WRESTLE KINGDOM 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dunno about your team name, GLEAT, Cima.

Definition of gleet
: a chronic inflammation (such as gonorrhea) of a bodily orifice usually accompanied by an abnormal discharge also : the discharge itself.

Of course he can still go but Okada is a near lock winning at WK because he almost never loses at the events it takes away the suspense imo.

For what it's worth, I wanted Shingo to win and him losing is one of the reasons I'm cancelling my sub.

That whole "more of the same" shit.

Dunno about your team name, GLEAT, Cima.

Definition of gleet
: a chronic inflammation (such as gonorrhea) of a bodily orifice usually accompanied by an abnormal discharge also : the discharge itself.

GLEAT is a dope promotion that CIMA and the other Strong Hearts T-Hawk and El Lindaman have been working for. Mix of regular prowrestling matches and UWF rules worked shoot matches. They put their shows up on Youtube channel if you're ever bored and need something to watch.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2PAyViYA-fin48Swq_QWig

I wanted Shingo to win, but I'm fine with Okada winning. Okada hasn't been in the spotlight for 2 years and has been putting people over in that time frame. It's fine bringing him back in the rotation to have another run.

Okada is in a weird spot, he's only 34 years old and he's easily the best overall talent in their company, they can't bench the guy cause he won a lot in the past, but I get why people are tired of "OkadawinsLOL"

I wanted Shingo to win, but I'm fine with Okada winning. Okada hasn't been in the spotlight for 2 years and has been putting people over in that time frame. It's fine bringing him back in the rotation to have another run.

Okada is in a weird spot, he's only 34 years old and he's easily the best overall talent in their company, they can't bench the guy cause he won a lot in the past, but I get why people are tired of "OkadawinsLOL"

As long as Okada beats Punk, should they have a match, it's whatever.

Holy shit this Chris guy never shuts the fuck up.

So the IWGP US title is basically the extreme title. ...that's defended in Japan.

Meanwhile the NJPW title that's defended in the US is the Strong Openweight championship.

giphy.gif

Random stringless guitar under the ring.

Kenta fell off that tall ass ladder and landed right on his face. What is this match?

Last edited:
NJPW must be really butthurt over Kenny Omega.

They barely mention the guy, and when they do it's in an underbreath manner.

They have no problem talking about Moxley, Archer, and other people in other orgs. But then there's kenny omega.

So the IWGP US title is basically the extreme title. ...that's defended in Japan.

Meanwhile the NJPW title that's defended in the US is the Strong Openweight championship.

giphy.gif

Random stringless guitar under the ring.

Kenta fell off that tall ass ladder and landed right on his face. What is this match?

I wonder if we finally get the Mox vs Tanahashi match at AEW Revolution.

Fun match to start off the show. Ishimori and El Phantasmo are easily my favourite thing about Bullet Club right now. Couldn't give any less of a shit about House of Torture.

Solid stuff in that Stardom match but I wish they got more than a 9 minute tag match. 2 nights of WK and that's all they get? They did everything in that match too prove they deserved more.

Fun short match next and I'm actually interested to see what Suzuki does with the KoPW trophy and what stipulations he can come up with. Nice to hear GLEAT and AEW get mentions on commentary too.

As I said I couldn't give any less of a shit about House of Torture. "This match features the good and the bad from night one of Wrestle Kingdom" I'd say mostly bad Kevin Kelly.

Two good matches in a row with wrestlers that night one really missed. Can always count on guys like Cobb, Naito, and Sanada to have good matches. Even O'Khan has gotten better. I am really surprised they had both UE members lose they. Feel like they really need a big win soon.

Who the fuck had the brilliant idea of using a ladder that takes 5 minutes to set up? <Lmaoo> other than that another fun match. Tanahashi looked like he was absolutely shitting himself on the top of that ladder as well. Hopefully KENTA is alright. Not sure what cut him open but it looked nasty.

I knew Ospreay would represent the Rev Pro belt as it's a New Japan title as well but it's great to see him holding the Warrior Wrestling title as well. Great promotion that deserves more attention.

Awesome main event. Better than last night imo. That Sasuke Special countered into a tombstone, that Storm Breaker from Okada, that Rainmaker counter into a Spanish Fly <{anton}>.

Still disappointed we didn't get Ospreay v Shingo again but it's hard to complain after this match.

Also you can say what you want about Ospreay's promos or his current gimmick, but you can't deny that what he does in the ring is incredible. Only 28 years old as well. He has such a bright future ahead of him.

The following post has about as much credibility as a typical wrestling "journalist" but I've seen many (as in at least one and at most two) comments from people elsewhere that "many people" are unsubbing from NJPW world solely because of House of Torture/Dick Togo.

So there's that.

If WK was one night this year and you took the best matches from each card you'd have an great 8 match card:
Okada v Ospreay
El Desperado v Hiromu Takahashi
Tanahashi v KENTA
CHAOS v Dangerous Tekkers
Shibata v Ren Narita
Naito v Cobb
SANADA v Great-O-Khan
Stardom tag match

If WK was one night this year and you took the best matches from each card you'd have an great 8 match card:
Okada v Ospreay
El Desperado v Hiromu Takahashi
Tanahashi v KENTA
CHAOS v Dangerous Tekkers
Shibata v Ren Narita
Naito v Cobb
SANADA v Great-O-Khan
Stardom tag match

What is this shit?

SHINGO TAKAGI???????

I really liked what I saw the last couple of days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back