wrestling and bjj conditioning tips and advice

M

mmamichael13**

just looking for any training tips or advice on what works best for other wrestlers, grapplers. Conditioning, strength training exercises, etc.:icon_chee

Wow, this has never been discussed before.

Conditioning is conditioning.

Do all of them, push your intensity harder each week, ect...

Whatever makes you out of breath, do it more and more.

Conditioning is conditioning.

Do all of them, push your intensity harder each week, ect...

Whatever makes you out of breath, do it more and more.

Do you have any examples or links you recommend to look at?

Running seems to be one of the best things you can do for conditioning. I hate it, and I think many people hate to do it, but it just pain and simply works. Check out this article I posted on World Extreme Fighter about running to build MMA fighting endurance.

Make sure you add in lots of curls and crunches in your routine. Try to superset them, ie do 10 curls then do 20 crunches, get up and do curls, get down and do crunches etc. You'll get mad jacked.

Running seems to be one of the best things you can do for conditioning. I hate it, and I think many people hate to do it, but it just pain and simply works. Check out this article I posted on World Extreme Fighter about running to build MMA fighting endurance.

It's also the worse thing you can do for your knees and ankles. So be sure to have good running shoes and run on a treadmill. I know this is not the best case scenario. We used to run 3 mile warm ups in my thai boxing class downtown on concrete *shudder*. I don't even want to think what that was doing to my joints. Now I only run on a treadmill, but still you can incorporate hill climbing, sprinting, long distance and save your joints for when you are old.

Make sure you add in lots of curls and crunches in your routine. Try to superset them, ie do 10 curls then do 20 crunches, get up and do curls, get down and do crunches etc. You'll get mad jacked.

Hell yeah. I was reading on a website about killer mma workouts 'n shit so I do mad fartlek curls & crunches they were talking about so I look sweet at the club. No one's doing shit like me.
And I do them tabata crunches on my https://www.redexerciser.com/home.aspx

I am shredded.

Hey, sorry to bring this beast back from the dead.
Im gunna be starting BJJ within the next week and as of right now, I have nothing but time.
Now the gym I plan on going to only offers one class a day (with one exception) unless they just dont advertise for the advanced classes. Anyways, I want to commit myself to BJJ fully while I have this time but I can imagine how tired/sore Ill be after the first class.
In order to build up my conditioning for grappling, do you suggest I drag myself to the gym everyday right off the bat in order to aclimatize myself to it or is it best to go maybe 3 times a week for the first couple weeks and work my way up.

Thanks!

i agree with bdan except that i would go every day, and maybe only roll 3 days a week. do technique every day. increases skill level and acts as active recovery. if you're really dead, just go watch.

Back