WSOF 22: Palhares vs. Shields 10:30PM ET Main Card/8PM ET Prelims DISCUSSION

Don't be obtuse. You know Palhares was gouging his eyes for "all the damage from the bottom". Being on the bottom will become quite advantageous if you can claw at somebody's eyes for 2 rounds with no repercussions.

Not impressive when the majority of the 'damage' comes from blatant cheating, but hey, I would expect such from someone with a Palhares av.

I wasn't even talking about the eye gouging. Am I the only one who saw the PUNCHES and ELBOWS Palhares threw? You know, the ones that cut Jake open.

I wasn't even talking about the eye gouging. Am I the only one who saw the PUNCHES and ELBOWS Palhares threw? You know, the ones that cut Jake open.

Oh I saw them all right, I also saw the eye gouging that was likely more damaging, there's a reason why a guy with his AV and a guy who's location is "Brazil, a few miles from home" are the only two defending him.

and people keep defending this guy for some reason.

He's never getting back in UFC, he should be cut by WSOF imo but Bellator would just sign him.

There is something wrong with him. Thsi isnt once or twice, he's done this about 8 times in mma/bjj nad even after losing his job he still does it every single fight.

Shields tapped like 10 times and Mazz went to stop it and he still cranked it.

Sorry but you dont see anyone else in mma doing this. Dont care if he's good or not, he's dirty and should be dealt with.

It was literally 1.5 seconds he held the sub. He isn't in the UFC, so I know he must go down.. But seriously, the dude is entertaining, and it's just a bit closer to 'as real as it gets' when Palhares is in there. I'm sure you have been talking about how you have bought the UFC ppv tonight, why don't you just watch that and not worry about these guys that won't be back in the UFC.

I'm not saying it was a "clean" win or anything. that doesn't matter. Its a fucking fight. Jake is a well trained martial artist and if he's afraid of taking damage, he can get a desk job. Palhares is one of, if not the, best welterweight on earth.

I'm not saying it was a "clean" win or anything. that doesn't matter. Its a fucking fight. Jake is a well trained martial artist and if he's afraid of taking damage, he can get a desk job. Palhares is one of, if not the, best welterweight on earth.

Did you miss the Lombard fight?

Jake had no complaint about the sub only the eye pokes.

He said the sub was legitimate as in it is a legitimate hold. Varner phrased the question as to ask Shields if the submission itself was legitimate. I doubt Shields would have hit him if Palhares let go when he should have, despite the eye gouges. He did complain about the cranking/holding it too long and that led to him hitting Palhares after the bell.

I don't mind Shields hitting him. It's not like Daley hitting Kos. Palhares kept going after it was over, so did Jake.

Oh I saw them all right, I also saw the eye gouging that was likely more damaging, there's a reason why a guy with his AV and a guy who's location is "Brazil, a few miles from home" are the only two defending him.
I never defended his cheating, even called him out for it earlier in the thread. You simply can't deny Palhares is a top fighter, to do so is foolish.

But I'd be mad if I was a Cruz fan too, all those torn knees probably gives you some kind of post traumatic stress.

giphy.gif

Fights that go over a round rarely are 'clean' anyway. Shit, even Jake was eyepoking the hell out of GSP.

He ain't the best. Look at his losses. There's some Purina between his ears. :icon_lol:

I never defended his cheating, even called him out for it earlier in the thread. You simply can't deny Palhares is a top fighter, to do so is foolish.

But I'd be mad if I was a Cruz fan too, all those torn knees probably gives you some kind of post traumatic stress.

Can't be too mad as a Cruz fan. Sure the injuries are unfortunate, but he is already the GOAT in his division, not to mention the fact that he is an outstanding analyst.

The fact that he isn't a scumbag helps too.

Sure Palhares is skilled, but he'll never get a chance to show that he's the best in the world because he'll never be back in the UFC. And rightfully so, the guy is an embarrassment to the sport. Plain and simple.

He said the sub was legitimate as in it is a legitimate hold. Varner phrased the question as to ask Shields if the submission itself was legitimate. I doubt Shields would have hit him if Palhares let go when he should have, despite the eye gouges. He did complain about the cranking/holding it too long and that led to him hitting Palhares after the bell.

I don't mind Shields hitting him. It's not like Daley hitting Kos. Palhares kept going after it was over, so did Jake.

When he was asked about hitting him after the bell he mentioned the reason as 'getting gouged in the eyes 8X, and how hes never been gouged even once in any of his other fights'

He also called the sub a 'legit submission'. I dont think it bothered him at all.

One more thing.. The guy they have doing interviews can't speak. It was embarrassing an I ha to change the channel. He was Tito in there. GONE please. I'm sure he can do something else. Could be a great guy, said 'congrats on the Victoria' lol.. Gone.

It was literally 1.5 seconds he held the sub. He isn't in the UFC, so I know he must go down.. But seriously, the dude is entertaining, and it's just a bit closer to 'as real as it gets' when Palhares is in there. I'm sure you have been talking about how you have bought the UFC ppv tonight, why don't you just watch that and not worry about these guys that won't be back in the UFC.

Oh so 1.5 seconds is ok. If this was first time I'd say ok, shit happens, but this is what, 8th time in mma/bjj but idiots like you defending him.

and Yeah I bought UFC and I half watched WSOF between fights. And must go down?

Funny since I said the same shit when he was doing it in UFC, this has nothing to do with his skill or ranking, its about him being a dirty fighter.

I wish he didnt do dumb shit and wasnt a dirty fighter cause he'd still be in UFC and there would be nothing to take away from his wins.

He just cant help himself, every single fight has some controversy.

Palhares is a POS but hes best WW outside UFC and I'd put in back of top 10 in WW div.

Back