Xtreme Couture Head Coach, Robert Follis FIRED

The gym was essentially a McDojo business venture at first. You could pay the gym for some package that guaranteed a once a year one on one session with Randy. That isn't what you expect from a real gym trying to produce real talent. Also a lot of the talent there did not only spar there but at other places. The place did not have the highest quality grappling (back in the day at least) so people would go else where for Jiujitsu.

I guess grappling quality improved when Follis went to XC. Not much fighters I've seen switching to 10 planet when eh was there, as lately after he got fired when most of them were seeing at 10 planet.

Just because someone kills themselves, does not make them innocent, in the right or place them in a protected class. Control freaks and just generally terrible people will kill themselves just to get back at people. Sometimes it's their last way to control a situation and cause issues after their death. Sometimes people are just depressed and kill themselves. Either way, the people making wild claims in this thread, have no idea what one it is.

I have only had issues with two people at that gym, both were fired.

Apparently, Follis' brother went the same path like 4 years ago, he couldn't get over it. Not because he was a control freak or smt.

So you're admitting to had an issue with him.

Just seems that him taking his own life is a much bigger deal than him getting fired. Obviously the majority of the discussion is about his suicide.

They're making it look like he killed himself for being fired... He was opening his new gym, so bringing food on his table wasn't an issue; there even was lots of his students following him to his new gym, so he wasn't starting it from scratch.
There's people inducing that he could never get over his brother's suicide; that plus depression and not having people supporting you or seeing thought your depression, can lead to this kind of outcome.

I guess grappling quality improved when Follis went to XC. Not much fighters I've seen switching to 10 planet when eh was there, as lately after he got fired when most of them were seeing at 10 planet.

Apparently, Follis' brother went the same path like 4 years ago, he couldn't get over it. Not because he was a control freak or smt.

So you're admitting to had an issue with him.

They're making it look like he killed himself for being fired... He was opening his new gym, so bringing food on his table wasn't an issue; there even was lots of his students following him to his new gym, so he wasn't starting it from scratch.
There's people inducing that he could never get over his brother's suicide; that plus depression and not having people supporting you or seeing thought your depression, can lead to this kind of outcome.

Stop being an idiot.
This post was made long before he killed himself.

It's clear that you just make crap up as you go along.

ZERO people left the gym to follow him anywhere.

Damn was wondering what Tate was posting about the other day.

Seriously, some of you guys just type crazy things in order to have some type of insider narrative in your head.
Weird considering MilesAbove (who i'm pretty sure lives in Vegas) pretty much agreed with Danzigs interview along with multiple other fighters as well (pretty strange that vegas residents and former fighters are making up this crazy narrative).

Stop being an idiot.
This post was made long before he killed himself.

It's clear that you just make crap up as you go along.

ZERO people left the gym to follow him anywhere.

Try to interpret while reading: He was still building his new gym, but lots of his loyal fighters was gonna follow him. POTENTIAL, he didn't conclude his gym.

I know you train and are a big part of Syndicate mma, but I got my sources for XC as for the latter part.
Don't think you're the center of the universe just because you train and probably coach at Syndicate, you're not the owner of all truth.

No, and it will likely be a while, as everyone is in politically correct mode. As they should be.

Look, people had their problems with Follis, as did I, but we never wanted anything like this. This is terrible.

I will however offer another way to look at it.

I think something like this reflects on a persons REAL mentality.

Someone who is such a prominent figure in the sport, runs into a rough patch and he kills himself?

I mean, he made a GRAND exit, at Christmas time, no concern about his loved ones or his diehard students. Just trying to make the situation talked about because of the timing.

Now think about it,.. who does such a thing.

I feel for his family and loved ones.

In 2017, people kill themselves on Christmas Eve for internet fame.
I can't believe he killed himself for FAME. What FAME? 5 guys talking about it on a dark forum?

I see a lot of people just posting pure nonsense in this thread.

Just because someone kills themselves, does not make them innocent, in the right or place them in a protected class. Control freaks and just generally terrible people will kill themselves just to get back at people. Sometimes it's their last way to control a situation and cause issues after their death. Sometimes people are just depressed and kill themselves. Either way, the people making wild claims in this thread, have no idea what one it is.

