WR Dems, how is DC going to survive 4, high possibility, 8years being completely red?

Lanx

房仕龍
Banned
Reaction score
Fact & Reality:
Trump will be 1 term Leader with
A Red Senate
A Red House

High Possibility:
Trump will be 2 terms with a Red Senate & House

What are Dems doing? acting like petulant children, You have Podesta, PizzaGate controversy, confirmed weirdo calling for salty help.

You have Hollywood begging the common man to do stuff on their behalf

You have MSM, trying to take pot shots at Trump at every corner

If this is the strategy Dems are going to take, you better get that lube ready b/c Red is going to come railroading in.

Serious possible answers:

1) Wait and see what the Trump administration and GOP congress actually does. They might do all the heavy lifting for them.
2) Regroup and reorganize. Spend the next four years developing local level democratic leadership, let the cream rise to the top. In the mean time, work on a more populist platform.

If Congress with GOP does exactly what they said want to do, it should be enough to remind people why they didn’t like them in charge in the first place. Likewise, Trump’s victory was very narrow. If he has a neutral term in office, it could be another coin flip election, but if he seriously blunders or the Democrats can foster some new talent and put together an exciting platform, it could easily go the other way.

I think 2 is key. The Democrats (and probably moderate Republicans) are going to do some soul searching and come out better in the end. I'm being optimistic.

As for the MSM, I'm not as optimistic. I worry that they're going to take the wrong lessons from this election and the quality of journalism is going to continue to drop.

The Senate likely will flip within the next four years. I don't see the house turning blue for quite awhile though.

The Senate likely will flip within the next four years. I don't see the house turning blue for quite awhile though.
why one vs the other?

why one vs the other?

The senate is just 52-48 right now so a flip is close. The house however has a lot of seats that a lock red. People blame gerrymandering for how lopsided it's gotten but I would think it will eventually flip back. I just doesn't seem like it will be fairly soon. It's possible though. You never know what type of counter movement pops up when one party has all the power. Tea Party came up last time this happened.

The focus will likely be on flipping the majority in the Senate in 2 years to prevent bad policy in the last two years of Trump's first (and hopefully only) term. Some of the prominent leaders (Sanders, Warren, etc.) are already blasting Trump for his cabinet picks and how they completely defy the idea of doing things for the working class. It will be important to remind regular folks that the Democratic policy is actually better for working people.

Trump may do the work for them if he fails miserably.

Just wait it out and call on the republicans on all the shit they promised they would do if they had the presidency.

Also reform its own party.

The focus will likely be on flipping the majority in the Senate in 2 years to prevent bad policy in the last two years of Trump's first (and hopefully only) term. Some of the prominent leaders (Sanders, Warren, etc.) are already blasting Trump for his cabinet picks and how they completely defy the idea of doing things for the working class. It will be important to remind regular folks that the Democratic policy is actually better for working people.

Trump may do the work for them if he fails miserably.

Warren? That woman is a complete joke.

The left has some serious problems on their hands. Besides their internal conflicts and general detachment with the heart of America, they also face a new invigorated right wing that is more passionate than ever and has broader appeal - to not only the fence sitters - but also joe blow dem voters and independents.

Libs need to understand that Trump didnt just break down the blue wall - he created a model for a new America with a winning formula that the right will emulate for many years to come.

This is just the beginning.

Libs, double down on your insanity. You'll just dig your grave deeper and deeper.

Last edited:
Dems should begin building around younger candidates countrywide. Fight in the Senate with the filibuster when need be and work together when they can.

U.S. history has shown us this is nothing new and the opposition often do well in the congress and only three times has the presidents party won a third term.

Warren? That woman is a complete joke.
Remember when people said that about Trump?

Warren is a serious threat to Trump. Very populist message and she can energize her base. I would not be surprised to see her as the lead candidate in 2020 looking at the landscape today. Also, there's a pattern in voting where the electorate will "over-correct" when picking the next president, for instance, Trump is an over-correction of Obama, whom was an over-correction of Bush, whom was an over-correction of Clinton, and so on. People will have 4-8 years to get sick of Trump, and they're going to be looking for something different. Besides Obama, I'd be hard pressed to find a better "opposite" to Trump at the moment than Warren. It might not be her, but it will be someone like her.

Fact & Reality:
Trump will be 1 term Leader with
A Red Senate
A Red House

High Possibility:
Trump will be 2 terms with a Red Senate & House

What are Dems doing? acting like petulant children, You have Podesta, PizzaGate controversy, confirmed weirdo calling for salty help.

You have Hollywood begging the common man to do stuff on their behalf

You have MSM, trying to take pot shots at Trump at every corner

If this is the strategy Dems are going to take, you better get that lube ready b/c Red is going to come railroading in.

Dems don't have to do anything, but not piss people off.

Trump got elected because people are pissed off.

If Trump doesn't start to fix things that actually matter like immigration and trade, he will be a one term president and we will watch another wave election in the mid-term.

Don't worry about Dems, worry about actually solving real problems. It will be the only thing that will keep Trump and Republicans in office.

Now let me ask you a question. Are you worried at all that Bush's failure, will be followed by a worse failure from Trump, basically branding any Republican as completely incompetent and dangerous to elect to power?

Pretty positive that democrats have a bunch of open seats available in two years. Almost zero chance they can even make a gain, let alone not lose more seats.

Pretty positive that democrats have a bunch of open seats available in two years. Almost zero chance they can even make a gain, let alone not lose more seats.

I mean 66 of the seats are open over four years and all in 6. I don't think it's impossible for them to gain a net three seats.

The senate is just 52-48 right now so a flip is close. The house however has a lot of seats that a lock red. People blame gerrymandering for how lopsided it's gotten but I would think it will eventually flip back. I just doesn't seem like it will be fairly soon. It's possible though. You never know what type of counter movement pops up when one party has all the power. Tea Party came up last time this happened.

Senate is not too likely to flip in '18. Not impossible though if 3 incumbents run for governors and 1 dies. Democrats could do with any power at the moment, though they should spend heavy on the House, 2020 is redistricting, isn't it?

As for gerrymandering, it's not like it's a secret, ask Rove: http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052748703862704575099670689398044 To be honest though US lefties' best hope is likely to be a S Court decision.

Back