Wrestling Girls for High School

wow thanks for the help. Even though its only been about 3 weeks since i started wrestling coach wants me to wrestle in our first tournament in 2 weeks. I need to cut down like 3-5 pounds. Any tips i heard about Plastics (Sauna Suits) I know they are illegal but do any of u use them or used to. Does anyone know the consequence if the school finds out?

satchmo said:
Damn man, thats nuts. What year did you graduate? I remember one year (1999?) you guys were stacked and put a beating on us and one of the better teams in Indiana, Bellmont, and then the next year it seemed like there was a huge drop off.

I was a freshman when she was a senior and I graduated in 2005. Yeah they were stacked in 1999 they took 3rd in Illinois(A pretty solid state for wrestling). A bunch of good seniors. One of them won state and another holds many of Maine West's records despite coming up short at the state tourney.

Inge T said:
Just treat her like you'd treat anyone else - go in there to win the match, and my best tip is to try to relax and breathe well, so that you won't gas. There's no shame in losing to a girl; if she's better than you, then so be it. If you lose and your friends mock you, just remember that they'd lose far, far worse if they had dared to put their sorry ass on the mat.
I agree with this. I have a question. Since a woman's skeletal structure is shaped differently than a man's, do girls have an advantage or disadvantage with different moves? I believe they generally have better balance than us guys but I'm not 100% certain of this.

El Tiburon said:
What the idiots on the schoolboard overlook is the reprocussions on the psyche of both Girls and boys.

Should the boy lose he will get totally lambasted by his peers.

If the girl gets fondled (and it will happen) how is she going to feel.

I say this is a bad situation that can be done away with.

Two words. Title Nine.

We have a girl on our team and she's actually pretty solid. Decent wrestler, but incredibly difficult to pin. The girls lack in strength but are incredibly flexible.

ur a man/boy and as a man u gotta show her who the man is in this wrestling match. outmuscle her 100% unless ur unconfident that ur stronger than her than its a toss up depending how good ur wrestling toolbox is. dont underestimate her though. I dont think she planned on joining to be beat by alot of guys. do ur best and if u lose well what can u do dont worry about it.

My brother's coach used to advise his wrestlers to "Grind their face into the mat, then tech them in the 3rd." Do the same.

Even though its only been about 3 weeks since i started wrestling coach wants me to wrestle in our first tournament in 2 weeks.

Thats how it is. Wrestlers compete. Always.

if she owns you challenge her to a training match jujitsu rules and own her.

bjjfighter91 said:
wow thanks for the help. Even though its only been about 3 weeks since i started wrestling coach wants me to wrestle in our first tournament in 2 weeks. I need to cut down like 3-5 pounds. Any tips i heard about Plastics (Sauna Suits) I know they are illegal but do any of u use them or used to. Does anyone know the consequence if the school finds out?

It's three to five pounds!! Take a shit, and dont' drink any water until after the weigh in!!

Jesus, from getting the shit kicked out of you by a girl to dieting advice... You sure you're not a female yourself with all this nonsense?

You don't need a sauna suit to cut 5 pounds. Skip breakfast, bring some power bars to the meet. Start weighing yourself in the morning, an see how close you are to the weight. If need be, bring a jump rope to the meet, and do that for a bit.

Better yet, bring a hula hoop.

No ive never wrestled a chick ...on the matt atleast but ive wrestled a guy with tits , pinned him in like 18 seconds, anyway fuck that sauna suit shit u can drop 3-5 pounds in a day easy, just stick on a strict diet and run your ass off dont eat anything b4 the way inif its at night if it is in the morning lose a little more weight than u have to and have a carb dinner and light breakfast

bjjfighter91 said:
Ok im 14 weigh around 108 and im going to wrestle at 103. I found out that theres a girl who is in my weight catagory. And i never wrestled before except Bjj for 2 months ( honestly i think it hurt me more than helped me with wrestling) And idk if i lost i'd be pretty depressed. Anybody else had these problems?

Well, if she's more experienced than you, and you never wrestled before, you very well might lose. I'm assuming you're stronger than her, so maybe working on a good headlock would do the trick. Is she on your team or another? If she's on yours, dont worry about having to beat her.

I had the privelege of going through high school never facing a girl, but many of my teammates did and they dominated them.

bjjfighter91 said:

Bro, 3-5 pounds is nothing. Don't mess around with garbage bags, plastic suits, or any of that sauna crap. My senior year I started at a big 130 and wrestled 112 for regionals, and I never set foot in a sauna or anything.

Just practice hard, run at night, and weigh in early the next morning. Don't eat or drink much the night before, and monitor your weight closely. The day of the tourney after you weigh in, rehydrate yourself and eat something, but not a lot.

stephensharp said:
It's three to five pounds!! Take a shit, and dont' drink any water until after the weigh in!!

Jesus, from getting the shit kicked out of you by a girl to dieting advice... You sure you're not a female yourself with all this nonsense?

You don't need a sauna suit to cut 5 pounds. Skip breakfast, bring some power bars to the meet. Start weighing yourself in the morning, an see how close you are to the weight. If need be, bring a jump rope to the meet, and do that for a bit..
He's 14, how about you go a bit easier on him? Besides, I assume that's his morning weight so skipping breakfast isn't going to do it.

My advice (and I'm far from a weight cutting expert) is to stick to lean meats like chicken and avoid salt and sugar for a few days before the weigh in. The night before the weigh in don't drink anything. If you're more than 3 pounds away sleep in a sweat suit or something that will help you sweat all night.

Maybe the real pros will have more to offer.

krackerkorn said:
I can only tell you what my High School coach told us 10 years ago, "If you're gonna wrestle a girl, win. But don't be an idiot and pin her in the first period. Some of you idiots won't get that close to a girl again for years"

:D thats so great

stephensharp said:

You don't need a sauna suit to cut 5 pounds. Skip breakfast, bring some power bars to the meet. Start weighing yourself in the morning, an see how close you are to the weight. If need be, bring a jump rope to the meet, and do that for a bit.

Better yet, bring a hula hoop.

yo fuck you im 108 pounds 5 '6 5 pounds is a lot for a skinny bitch like me. I mean if i was overweight like you it would be a diff story. You losing five pounds from ur fat ass is like me losing 10 pounds.

p.s thanks for backing me up vanguard_anon

Back