wtf is a calf slicer?

throwin bullets***

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
i was just doing my regular fight finder browsing like i always accidentaly end up doing when i smoke weed,anyways i looked at J-Lo's record and it says he lost to Pride of El Slavador Ivan Menjivar by "Calf Slicer".I have been watching MMA for years and traning as well,i have never haerd or a calf slicer submission.I have no idea what it is,I think its kinda like what Marcus Davis did to Spratt where you get a basic foot lock but you squeeze a little higher above the ankle but i have no clue.....??? wtf is it?

Its a compression hold that target your calf muscle to be put under intense pressure and could tear or rupture. You usually go for one after a failed heal hook attempt. I cant believe you have never heard of this, are you that oblivious to grappling.....

Its a compression hold that target your calf muscle to be put under intense pressure and could tear. You usually go for one after a failed heal hook attempt.

So i was right? (kinda like a guillotine on someones calf muscle in basic leg lock position?)

So i was right? (kinda like a guillotine on someones calf muscle in basic leg lock position?)

No, fool, that wouldnt put much pressure on the calf at all! Your forearm or leg (shin) is either gonna be in between your opponents calf and the back of his hamstring. so when you pull him into you or pull his foot into you in most cases, there was be all the pressure directed to a point on his calf muscle. And it will tear if you give a good amount of force. Same thing with a bicep cutter, or a forearm compression to make someone release there grip who's trying to fight off an armbar.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZK7fwxZtqsM&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZK7fwxZtqsM&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

No, fool, that wouldnt put much pressure on the calf at all! Your forearm or leg (shin) is either gonna be in between your opponents calf and the back of his hamstring. so when you pull him into you or pull his foot into you in most cases, there was be all the pressure directed to a point on his calf muscle. And it will tear if you give a good amount of force. Same thing with a bicep cutter or forearm compression to make someone release there grip who's trying to fight off an armbar.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZK7fwxZtqsM&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZK7fwxZtqsM&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

pfft weak move no wonder i never heard of it.The only way you can tap to this move is is you yank your leg out to fast and tear your calf..or if your a pussy but its a great new way of getting some1's back i just learned.Im gonna practice this shit.

pfft weak move no wonder i never heard of it.The only way you can tap to this move is is you yank your leg out to fast and tear your calf..or if your a pussy but its a great new way of getting some1's back i just learned.Im gonna practice this shit.

ok mr. tough guy, theres also many other ways to do it, and youve obviously never had it done to you. str8 up, youre an idiot if you think the only way you'd tapout is if you yanked out your leg fast and could tear your calf...... i cant believe you said that. i doubt you have ever grappled before. where do you train?

pfft weak move no wonder i never heard of it.The only way you can tap to this move is is you yank your leg out to fast and tear your calf..or if your a pussy

Yeah, guess you are the expert.

This move is illegal in BJJ for example up until brown belt for the sole reason that you can really hurt someone with it.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/f3Is-VzzCfA&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/f3Is-VzzCfA&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Calf and bicep slicers are probably the most painful submissions I've ever been put in

Bicep and calf slicers hurt like hell. Last time i got caught in a bicep cettuer my arm was black and blue for weeks.

Lol. You've never even heard of a calf slicer, and now you're confident about how useless it is.

If you get put in a calf slicer by anyone who knows what you're doing, I promise you'll tap. Quickly and furiously.

that second vid is helpful.
i would think that might something do-able, i wonder how many fighters think its possible in a ufc fight.

Hell yeah. Our instructor love the bicep slicer. Painful. You just have to tap. Feels like the muscle is going to explode if it's done right.

Calf and bicep slicers are probably the most painful submissions I've ever been put in

you can also perform it from a half guard lockdown- fake a transition to the back by prabbing their far side lat, but don't break the lockdown. grap their foot and it's done/

that second vid is helpful.
i would think that might something do-able, i wonder how many fighters think its possible in a ufc fight.

There are several entries to the calf slicer, of which the most useful in my mind are where the opponent triangles his legs to avoid the kneebar, and from the half guard where you have shrugged your head under the guy's arm. Neither seems that great for MMA. The first is hard to get the tap unless you are very good at leglocks, and the second is easy to get the tap but almost everybody is just going to take the back instead. That variation that is shown in the video at the top of the page strikes me as impractical and very low percentage.

I've never seen that one before, it looks painful as fuck. I've never even seen someone attempt one or try to put me in one in training. Looks nasty, I'd like to try it.

Back