Social WR Lounge 308: RIP Bigwaverider.

What is more likely to happen?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, if the crackdown leads to more habitual civility, it will not only improve the group, it will also improve the people here.

I wonder if these are temp bans to get these guys to behave when they come back. Which I would think is a waste of time iyam.

I wonder if these are temp bans to get these guys to behave when they come back. Which I would think is a waste of time iyam.
Why have temp bans as a warning? Isnt that cards are for?

It was a wonder either lasted as long as they did. It was just a matter of time. I just saw that mopar got it as well.
A hat trick? Really. Now, that's a high-scoring game. And the latter two accounts were pre-2010 IIRC.
I guess I need to go for my third puff of the evening to keep it level, even if I, myself, am no such thing.

Well, when you're a temp ban and you get temp banned again while you're still on double yellows from your last temp ban, then get let back in, someone is protecting you. So it will be interesting to see how this evolves. I strong reason to believe he will be allowed back if he isn't already though I can't say how.

Question

How many of you all read posters message with a specific voice assigned to them in your head? I recall @Jack V Savage did Simpson characters for a few of us. Does anyone else do it? And if so, how many people would you say have their own voice? I’m trying to think it through but I bet I only do it with maybe 10 profiles max so far.

(This is my first attempt in following up on revitalizing the lounge since pledging two weeks ago to help)

Question

How many of you all read posters message with a specific voice assigned to them in your head? I recall @Jack V Savage did Simpson characters for a few of us. Does anyone else do it? And if so, how many people would you say have their own voice? I’m trying to think it through but I bet I only do it with maybe 10 profiles max so far.
I'd say that's about the right number in my case too. But basically if I can associate your posts, av, and username, you have some kind of voice in my head, as it were.

Question

I dont assume anyone has a specific sounding voice.

List off the top of my head who had voices. Keep in mind most I can’t describe cause they just are different variations and not a publicly known voice but the ones who are, I’ll point out
@panamaican
@Trotsky
@Clippy - the ginger bread guy in Shrek
@Ripskater - obviously the leave it to beaver kid. Not even sure I know what that kid sounds like but in my head I created it
@Jack V Savage - David Attenborough
@HomerThompson -obviously Homer
@Fawlty
@JudoThrowFiasco
@HereticBD
@Limbo Pete
@waigouren
@Madmick
@Ruprecht
@HollywoodNicky

Probably more now that I think about it so that is over 10

Last edited:
I'd say that's about the right number in my case too. But basically if I can associate your posts, av, and username, you have some kind of voice in my head, as it were.

Agreed. Looking at my list though, I’d say avs are important too. Like a person or face in the av is likely going to get a voice assignment

And with that said, that made me think of another one but I forget his username.

Edit it’s @TheGreatA

Last edited:
Definitely @Arkain2K also. I don’t know what duff guy sounds like so I guess I made my own voice for what duff guy and the posting style of Arkain would be

I dont assume anyone has a specific sounding voice.
I don't know about @Lead but for me, it isn't so much about assuming what they sound like, rather it's about inventing a placeholder where you pretend it's what they sound like--mostly because you need them to sound like something--in the absence of knowing what they sound like.

I don't know about @Lead but for me, it isn't so much about assuming what they sound like, rather it's about inventing a placeholder where you pretend it's what they sound like--mostly because you need them to sound like something--in the absence of knowing what they sound like.

Yea, it definitely isn’t a guess. If it were, most of the voices would be boring/ similar imo. I think my mind does it to try to make the conversation more real or something.

I apologize for my bigotry. It does seem like it all happens naturally though when it gets applied.
Nah, to me when im reading a post i dont even associated a sound with the words. Its a boring silence i guess, just words.

Nah, to me when im reading a post i dont even associated a sound with the words. Its a boring silence i guess, just words.

True. When reading a book or article I do that. On the forum, I usually hear it said in my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back