WSOF making the fight UFC should have made.

Moral Victory

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Jake Shields vs Rousimar Palhares.

Will a win for Shields sign him into UFC again, or will the fact that he becomes WSOF champ stop it in some way?

jake_shields_head.png

i

If he subs Palhares, he might be deemed exciting enough to return.

A decision will just cement both their graves with the UFC.

Who says he wants to return?

With the way sponsors are going to be handled and the fact he will never be champ,Shields would more then likely be better off in wsof,or one fc

Neither one of these guys should have been cut

I find shields boring as all hell, but the dude is very good. If he had any finishing ability (at ufc level) or any desire to fight in an exciting fashion (ie faberesque on the ground) he'd still be around

Yeah. When Dana says they "make the fights the fans want" it's clear bullshit. Everyone was clamoring for Shields vs Palhares and Dana couldn't get it done...

yeah this is a good one,i think palhares will win,but itll be fun to see if shields can avoid this fate

Who says he wants to return?

With the way sponsors are going to be handled and the fact he will never be champ,Shields would more then likely be better off in wsof,or one fc

Maybe. I'm the UFC, Shields beat Woodley and Maia earning $150k in disclosed pay for each fight. When he lost to Lombard, he made $75K.

In WSoF, Shields recently beat Foster for $65K in disclosed pay.

Unless Shields can make more money in sponsorships with a lesser popular organization in WSoF - despite the Reebok deal, which only limits a fighter's sponsors inside the cage (and maybe days before a fight? Not sure) Shields will probably make more money losing in the UFC than winning in WSoF.

As for OneFC, yes, he may actually make more money in that organization.

Palhares should still be getting top 5 type fights in the UFC but he's his own worst enemy with that dirty shit

Calling it now: Palhares by leg lock.

bump this thread later.

I hope Toquinho gets a shot to the UFC belt soon enough, if they wait to much to bring him back he will be to old to be in a tittle fight. He deserves at least this before he retires.

Shields is boring and not top 5 and Paul Harris comes off to me as a legal liability. Judging purely by skill, yeah, they both belong in the UFC. Judging by business sense, or even just common sense, Shields is just 'meh' and Mr. Harris is probably just not worth the headache.

Edit: it may not even be that Toqhuino is a legal liability. His propensity to actually injure other marketable fighters to the point that they are shelved for a year+, or even unable to fight at a high level ever again makes him a serious business liability, too.

Neither of the will be back. Their good where they are for everyone concerned.

Maybe, or just maybe Shields defends the leglocks and lays on him for 5 rounds winning an incredibly boring UD.

He doesn't have the power to put Palhares away, and I don't think he has the submission ability (but anything is possible)

Back