• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

X Men Origins: Wolverine is actually good

Wilmer Digreux

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
it's always remembered for the way they handled deadpool and for the bad cgi claws....but outside of that it's really pretty good and it's a fun flick. And Will I am gets a lot of flack for his performance but I really don't see what the problem is. I thought he was very good for a non actor.

Am I wrong?

I have and enjoy the entire trilogy. It just rates 3rd with me behind the other 2. Still enjoy it though.

Unusual for a trilogy, each one keeps getting better.

I liked it better than most comic book movies. I didn't have any investment in Deadpool or any of what they did to him. The story of Wolverine and his brother as well as Wolverine and the love interest were both pretty effective.

has alot of rewatachable standlone scenes

the weapon x scene is great, as is the helicopter chase, the bar fight, etc

not a great film but a fun at times film

I’m not sure I’d go so far as to say it’s “good” but it has some really good parts to it.

1. Liev Schreiber gave a great performance.

2. The historical wars montage at the beginning was one of the best scenes from the entire X-Men series.

I love watching the Hugely Jacked Man play Wolverine. He's as perfect in the role as RDJ was as Tony Stark. But the War Montage was pretty much the only redeeming feature of that movie.

ETA: that was too harsh. Schreiber was fucking awesome as Sabretooth. He really nailed the character's sadism and twisted big brother instinct towards Logan,

"Nobody kills you but me!"

Gambit was always my favorite growing up and I loved Friday Night Lights at the time so I thought Riggins as Gambit was going to be perfect. Then they give him 3 lines and have him get his ass kicked by Wolverine. Even in his brief two scenes, he was a terrible Gambit

"I'm gonna cut your goddamn head off, see if that works." is one of the best lines Wolverine ever had though

I’m glad you enjoyed it, I hated it though.
Bad Cgi, didn’t like the Story or writing. The Deadpool atrocity was practically unforgivable. Decent acting though. But that’s me and I know people enjoyed it and that’s cool, it’s just not for me.

I love watching the Hugely Jacked Man play Wolverine. He's as perfect in the role as RDJ was as Tony Stark. But the War Montage was pretty much the only redeeming feature of that movie.

ETA: that was too harsh. Schreiber was fucking awesome as Sabretooth. He really nailed the character's sadism and twisted big brother instinct towards Logan,

"Nobody kills you but me!"

I thought dudebro that played gambit was very good too. The guy from Battleship.

And the blob guy (Keamy from LOST). Also Dominic Monahan was good.

Gambit was always my favorite growing up and I loved Friday Night Lights at the time so I thought Riggins as Gambit was going to be perfect. Then they give him 3 lines and have him get his ass kicked by Wolverine. Even in his brief two scenes, he was a terrible Gambit

"I'm gonna cut your goddamn head off, see if that works." is one of the best lines Wolverine ever had though

I liked his scenes and thought he was good. But I don't know anything about the character, so maybe that's a factor.

Back