WSOF 33 - Gaethje vs Dugulubgov - Kansas City

In his last fight he struggled against an opponent who would likely get mopped by Abubakar, and it's a pretty tough matchup in general for him

Yeah, I need to watch his last fight (though not looking forward to it), but to me strikers seem the tougher matchup for him.

Yeah, I need to watch his last fight (though not looking forward to it), but to me strikers seem the tougher matchup for him.
Would generally agree. The striking was what bothered Howard in his last fight. But as long as Abubakar continues developing his skills like he has, it's very possible he will a bad matchup in the sense he fights very similar to Howard, just better at those strengths and has the athletic upside

Abubaker did not look good against Davis. If he fights like that vs. Howard, it's a very close fight.

Abubaker did not look good against Davis. If he fights like that vs. Howard, it's a very close fight.

the trouble is, howard is on the downslope. he was 1-4 in his last 5 (only win a split vs cathal) including being ko'd a couple times in that stretch (previously known as a very durable guy)... and he didn't look good AT ALL in his wsof debut. i wasn't even sure who was gonna get the decision, don't let "unanimous" fool you if anyone didn't watch it. it was way too close for comfort if you laid that juice on howard.

the trouble is, howard is on the downslope. he was 1-4 in his last 5 (only win a split vs cathal) including being ko'd a couple times in that stretch (previously known as a very durable guy)... and he didn't look good AT ALL in his wsof debut. i wasn't even sure who was gonna get the decision, don't let "unanimous" fool you if anyone didn't watch it. it was way too close for comfort if you laid that juice on howard.
Yes, this. If Howard's opponent didn't have a cardio dump after one round, it was looking like he was the better fighter

0.5u foster +125
0.675u foster-buscape O1.5 -135

don't see how i'd lose both plays... (firmino early stoppage super unlikely)

that's it so far... wanna see some movement and wanna see props...

they already happen?
Yes, I couldn't figure out how to embed the video. The champions and challengers made weight for the two title fights. Zeferino/High was at a 160 pound catchweight for some reason.

Yes, I couldn't figure out how to embed the video. The champions and challengers made weight for the two title fights. Zeferino/High was at a 160 pound catchweight for some reason.
Smh, catchweight definitely favors Zef as the seemingly bigger dude

so i have the foster ML & O1.5.. thinking if it's U1.5 it's gonna be foster... but if firmino wins it'd be O1.5... but decent chance i basically go 1-1 on the two plays..

i kinda wanna do zeferino +165 & the O2.5 -155, but it prolly pushes with either zef early sub or high decision...

ahhh, this is why we need props!

been thinking about this one all day.. i'm going with high-zeferino O2.5 -155. i think it's MOSTLY similar to a bet on high but at 35 cents cheaper. (high presently -190)

zeferino is really not very easy to finish. his only relevant losses after the start of his career were 3 decisions (one five rounder) and the late 2nd tko to foster.. which was his THIRD fight of the night, i don't hold that against him whatsoever. high has subbed a couple guys who are nowhere near zef's level of bjj and he's ko'd a couple gassed dudes and chinny dudes. i think high is gonna ride this one out in top position for 3 rounds avoiding subs.

if zeferino catches him in a leglock, well, credit to him. i see it being unlikely w/high's tree trunk legs.

I'm going against the grain and taking Firmino against Foster (granted, I have never won a bet in a Foster fight).

Obviously decisions favor Firmino heavily (and, despite Foster's record, I think they are somewhat likely in this spot), and I actually think he has a better chance of finishing here. He's never been KOed, and Buscape is the type of grappler who is very conservative and relies on brain farts, which Foster is prone to. Also, I don't trust Foster's get-ups.

I'm taking Howard as well. I just don't see why I shouldn't bet a +300 in a fight that I know is gonna be close.

I'm going against the grain and taking Firmino against Foster (granted, I have never won a bet in a Foster fight).

Obviously decisions favor Firmino heavily (and, despite Foster's record, I think they are somewhat likely in this spot), and I actually think he has a better chance of finishing here. Buscape is the type of grappler who is very conservative and relies on brain farts, which Foster is prone to. Also, I don't trust Foster's get-ups.

I'm taking Howard as well. I just don't see why I shouldn't bet a +300 in a fight that I know is gonna be close.
only reason i haven't bet howard yet is because his price keeps improving & it will further with reduced juice tomorrow

he's a no-brainer bet here. much higher level opponent than abu has faced. he could put abu on his back. he could clip him. i do think howard is declining a bit but these odds are kinda nuts.

Parlayed Branch w/ Bisping. Lightest weekend of fights in a long time for me

howard is up to +355. good enough for me. could it go higher? yea, i guess it could. but willing to take this price in case it's the highest.

genuinely think it's a must play, even if only a small play, for volume bettors. could he get outwrestled? sure. +355, tho? when abu hasn't fought anyone? the best guy abu's fought is mustafaev (where the heck has he been in the ufc?? no fights this year..) -- anyway, he lost in the first round to him.

if abu wasn't related to khabib, this would be waaaaaaaaay lower. hell, maybe even low -100's.

Back