• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Social WR Lounge V216 What about the eyepatch guy?

Should likes be purged again

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's his best stuff. The Soul Chipmunk sound and his early work with Jay Z.

That shit that you just posted up, wouldve never made the cut on the first 3 albums.
He went experimental and it's just not good or as good.
If u want to say as a personal fan you like that stuff go ahead, but as someone who follows Rap music, his first 3 albums were clearly his best. After his mom died his music got substantially worse

I'll grant that it's not his best complete album and it's not really even a rap album if you want to split hairs, but in terms of Kayne's career as a whole it easily contains the best songs he's ever made (a couple pretty shit ones too to be fair). That's his opinion and the opinion of many critics.

New Slaves, Hold My Liquor, Blood on the leaves are incredible songs.

He was atrocious live, the worse live show I have seen and I am including high school bands and battle of the bands type shows in that assessment

Last I heard he is actually clean and spends all his time being a dad or some shit like that

He obviously had no talent

I would be more interested in how he explains his shit to his kids than his rap music. Props to him if he's being a good dad though

20190530173008.jpg

Lmao...

I've kept it cool...since New Years. holy shit. this has gotta be a record.

and no infractions yet either!
@Lead you know what to do

I really don't get it

Its not like I'm telling you icp is the best of all time. Though they are underrated as hell for their actual abilities.

What's wrong with tech?

-He doesn't draw.
-His music doesn't sound good sonically.
-His wordplay isn't particularly deep.
-Suburban white kids have poisoned the well leading to him being the most overhyped underdelivering son of a bitch on this earth.

Pick one

The one song everyone loves has NO BARS. The fucking dude spends 7 minutes talking. Not a punchline, metaphor, ill rhyme, or flip in the whole shit. The most rap line in the entire song is "You're like Kevin Spacey, your style is usually suspect" and that may be the lamest metaphor in this entire galaxy.

When you have wordplay, you don't have to spend 7 minutes reading a fucking novel because you can can do that shit in 2:30 with bars. If you're putting out 10 minute tracks, they better be fucking heat.

Lu went for a minute longer than IT and packed literally 50x the amount of meaningful shit in that track. You could write an essay analyzing the shit Lu is spitting. With Tech all I gotta do is read the lyrics.

I just said something positive about ICP

@HockeyBjj pass me the faygo

I watched the interview they did with Vlad a while ago and they actually came across as really humble, genuine guys. I got such good vibes that I went back and gave their first record a shot.

It really was every bit as bad as I thought it would be.

This is a pretty wild story and explains how they were able to finance and own all their shit.

He obviously had no talent

I would be more interested in how he explains his shit to his kids than his rap music. Props to him if he's being a good dad though
No talent but he did know how to run a gimmick

Weirdest pm I've received but I'll probably answer him then

Also a heads up because I can't remember if this was the case when you were here last but the normal search function is fucking atrocious now. You need to use the Advanced Search function to find anything

Also a heads up because I can't remember if this was the case when you were here last but the normal search function is fucking atrocious now. You need to use the Advanced Search function to find anything

Yeah, the search function here is atrocious. I stayed gone for almost a year and a half. It's just extremely weird to get a pm like that asking me a million questions

-He doesn't draw.
-His music doesn't sound good sonically.
-His wordplay isn't particularly deep.
-Suburban white kids have poisoned the well leading to him being the most overhyped underdelivering son of a bitch on this earth.

Pick one

The one song everyone loves has NO BARS. The fucking dude spends 7 minutes talking. Not a punchline, metaphor, ill rhyme, or flip in the whole shit. The most rap line in the entire song is "You're like Kevin Spacey, your style is usually suspect" and that may be the lamest metaphor in this entire galaxy.

When you have wordplay, you don't have to spend 7 minutes reading a fucking novel because you can can do that shit in 2:30 with bars. If you're putting out 10 minute tracks, they better be fucking heat.

Lu went for a minute longer than IT and packed literally 50x the amount of meaningful shit in that track. You could write an essay analyzing the shit Lu is spitting. With Tech all I gotta do is read the lyrics.

How did I know there was going to be a racial component in there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back