• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Social WR Lounge 289: Buck Breaking Edition

Favorite Summer Activity

• Total voters
As a lifetime wannabe homeboy, I have tried every white tube sock I can find and none have withstood the sheer force of my calves in action. It's a gift and a curse. I have been relegated to a life of board shorts and ankle socks instead.
I know that feel, bro. Try to take solace in the fact that the foundation of the beefcastle that is your self is a gift to the world and that you bring joy to the lives of anyone who has the privelege to look upon them imo

People here don't believe in moderate or centrist lol.

I got told last time this came up that being pro choice, pro environment, pro universal Healthcare, and said over and over Trump was an inept retard etc etc is all irrelevant if I don't support racial justice causes. It automatically makes me alt right to say I disagree with BLM/antifa behavior and critical race theory.
Can you explain your understanding of critical race theory and what you object to for me, please? I would like to know what you're disagreeing with, exactly.

Can you explain your understanding of critical race theory and what you object to for me, please? I would like to know what you're disagreeing with, exactly.
Explaining several different viewpoints on CRT would take pages since there isn't a concrete definition everyone agrees with.
My problem with critical race theory is, I do not think we should focus and dwell on race, or everything wrong that happened or supposedly happened previously.

We lived in a time of excellent racial and sexual equality and have been improving every year I have been alive. Only now I am watching it step backwards due to exaggeration of SJWs, focus on stupid inconsequential shit like "microaggressions" and social media and msm narratives. And it is having a pendulum effect and causing racial relations to worsen.

I went from being one of the only minorities in my school, chased and beaten by skinheads regularly in the early 90s to seeing overt racism almost disappear for almost a decade. it just wasn't a thing among adults outside of middle school. Extremely rare. Until recently. We spent the last 2 decades telling people not to judge anyone by the color of their skin and judge on individual merit. Now we are being told to see racism and color everywhere and always.

Now everyone is being told to see racism in every gesture, every perceived slight. Every GOOD necessary officer shooting of a shitbag thug.

The world is was better racially and sexually in North America than it ever has been and was continuing to trend in a positive direction. Now it is in full reverse. Because of this bullshit combined with other bullshit. And leftists are acting like life is worse for the average minority than before the civil rights act.

ill still never forget the look on the HR woman's face in 2010 when she asked me to be part of their multicultural fairness work group. "We just want to make sure you are treated well at work and never feel singled out due to your race"

My answer was "Actually, until you just asked me to join this group, nobody had ever singled me out or treated me like I was anything more than one of the crew. Race is never an issue these days"

Her face literally drained and she went pale and she started apologizing profusely as I stood there laughing inside at how silly this is.

Racism was almost gone to the average Canadian minority. Congratz to idiot people pushing shit like this for raising it from the ashes

I consider a healthy amount of swimming to be part of any camping trip.

And we probably have different definitions of "roughing it camping"
LOL my father's idea of roughing it was no cable in the trailer. But to be fair, that was only after I came along; when he was young he spent a lot of time roughing it and people dressed like this,
Commando+training-use+of+fighting+knife+for+close+quarter+combat.jpg

Explaining several different viewpoints on CRT would take pages since there isn't a concrete definition everyone agrees with.
My problem with critical race theory is, I do not think we should focus and dwell on race, or everything wrong that happened or supposedly happened previously.

We lived in a time of excellent racial and sexual equality and have been improving every year I have been alive. Only now I am watching it step backwards due to exaggeration of SJWs, focus on stupid inconsequential shit like "microaggressions" and social media and msm narratives. And it is having a pendulum effect and causing racial relations to worsen.

I went from being one of the only minorities in my school, chased and beaten by skinheads regularly in the early 90s to seeing overt racism almost disappear for almost a decade. it just wasn't a thing among adults outside of middle school. Extremely rare. Until recently. We spent the last 2 decades telling people not to judge anyone by the color of their skin and judge on individual merit. Now we are being told to see racism and color everywhere and always.

Now everyone is being told to see racism in every gesture, every perceived slight. Every GOOD necessary officer shooting of a shitbag thug.

The world is was better racially and sexually in North America than it ever has been and was continuing to trend in a positive direction. Now it is in full reverse. Because of this bullshit combined with other bullshit. And leftists are acting like life is worse for the average minority than before the civil rights act.

ill still never forget the look on the HR woman's face in 2010 when she asked me to be part of their multicultural fairness work group. "We just want to make sure you are treated well at work and never feel singled out due to your race"

My answer was "Actually, until you just asked me to join this group, nobody had ever singled me out or treated me like I was anything more than one of the crew. Race is never an issue these days"

Her face literally drained and she went pale and she started apologizing profusely as I stood there laughing inside at how silly this is.

Racism was almost gone to the average Canadian minority. Congratz to idiot people pushing shit like this for raising it from the ashes
So, that'd be a no, then. I'm not asking for viewpoints. I'm asking for a definition and what it is about the subject that you find objectionable. Thanks anyway.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back