Coutures has a very specific pro class at 3pm where normal people are not allowed to go. So normal and ammy patrons do not even get the chance to be harmed as is claimed in this thread.

Some specific people have had problems going hard on people, but the coaches do intervene and again, this is only with pro members/team members.

The only thing they do there, is shark tank people. No green lighting without both fighters agreeing.

Seriously, some of you guys just type crazy things in order to have some type of insider narrative in your head.

Eric is a great guy. He was at the Las Vegas shooting, as was I,.. helping get people to safety. I have never seen the guy act out.

Dennis is one of the nicest guys I ever met in this sport.

I have only had issues with two people at that gym, both were fired.

I'm pretty sure killing yourself does NOT give you more control, no matter how much of a control freak you are. You're giving up ALL of the control when you kill yourself, there's nothing left.

Weird considering MilesAbove (who i'm pretty sure lives in Vegas) pretty much agreed with Danzigs interview along with multiple other fighters as well (pretty strange that vegas residents and former fighters are making up this crazy narrative).

Yeah, because he was thrown out of the gym, so of course he will agree.

Did Cyndicate have a problem with Follis?

You could have just asked me.
Yes, I had an issue with Follis, as did many others. Mine was rather well known in the mma community around here, because alot of people saw the situation unfold and he did not look good after the fact.

That being said, I am fair about what I say about him and I most certainly never wanted anything like this to happen.

Sure looks like it.

The stuff he is saying pretty much goes against everything else coming out.

Sour grapes imho

You have a vivid imagination, dont you?

So is Follis alive?
Because you claim what I am sayng goes against everything coming out?

Did he have a job at Coutures when he died?

I just love people like you that just want to be contrary. You attack someone with zero evidence, while implying I have no evidence.

I am good friends with the staff at that gym. I officiate fights with them involved. I sit with them in the corner with certian fighters as a team.

It's those reasons, along with respect, that I would rather not say ill things about Follis right now. He did enough good as well and maybe that should be focused on for a while.

I am good friends with the staff at that gym. I officiate fights with them involved. I sit with them in the corner with certian fighters as a team.

if you a credible source as you claim what are you doing posting here?

OP, your comments about suicide and presumably why someone would kill themseves are legitimately monstrous and come from a place of massive ignorance at best and pure hatred and bigotry at worst.

Congratulations, you’re morally bankrupt on a level I never even thought Sherdog could stoop to.

Classless piece of shit. Be so so grateful that you clearly have never even been touched by depression. You dickless coward.

if you a credible source as you claim what are you doing posting here?

Because he’s either lying or a complete rat that can’t be trusted at the gym. Judging by his moral character displayed so far I’ll go with rat.

So is Follis alive?
Because you claim what I am sayng goes against everything coming out?

Did he have a job at Coutures when he died?

I just love people like you that just want to be contrary. You attack someone with zero evidence, while implying I have no evidence.

It's those reasons, along with respect, that I would rather not say ill things about Follis right now. He did enough good as well and maybe that should be focused on for a while.

You’re just being silly......

1. My words were “pretty much goes against everything else coming out” . So I left myself room and it’s obvious to everyone I’m not suggesting Mr Follis is still alive.

2. Follis announced he was parting ways with XC. Once again, no one is questioning that.

3. You claim to have information about something “terrible” that is/was about to come out but then say that you have to much respect to speak I’ll of him right now...... many people would say that dropping that little hint is the equivalent of speaking ill

4. My post wasn’t “attacking” you. I said that what you posted seems to be contrary to EVERYTHING (obviously he is dead, obviously he parted ways with XC, FFS) else that is/has come out. My evidence for saying this is far more substantial then anything that you have produced.

I don’t know you and I don’t really care about your cryptic hints of who you are and what you know. I can say that in my opinion, hiding behind a computer screen while you toss inflammatory comments on MMA forums is pretty low.

Either speak the truth that you claim to know or GTFO

OP, your comments about suicide and presumably why someone would kill themseves are legitimately monstrous and come from a place of massive ignorance at best and pure hatred and bigotry at worst.

Congratulations, you’re morally bankrupt on a level I never even thought Sherdog could stoop to.

Classless piece of shit. Be so so grateful that you clearly have never even been touched by depression. You dickless coward.

Agreed.

His statements about suicide are surprisingly ignorant

Back