Wtf

ronny thylin

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hello ahoy. My benchpress used to be something like a 125lbs, which is ridiculous yes laugh uhuh. Ok so I've been lifting a little over one week now, and whooptiedoo I benched about 170 today. WTF. This sounds strange even though they are very small weights. I'll be benching 400 by the end of the year :icon_lol: :rolleyes:

good job, though you should know gains will slow once you get a bit stronger.

Congradulations! now the fun is over.

every step you take now will take dubble the effort compounded each step.

i.e. next step will take 2wice the effort, and the next after that will take 4 times the effort. so on and so forth.

First of all, congrats.

Secondly, those are noobie gains. Nothing has really changed with your body, but your central nervous system, which drives all your movements, suddenly got exposed to a much higher intensity than it is used to, and was forced to adapt and use the muscle that you have much more efficiently. And a part of it was psychological too.

As people said, keep it up, but your gains will likely slow down because your CNS will already be quite efficient after lifting for a while, and you will have to build muscle mass to push yourself forward, and this takes time.

I'm Gonna Make Pee Pee In All Ya'lls Faces Pissmops Style And Make You Call Me Daddy Bear

thread hijack post:
i weigh 68kg and i started seriously hitting the gym about a 4 weeks ago, the first time i hit the squats i was only able to do about 50kg, yesterday i did 3 reps of 80kg. w00t. hahaha

Yeh I freaked out when I went from 180 to 205 in about three or four weeks. But I found that when I actually trained and didn't BS with the other guys in the gym I gained quicker. What a thought lol.

Great job, but your poundage will slow down very soon after about 200lbs or so I would say. 400 is unreachable for about 2 years unless you enhance like Rafel Palmero

if you dont lift and start lifting you are going to get stronger fast. but once you have a decent strength base, the harder it gets to continue making big gains

joe broadway said:
if you dont lift and start lifting you are going to get stronger fast. but once you have a decent strength base, the harder it gets to continue making big gains

:( .

Eh, seems like just newbie luck gains to me. 45lbs in a week... Yeah.. sounds somewhat BS to me.

But like others have stated you'll peak out and gains will be harder.

What is your workout plan? Diet? What are you taking?

Back