• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Social WR lounge 266: the Jon Jones leg of wieners

You can only eat one food for the rest of your life. Which one is it?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oooof, I typically eat a lot of meat and animal products. Come to think of it, I haven’t eaten any vegetables for a month now.

My granddad lived into his 90s and was vegetarian for the last two decade of his life after a stroke, it might’ve prolonged his life.

Yeah I consume way too much red meat.

I feel like if you make it to 80 it's all gravy after that anyway.

At some point dementia or something will get you.

Although I did also recently read about a guy that was the oldest living American for a bit in the early 2000s.

The media did a story on him when he was like 108 and in the story he said he smoked cigars most of his life but quit around 104 because it got too costly.

So a bunch of cigar smokers that read the article shipped boxes of cigars to the nursing he was living at so he took it back up and smoked for free for the rest of his life

Greg you tell you’re roommate to grow the fuck up, it’s not admirable for adults to be such childish eaters

I reread Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption, and other than I picture Morgan Freeman and Tim Robbins still in the rolls while reading it, it shits all over the movie, which I also love. Such an amazing short story, the book is lethally thinner than the tip of my finger nail, and it’s so so good

Yeah I consume way too much red meat.

I feel like if you make it to 80 it's all gravy after that anyway.

At some point dementia or something will get you.

Although I did also recently read about a guy that was the oldest living American for a bit in the early 2000s.

The media did a story on him when he was like 108 and in the story he said he smoked cigars most of his life but quit around 104 because it got too costly.

So a bunch of cigar smokers that read the article shipped boxes of cigars to the nursing he was living at so he took it back up and smoked for free for the rest of his life
Isn't that the guy that was asked what his secret to long life was and his response was:
"a cigar and bourbon a day!"

Greg you tell you’re roommate to grow the fuck up, it’s not admirable for adults to be such childish eaters

I reread Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption, and other than I picture Morgan Freeman and Tim Robbins still in the rolls while reading it, it shits all over the movie, which I also love. Such an amazing short story, the book is lethally thinner than the tip of my finger nail, and it’s so so good
Don't live with him anymore so if he wants to give himself heart disease and his kid diabetes before she's 10 that's on him.

Walkable communities have the double whammy benefit of encouraging exercise and reducing exposure to smog.

I honestly think one of the most oppressive aspects of American life is car dependence. I love this country but God Damn do I hate 20th century urban planning.

How many cities do you think you can go careless in the US without it being a major annoyance?

NYC and Chicago? With Philly it depends on your neighborhood. I went 3 years without a car and preferred not having one before me and the wife moved in. She uses it 95% of the time but it's available to me when I need it.

@LazaRRus @Falsedawn do any people go careless (besides just being poor obviously) in any of the Texas cities?

Isn't that the guy that was asked what his secret to long life was and his response was:

Don't live with him anymore so if he wants to give himself heart disease and his kid diabetes before she's 10 that's on him.
Greg you’re not technically my responsibility and I still tell you what to do, so get on it.

It does bother me how much these things are about genetics and out of your hands at times.

Not sure, just saw the cigar thing on a TIL not long ago.

How many cities do you think you can go careless in the US without it being a major annoyance?

NYC and Chicago? With Philly it depends on your neighborhood. I went 3 years without a car and preferred not having one before me and the wife moved in. She uses it 95% of the time but it's available to me when I need it.

@LazaRRus @Falsedawn do any people go careless (besides just being poor obviously) in any of the Texas cities?

{<jordan}

The top city in Texas for public transit usage is Dallas and last I checked they didn't even crack 4% citywide. A 30-45 min trip is like a normal drive, you won't walk that. Austin tried it a couple of times and the lege threw a shitfit.

I don't know but there are definitely cities where you can. I imagine most are on the East Coast where many cities were able to develop and grow before the invention of the automobile. I don't think its an accident that NYC is one of the most walkable cities while LA is one of the most car dependent.

Unfortunately some of the most walkable areas of the country are also among the most expensive to live in.

People do take buses and obviously use UBer and Lyft but it's not very common (at least not that I know of). I couldn't imagine even attempting that. I drive about 45 each way (more if I can't avoid rush hour) if I have to go into the office

{<jordan}

The top city in Texas for public transit usage is Dallas and last I checked they didn't even crack 4% citywide. A 30-45 min trip is like a normal drive, you won't walk that. Austin tried it a couple of times and the lege threw a shitfit.

Dear lord.

People shit on SEPTA up here all the time and I'm always wonder what they are comparing it too (unless they are from Europe). Because I think NY and Chicago are the only metro areas with better public transit and their transit systems get a fuck ton more money

People do take buses and obviously use UBer and Lyft but it's not very common (at least not that I know of). I couldn't imagine even attempting that. I drive about 45 each way (more if I can't avoid rush hour) if I have to go into the office

Do light rail lines even exist in downtown Houston (subway, trolley or elevated rails)?

Dear lord.

People shit on SEPTA up here all the time and I'm always wonder what they are comparing it too (unless they are from Europe). Because I think NY and Chicago are the only metro areas with better public transit and their transit systems get a fuck ton more money
Seattle has amazing public transit.

The three places I have lived where you didn't need a car are Paris, NYC, and Miami. A lot of people say Minneapolis you don't need a car.

That's good to know about Miami. You might be right about Minneapolis, also heard that you can walk the entire downtown area while being indoors underground because of how cold the winter is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back