Television X-MEN '97 (First Official Trailer, post #292)

Damn. It's awesome to see this show is done by people that clearly know the material.
I wish they had let this play out a bit more, it went by too fast.
Action is always on point, but Morph is too over powered.

Attachments

• 72f78a194d5a179027d4d8dbf833230e.jpg
    72f78a194d5a179027d4d8dbf833230e.jpg
    793.1 KB · Views: 9
anyone catch the outline of the watcher at the beginning of episode 3 or 4? it was a panned down shot of a star lit night

Show could of been total greatness if done with a 16+ rating like Invincible. It's still pretty good all be it a "little" rushed

For me the problem is they rushed to the whole asteroid M storyline in one episode.

I would have actually liked them to run with the idea of Magneto's faction and having other mutants join in (villains and heroes) before we have a clash between Xavier and Magneto's group.

Last edited:
Just started watching this show and man it's really good. Only like 3 episodes in. Rogues voice kind of threw me off but I'm used to it now.

Been done(kind of). In the Uncanny X Men run, a clone of Red Skull digs up Professor X's body and removes a part of his brain, fusing it with his own. Yes, really.

This gives Herr Schmidt all of Charles Xavier's vast Telepathic powers, which he of course uses to kill thousands of people and turn Genosha into a Mutant death camp. Magneto is rather annoyed by this and ends up beating Red Skul; to death with his bare hands. Because killing him with his own powers would have been too quick.

Unfortunately, this bites Magneto and the rest of the world in the ass hard when Schmidt comes back to life as the Red Onslaught...

Pretty obvious they are setting up season 2 to be Onslaught related

Damn. It's awesome to see this show is done by people that clearly know the material.
I wish they had let this play out a bit more, it went by too fast.
Action is always on point, but Morph is too over powered.
they are punching it all through before the audience tires and they get cancelled. They are also signalling to fans where they are going and when the theme of an episode switches dramatically as they are doing it keeps the viewers interested even if it seems nothing is happening. I like that they are trying not to waste time.

I seem to recall the next batch of the comics being one of the more angsty chapters though with Wolverine adapting to his new life and Charles entering his emo phase.

Last edited:
Pretty obvious they are setting up season 2 to be Onslaught related

I kinda hope he gets a redesign. Looking back roided up Magneto isn't the smartest concept. I mean what about having Xavier in the armour at least. Did always bug me that he took on more of Magneto than Charles. If we think about it Charles is an emperor and seeing him take on a more regal form using the Onslaught armour would be interesting.

Also what is the purpose of his helmet? If they knock it off is he still vulnerable to psychic attacks?

they are punching it all through before the audience tires and they get cancelled. They are also signalling to fans where they are going and when the theme of an episode switches dramatically as they are doing it keeps the viewers interested even if it seems nothing is happening. I like that they are trying not to waste time.

I seem to recall the next batch of the comics being one of the more angsty chapters though with Wolverine adapting to his new life and Charles entering his emo phase.

That was the story arc that revealed,

Wolverine's Claws were actually made of bone. The Adamantium just coated what was already there.

Also what is the purpose of his helmet? If they knock it off is he still vulnerable to psychic attacks?

In the OG series, Xavier attacked Magneto psychicly in the 4th episode of the 1st season, while he was still wearing his helmet.

Not sure about this, but I think the 2000 movie established the precident of Magneto's helmet insulating him from psychic attacks.

In the OG series, Xavier attacked Magneto psychicly in the 4th episode of the 1st season, while he was still wearing his helmet.

Not sure about this, but I think the 2000 movie established the precident of Magneto's helmet insulating him from psychic attacks.
I was asking why Onslaught would still need his helmet?

i think firing the showrunner is gonna prove a mistake. hopefully not, since i’m sure it will retain most of its producing & creating staff, but i think its been pretty obvious he was the backbone of this series. i just hope they don’t implant someone brand new as showrunner & instead stick w/ someone who played a major role molding s1 into what it is.

Did it go down in quality for the last couple episodes? I watched the gambit one and bawled. Next one was meh. Havent watched since cuz of life.

Doomcocks army hates the show and I got bashed for liking it.

Back