Wrestling Girls for High School

bjjfighter91

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Ok im 14 weigh around 108 and im going to wrestle at 103. I found out that theres a girl who is in my weight catagory. And i never wrestled before except Bjj for 2 months ( honestly i think it hurt me more than helped me with wrestling) And idk if i lost i'd be pretty depressed. Anybody else had these problems?

I can only tell you what my High School coach told us 10 years ago, "If you're gonna wrestle a girl, win. But don't be an idiot and pin her in the first period. Some of you idiots won't get that close to a girl again for years"

Lol, that reminds me of the time back in HS when our freshman 103 pounder wrestled some girl who was a nationally ranked judo player. His ass got tossed and pinned in about 30 seconds and he never heard the end of it. Honestly, if the girl has wrestled a lot more than you, she probably has way better technique. Your best bet would be to try to muscle her into some sort of throw and pin her. I wouldn't feel too bad about getting beat, there is getting to be a lot of tough female wrestlers.

I had a thread in this forum not long ago about grappling with girls in my BJJ class. It bothered me at first but I found a solution.

The best thing to do is manhandle her and break her spirit. If you pin her in 30 seconds fine, if you play with her like a cat playing with a mouse fine also. One thing is for certain get into her head that this is not rolling around naked with her boyfriend in bed. I believe that girls have bo business bieng on the mat with guys in HS/College/Boys & Girls Club wrestling. I say teach her a lesson.

If you lose then send me a Private message. I know a couple Psychiatrists that may be able to help.

satchmo said:
Lol, that reminds me of the time back in HS when our freshman 103 pounder wrestled some girl who was a nationally ranked judo player. His ass got tossed and pinned in about 30 seconds and he never heard the end of it. Honestly, if the girl has wrestled a lot more than you, she probably has way better technique. Your best bet would be to try to muscle her into some sort of throw and pin her. I wouldn't feel too bad about getting beat, there is getting to be a lot of tough female wrestlers.

What the idiots on the schoolboard overlook is the reprocussions on the psyche of both Girls and boys.

Should the boy lose he will get totally lambasted by his peers.

If the girl gets fondled (and it will happen) how is she going to feel.

I say this is a bad situation that can be done away with.

Just do your best. If you win, good. If you lose just play it cool and explain that you're new to wrestling. In a few months you'll get better and earn their respect. It's harder to haze a guy that stays humble. (Although I admit that kids have a knack for hazing anybody for a *long* time.)

satchmo said:

What high school was she from? We used to have a girl on our wrestling team that was nationally ranked at Judo. She was built and put together a very good record.

If the girl gets fondled (and it will happen) how is she going to feel.

Pretty good, because most likely she will win.

I hate girls on a wrestling team. I believed i kicked three girls out of my team in high school, these girls fucked around and flirted with the guys distracting them. Ofcourse in high school these guys are drooling over the chance to wrestle a girl.

The funny part is that i had sex with all three girls after kicking them out when they supposebly "hated" me. haha funny high school years.

No shame losing to a girl.... ah fuck it the fate of MANkind is depending on you to win, you cant lose to a girl!!!!! j/k Go hard on her.

bjjfighter91 said:
Ok im 14 weigh around 108 and im going to wrestle at 103. I found out that theres a girl who is in my weight catagory. And i never wrestled before except Bjj for 2 months ( honestly i think it hurt me more than helped me with wrestling) And idk if i lost i'd be pretty depressed. Anybody else had these problems?
Just treat her like you'd treat anyone else - go in there to win the match, and my best tip is to try to relax and breathe well, so that you won't gas.

There's no shame in losing to a girl; if she's better than you, then so be it. If you lose and your friends mock you, just remember that they'd lose far, far worse if they had dared to put their sorry ass on the mat.

Treat her like any other oppoenent. There is a chick I roll with that is outweighed by 55 lbs by me. She has a TIGHT guard and she tends to catch me in chokes all the time. Don't give them slack because they are girls. They WILL take advantage of you if you let them.

SuperCubsFan said:
What high school was she from? We used to have a girl on our wrestling team that was nationally ranked at Judo. She was built and put together a very good record.

It was an IL team, we wrestled them at the Valparaiso Duals, I think their name was _______ West.

bjjfighter91 said:

Yes. I'm 14 and am built like a girl, too.

HIT THE WEIGHTS AND MOVE UP!!

I'm joking around. At least you are really a 14 year old asking this question, I was tired of the supposed adults crying about it.

I'v egot no advice for you, because you don't know anything yet anyway. Just wrestle.

This is competition. Take her out as you would try to do with any opponent. If you can, try to watch her wrestle and get to know her style. You go out there and you beat her. If you lose, make it be because she was better than you on that day rather than because you were 'distracted' by her being female. Losing to someone because you couldn't focus is more 'depressing' than losing to someone who is legitimately better than you.

BC.

satchmo said:
It was an IL team, we wrestled them at the Valparaiso Duals, I think their name was _______ West.

Yeah, that is what I thought. Maine West. It is a small world. Your friend had no reason to feel bad she did that to alot of guys. Some times they actually refused to fight her and forefit the weight class to us.

Just make sure you shake her hand and thank her for the lesson after she beats you.

bjjfighter91 said:
I think people should just get over the fear of losing, regardless if it's to a female or not. If you are so worried about getting your feelings hurt by losing to a girl, you shouldn't be competing in the first place.

SuperCubsFan said:
Yeah, that is what I thought. Maine West. It is a small world. Your friend had no reason to feel bad she did that to alot of guys. Some times they actually refused to fight her and forefit the weight class to us.

Damn man, thats nuts. What year did you graduate? I remember one year (1999?) you guys were stacked and put a beating on us and one of the better teams in Indiana, Bellmont, and then the next year it seemed like there was a huge drop off.

Wrestle her for the wrestler she is, not the girl. If she

Back