maybe we should call you a rat from now on. You're about as close to a rat as COVID-19 is to influenza. They're both viruses and you and the rat are both mammals. Close enough?

The mortality rate - the proportion of infected people who will die - for COVID-19 is between 2% and 4% whereas the mortality rate for the common flu is 0.1%. If you get infected with COVID-19 you are between 20 and 40 times as likely to die as if you were infected by the common flu.

If you want to talk hard numbers, COVID-19 has killed 83,000 people in the US just 5 months into the year while the common flu killed 34,000 the entire last year.

It kills young healthy people:

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20200319/20-percent-of-us-covid-19-deaths-were-young-adults#1

It kills babies:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-52648770

But, by all means, continue to act as if it's a big joke. Frankly, I hope it infects and kills you and removes your weak DNA from the gene pool. Long live Charles Darwin and survival of the fittest (and smartest).

It is the flu. Everything about it says it is as long as you dont listen to these back peddling experts.

All those numbers and suppossed deaths are fake news. Yea I know, I know "who am I compared to experts". So 83000 deaths in US? Its half that or less. You havent been keeping up ha? Lol You also obviously havent read much of this thread either.

It is the flu. Everything about it says it is as long as you dont listen to these back peddling experts.

All those numbers and suppossed deaths are fake news. Yea I know, I know "who am I compared to experts". So 83000 deaths in US? Its half that or less. You havent been keeping up ha? Lol You also obviously havent read much of this thread either.
You do make some valid points. They altered the way they calculate Covid-19 deaths to include deaths that would never be included in the estimate of other viruses such as the flu. Especially when you compare America to other countries, the death count is vastly overinflated. It's really a pretty nuanced situation though.

With that said, in the end, you are wrong. It is not the flu. It's worse in some ways, and less severe in others. What really sets it apart from the average seasonal flu is its Ro, which is several times higher. This means more people will get infected, and herd immunity will be more difficult to achieve. Over the next few years we will see a much fuller picture of Covid-19, but for now additional measures beyond what we do for the flu are absolutely necessary.

You do make some valid points. They altered the way they calculate Covid-19 deaths to include deaths that would never be included in the estimate of other viruses such as the flu. Especially when you compare America to other countries, the death count is vastly overinflated. It's really a pretty nuanced situation though.

With that said, in the end, you are wrong. It is not the flu. It's worse in some ways, and less severe in others. What really sets it apart from the average seasonal flu is its Ro, which is several times higher. This means more people will get infected, and herd immunity will be more difficult to achieve. Over the next few years we will see a much fuller picture of Covid-19, but for now additional measures beyond what we do for the flu are absolutely necessary.

You make some points as well. But the Ro is not completly fact either. I politely disagree. I believe it is just another flu virus after analyzing what we have as of now.

It acts different because they are all different in their own way. Corona viruses have been around in many strains for a very long time. Flu vaccines have been altered many times over the course of 10 yrs because of "new" strains.

Because the government/world gave it a "name", so now its deadly. What if it didnt have a name? What if the experts didnt give it a name and said its a new strain of the flu and didnt fake all the death tolls etc....?

Ill tell you what would happen. NOTHING, people dont fear the flu enough. They say theres new fatal flu strains every year but no one gets scared enough, theres not enough fear in that. They just get another fake vaccine shot out of built up fear. Now they have you and unleash a new deadly "Covid virus". The population was primed and ready to be scared for their lives. It worked!

Last edited:
Back