• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Social WR lounge V 298 Do You Like...?

Do you like...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody chased me anywhere. If doing something isn't fun, I'm not going to waste my time doing it. Life is too short. Being on sherdog hasn't been fun so I stopped posting as much. Discord was the same. I didn't do a long good bye because I don't need the attention.

Roll, rest, repeat

Nobody chased me anywhere. If doing something isn't fun, I'm not going to waste my time doing it. Life is too short. Being on sherdog hasn't been fun so I stopped posting as much. Discord was the same. I didn't do a long good bye because I don't need the attention.
<RomeroSalute>

how can someone not like the taste of champagne? Especially if good champagne? It's got to be one of the biggest delights there is....

I'd get it to ya hot enough to sting your hand when I hand it over.... and l save it from sailing off the seat when I gotta slam the brakes cuz a fawn stepped into the road

When it comes to delivering pizza I am the best there is the best there was and the best there ever will be.
When I read this just now I felt a ripple in the Matrix. Somewhere out there Yorkist is feeling like he's been punched in the dick.

how can someone not like the taste of champagne? Especially if good champagne? It's got to be one of the biggest delights there is....
Depends. Ever have something minty, say from brushing your teeth, and then have orange juice? The chemical reaction results in an unpleasant taste (from what I understand of the phenomenon). I find the same applies to Champagne in certain circumstance--that is, after consuming certain other things, though I can't say right this moment what things. And yes, the quality certainly makes a difference. Cheap white wine in general can have what seems like a metallic taste to me.

He is a terrible person
Indeed. I am not making this up: I posted about how climate change was going to result in massive displacement and death of 10's of millions of people in places like Bangladesh, as sea live rise and insanely high temperatures make the land literally uninhabitable. Impossible to grow food in soil contaminated with salt, lacking infrastructure to prevent being killed by 50 degree temperatures, and it goes on and on, like in this much newer report:
https://unfccc.int/files/adaptation...ttee/application/pdf/ds_bangladesh_report.pdf

And stuff like this is not going get better before it gets worse,

https://ejfoundation.org/reports/climate-displacement-in-bangladesh
"Worldwide, climate change is destroying livelihoods, infrastructure and communities, forcing people from their homes, towns and even countries. In 2016 alone, extreme weather-related disasters displaced around 23.5 million people. This does not include the people forced to flee their homes as a consequence of slow-onset environmental degradation, such as droughts, sea level rise and melting permafrost. Bangladesh is on the frontline of these impacts."

So, it's bad. Really bad, and it's going to get worse. Something to keep in mind the next time the topic of accepting refugees in large numbers comes up. But I digress.

Point being, and tl;dr, after I said this, he said the world is overpopulated anyway and it would be best if we got rid of about 2 billion, and as long as it was other people in all these poor parts of the world he was fine with it, as long as he and his family were safe and sound in (I think Calgary) in Canada. And too bad about climate change.

Oh, and I don't mind saying, @Madmick's response that the idea of climate change causing displacement is a bullshit way of saying they want to move someplace better and come and take our jerbs, paints an ugly picture of him too.

<{cum@me}>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back