Social WR Lounge 308: RIP Bigwaverider.

What is more likely to happen?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is a constant state of cards, dubs and temps bans really contributing though?

There are posters here that have challenged posters to fight some have straight up threatened others here and experienced zero repercussions. While others have been banned for much less.

The inconsistency and obvious selective enforcement is what has empowered these posters in the first place. Letting them back after being banned is part of the problem. They won’t learn their lesson. It actually makes them feel untouchable. Which when the mods made a poster untouchable we saw how well that worked out.

They are going to make new accounts so the site isn’t going to lose their traffic. Force them to start again like the other posters that couldn’t behave had to do. Make them suffer the verbal slings and arrows of their behavior.
I mean, a poster doxed staff members and was allowed back.

FYI moved to the Lounge

Not to speak for mods, but in a nutshell, it seems there are too many shades of grey for yellow-double yellow-ban and there needed to be something in between dubs and perma ban because they're loathe to ban someone who has been active here for a long time. It's usually a month, but someone said he was back already. If that's the case he likely successfully argued against the ban decision or had someone go to bat for him among the mods.

Note this is all what I understand of their processes based upon what the mods have said here in the lounge. I invite correction if anything I said is inaccurate.

Generally the goal of moderation is not to have to ban people.
Typically a temp ban happens when you just accumulate enough concurrent points worth of infractions (10) to be automatically banned, and they expire when the points drop below that threshold (the default period for infractions is one month).
Actually banning outright a poster that has been here for going on 2 decades, even if they've only really been problematic for the last 2 years, is usually a final straw that has involved broad staff discussion, multiple chances and a "come to Jesus" discussion with the poster involved.
"Ban on sight" is usually what happens when posters are banned, take a break and return only to behave exactly the same. When they return for short periods after that, it's usually just because maintaining a ban on sight is difficult and labour intensive, and some trolls are incredibly persistent and long running.

The funniest is when a poster threatens to contact Crave and are explicitly told by a mod not to if they value posting on here. So they do it anyway and get banned. It's like the kid in grade school who says, "I dare you, I double dog dare you to hit me!" and someone hits him and he's like, "Why'd you hit me for?!"

The funniest is when a poster threatens to contact Crave and are explicitly told by a mod not to if they value posting on here. So they do it anyway and get banned. It's like the kid in grade school who says, "I dare you, I double dog dare you to hit me!" and someone hits him and he's like, "Why'd you hit me for?!"
sounds like i need to contact crave about the level of tolerance in the war room towards a certain type of proclivities.

Typically a temp ban happens when you just accumulate enough concurrent points worth of infractions (10) to be automatically banned, and they expire when the points drop below that threshold (the default period for infractions is one month).
Actually banning outright a poster that has been here for going on 2 decades, even if they've only really been problematic for the last 2 years, is usually a final straw that has involved broad staff discussion, multiple chances and a "come to Jesus" discussion with the poster involved.
"Ban on sight" is usually what happens when posters are banned, take a break and return only to behave exactly the same. When they return for short periods after that, it's usually just because maintaining a ban on sight is difficult and labour intensive, and some trolls are incredibly persistent and long running.

This post really doesn’t make much sense considering you have posters here that have postered under multiple banned accounts.

Oceanmachine and likely TCBK are is still currently posting here under a new names. I believe they both have at least one other banned account he was posting under in between. It’s really not that difficult to figure out who some of these posters are. OM latest account has openly wished for genocide while on dubs and no action took place.

This post really doesn’t make much sense considering you have posters here that have postered under multiple banned accounts.

Oceanmachine and likely TCBK are is still currently posting here under a new names. I believe they both have at least one other banned account he was posting under in between. It’s really not that difficult to figure out who some of these posters are. OM latest account has openly wished for genocide while on dubs and no action took place.
Did you report the post (s)?

Thanks for the clarification/correction.

I usually defend the mods here from the whining of others because I try to be realistic about your circumstances, but if you're supposed to be on thin ice and then you start doing hand stands holding ice picks... well, I'm of a different mind when it comes to how one should react to that regardless of tenure. I have never been in your position so it's nor for me to say what should happen--just expressing an opinion.

Just curious, though, did anyone have multiple come to Jesus meetings with Tonni?

I'm just saying how it works. Mostly it's a points based system with deference to longevity.
If posters sneak back in and lie low, that's a win in terms of moderation.
Maybe OM and TCK are back. Personally I'm not going to read the Meme thread, Covid protest thread or Transgender megathread unless posts are reported.
For that matter, there's a large swathe of posters whose posts I'd never read if not for reports. No ignore list as such, just a matter of associating avatars with posts that aren't worth reading when skimming threads.
Although even when a large group believes they know the identity of a poster, they are frequently wrong. Often because posters will imitate each other's online identities/gimmicks. A long list of "ripskaters" that weren't for instance.
Also if a poster moves across the country, creates a new profile and uses a different internet provider on a new PC, it'll be a while before we're satisfied about their identity.

Did you go for a walk outside today?
Sure did, there is plenty of trails in the area. Ive been way too busy to go on any multi day hikes this year. Im hoping ill have some time this fall.

LMAO!

I got banned from posting in the MEME Thread.
That's because you should be posting in a field somewhere.
field-fence-woven-wire-fencing-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back