WSOF making the fight UFC should have made.

Isn't Jake still in UFC...?

Leslie-Smith.jpg

The UFC has missed many great match up opportunities over the recent years. It's like Joe Silva and crew have fallen out of touch with the fans at times.

WSOF doesn't have a UFC out clause, unless Jake only signed a three fight deal then he has to keep fighting in WSOF until he's done with his contract.

Shields was boring as he is a top level guy. When Dana said the ufc is where all the tops fighters are at he is clearly bullshitting, he cuts shields cause he'll never be champ or whatever but he still is a high level fighter

Sheilds grappling is boring! he takes no risks and just does enough to stay active.

Maia got robbed too

Sheilds grappling is boring! he takes no risks and just does enough to stay active.

Maia got robbed too

No, their fight was a Grappler's Delight. Shields correctly got a 3-2 decision in BRAZIL. I thought the judges were going to give it to Maia but they correctly awarded Shields the decision.

Jake Sheilds couldn't outstrike women in the ufc the only chance he has of winning a fight is layin and prayin

Jake Shields vs Rousimar Palhares.

Will a win for Shields sign him into UFC again, or will the fact that he becomes WSOF champ stop it in some way?

jake_shields_head.png

i

Can't make every fight and timing and injuries and such come into play. I agree that it's a good fight though. I think Shields is going to take it but we'll see. I don't foresee either guy returning to the UFC, but never say never in this game. Cro Cop is back for a 3rd time and Rampage is back for his second so who knows

Neither one of these guys should have been cut

I find shields boring as all hell, but the dude is very good. If he had any finishing ability (at ufc level) or any desire to fight in an exciting fashion (ie faberesque on the ground) he'd still be around
Agreed.

Shields is boring in MMA, but fun in grappling fights, but he's a very good fighter.

Tapping Fitch and Shields back to back would be pretty dam inpressive.

If the winner of this fight finishes their contract without losing they will get an offer from the ufc

Back