WRESTLE KINGDOM 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Clinch

We want no war here, but that empire won't listen!
Platinum Member
Reaction score
wk16_0104_08.jpg

WRESTLE KINGDOM in TOKYO DOME
Start time: Jan 3 11:00 PM PST /// Jan 4 2:00 AM EST

Kickoff: New Japan Rambo Battle Royal
Participants TBA

Yoh vs. Sho

The Bullet Club (Kenta, El Phantasmo, Taiji Ishimori) vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi, Rocky Romero and Ryusuke Taguchi

Los Ingobernables de Japon (Sanada, Bushi, Tetsuya Naito) vs. United Empire (Will Ospreay, Jeff Cobb, Great-O-Khan)

Katsuyori Shibata vs. TBA

NEVER Openweight Title Match
Evil vs. Tomohiro Ishii (c)

IWGP Tag Team Titles Match
Chaos (Hirooki Goto, Yoshi-Hashi) vs. Dangerous Tekkers (Zack Sabre Jr., Taichi) (c)

IWGP Junior Heavyweight Title Match
Hiromu Takahashi vs. El Desperado (c)

IWGP World Heavyweight Title Match
Kazuchika Okada vs. Shingo Takagi (c)​

I know this is blasphemy, but I really disliked okada winning the g1 again, and getting this spot yet again.

I know injuries and covid mess things up, but njpw really just feels like its going through the motions

Day 3 is the day I'm most looking forward too as well. I don't really keep up to date with modern Noah but the prospect of seeing a card full of NJPW guys in fresh new matches is interesting.

I think they said that Japan is relaxing restrictions on attendence at the end of the month, so it's a shame that it comes a little late for this.

Hopefully Shibata's opponent is one worth getting excited for.

I'm expecting Okada to win both title matches. I guess we'll see if Ospreay's reign was intended to be transitional or if he was really meant to carry it for a while.

Hiromu and Desperado have been going to draws recently. I'm hoping they don't drag this one out too much.

NJPW have lost a little wind from their sails but I'll always look forward to Wrestle Kingdom. Audible crowds can't come back soon enough, though.

Shingo needs to go over and actually establish that new Championship. I'm gonna actually laugh if Okada wins and keeps wearing the v4 belt instead of the new belt.

El Desperado needs to go over because Hiromu is getting to Kushida levels of boring in that division and Hiromu needs to move up.

Dangerous Tekkers should keep their reign going, but they'll probably finally give Tacos a real title reign that's not the trios belts.

Ishii should go over because EVIL has been hot garbage since he broke away from LIJ

Hopefully Shibata gets a good surprise for an opponent like Ibushi. If not a surprise, someone like Suzuki would be cool.

For night 2, I don't care if it's Okada or Shingo, but either one needs to beat Ospreay. I like Will, but the guy hasn't been around because he was "homesick" and didn't want to do 10 day quarantines. Plus he didn't really pass the eye test for top guy World Champ material in that short run he had.

KENTA should go over Tana, I want to see Florida Man American Hero KENTA have a long run with the US Championship

Naito and Cobb should be good, Naito will probably get wrecked, cause Tokyo Dome lol

Only other match I care about is the Stardom match, it's cool they're getting a showcase at the Dome again.

I'mma watch this shit live, but I'm not as excited as usual. Travel restrictions and injuries have really messed things up for NJPW the last couple years, then pile on some questionable booking choices and it's a recipe for disaster.

Hope Shingo dominates both events.

Not a fan of the House of Torture being a part of Bullet Club, as I think Evil joining Bullet Club was basically the final nail in the coffin for the stable, but I see Evil winning tonight nonetheless.

Fan of Goto, hope he beats the other three guys for the tag belts. Taichi isn't bad.

El Desperado is bad ass, and hopefully gets the W tonight.

Shingo needs to go over and actually establish that new Championship. I'm gonna actually laugh if Okada wins and keeps wearing the v4 belt instead of the new belt.

El Desperado needs to go over because Hiromu is getting to Kushida levels of boring in that division and Hiromu needs to move up.

Dangerous Tekkers should keep their reign going, but they'll probably finally give Tacos a real title reign that's not the trios belts.

Ishii should go over because EVIL has been hot garbage since he broke away from LIJ

Hopefully Shibata gets a good surprise for an opponent like Ibushi. If not a surprise, someone like Suzuki would be cool.
since Shibata's match is no strikes, Suzuki would be cool but I would mark out if its Masa Funaki.

Not really interested this year.
Havnt really followed NJPW much the past year, NOAH - never really watched

Will tune in if anything good or intersting happens.

Still gonna be better than anything the Fed has done in forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back