WSOF 22: Palhares vs. Shields 10:30PM ET Main Card/8PM ET Prelims DISCUSSION

Off topic of the craziness that happened, subbing Shields and Fitch back to back is impressive. Too bad we can't see current Palhares vs current Maia at 170.

One of the greatest matches i've seen in a long time, with probably the best submission dude out there. IMO Palhares > Maia submissions.

And here you have a bunch of dudes crying and crying and crying like their sister is being raped!!! Palhares is on some GOAT status. He on some Rousey status only doing it against the most bonafide dudes out there!!!

Y'all dont respect the highest skill level in MMA(subs)!!! I bet he is a MASTER at a bunch of other subs too.

Palhares is GO-D!!!!! honestly i like Ben askren but i would literally bet 1000's of dollars that Palhares subs him in a 5 rounder!!!

The only cryptonite i see for him is Hector Lombard @ 170. the others arent qualified for his BJJ. @ 170 he is too much!!!!!

One of the greatest matches i've seen in a long time, with probably the best submission dude out there. IMO Palhares > Maia submissions.

And here you have a bunch of dudes crying and crying and crying like their sister is being raped!!! Palhares is on some GOAT status. He on some Rousey status only doing it against the most bonafide dudes out there!!!

Y'all dont respect the highest skill level in MMA(subs)!!! I bet he is a MASTER at a bunch of other subs too.

Palhares is GO-D!!!!! honestly i like Ben askren but i would literally bet 1000's of dollars that Palhares subs him in a 5 rounder!!!

The only cryptonite i see for him is Hector Lombard @ 170. the others arent qualified for his BJJ. @ 170 he is too much!!!!!

Anyone who can strike and is prepared and able to keep the fight standing (like, off the top of my head, the current UFC champion), is well-equipped to fuck Palhares' shit up.

Anyone who can strike and is prepared and able to keep the fight standing (like, off the top of my head, the current UFC champion), is well-equipped to fuck Palhares' shit up.

lmao at keeping it standing. Palhares is just as dangerous pulling guard or dropping for a leg as he is actually getting the takedown.

Who do y'all pick at this time Palhares or Ben Askren???

lmao at keeping it standing. Palhares is just as dangerous pulling guard or dropping for a leg as he is actually getting the takedown.

Are you saying that you would seriously pick Palhares over Robbie Lawler?

Yes i think there are ways to get Lawlor to the ground, on the ground i dont believe his sub defense is enough. But yeah strong wrestler with elite take down defense as Lawlor and heavy knockout potential are Rousimars only treat. Johny hendricks, Lawlor, and Lombard(eventhough the Okami match proved there are ways to take him down) are palhares cryptonite. Maybe GSP also stand a chance. To me all those fights are 50-50, if it is a 5-rounder!!!

ones again Ben Askren vs Palhares who y'all got?

First of all Clifford Starks is a 185lbs fighter! Kyle was a huge Heavyweight! and was one of the most feared strikers in the Division......Starks literally got the fight on 5 days notice! OUT OF SHAPE and way under sized........he f=ing out struck a huge striker...........Clifford is the next big thing.. Mark my workds

God i hate uneducated fans and even worse sherdog idiots...........

First of all Clifford Starks is a 185lbs fighter! Kyle was a huge Heavyweight! and was one of the most feared strikers in the Division......Starks literally got the fight on 5 days notice! OUT OF SHAPE and way under sized........he f=ing out struck a huge striker...........Clifford is the next big thing.. Mark my workds

Trying to be funny, isnt Palhares undefeated @ 170?!?! the only thing Palhares has to focus on is how to deal with dudes who throw big bombs and how to take those guys to the ground. I think he is better than Maia in bringing fighters to the ground and i repeat i think his subs are better @ 170. Maybe i was going too far with my GSP statement as GSP is GOAT, but the current fighters in the UFC in a 5 rounder is 50-50. Guys who throw big bombs dont win all fights. Look at Mayweather and how he gets his Ws.

God i hate uneducated fans and even worse sherdog idiots...........

Dont get mad dude i didnt say he is the best @ MW, But he is one of the bigger dudes in weight @ 170 and its working out great. you might think that dudes like Lawlor and Hendricks cant be defeated by Palhares, i'm not so sure. you probably think they beat Palhares 10 times out of 10, i dont.

To say i'm uneducated, goes a bit too far. Lawlor has been taken to the ground enough times IMO.

Wonder which promotion wilk pick up this lunatic now.

He will be relegated to the minor circuits.

Doubt it. He is their highest ranked guy and one of their biggest draws.

If the AC's do something than he will probably go to 1C: Paul Harris v Askren!

Doubt it. He is their highest ranked guy and one of their biggest draws.

If the AC's do something than he will probably go to 1C: Paul Harris v Askren!

on the official agenda the AC will discuss just a temporary suspension apparently, I think he won't go anywhere after all

Back