WR Dems, how is DC going to survive 4, high possibility, 8years being completely red?

Senate is not too likely to flip in '18. Not impossible though if 3 incumbents run for governors and 1 dies. Democrats could do with any power at the moment, though they should spend heavy on the House, 2020 is redistricting, isn't it?

I did say this in the context of four years or we could go farther to eight. Things seem secure now but you may be underestimating how quickly public opinion changes when one party controls everything. 18' is a midterm year so I guess it still favors the GOP but I would think it will find a way to become competitive. Either part of congress, they need new politicians who are going to be able to be seen on the national stage. The GOP got this throughout Obama's term which made the field so large in the primaries. You would think the Dems must be hoping to find younger politicians as Clinton, Sanders, Warren, Pelosi aren't exactly the future of the party. They can help be a part of the process in guiding it, sure, but they won't be the ones reviving it.

As for gerrymandering, it's not like it's a secret, ask Rove: http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052748703862704575099670689398044 To be honest though US lefties' best hope is likely to be a S Court decision.

I wasn't trying to say it was a secret.

I did say this in the context of four years or we could go farther to eight. Things seem secure now but you may be underestimating how quickly public opinion changes when one party controls everything. 18' is a midterm year so I guess it still favors the GOP but I would think it will find a way to become competitive. Either part of congress, they need new politicians who are going to be able to be seen on the national stage.
Normally I'd go on a diatribe about the importance of structural factors, like incumbency, over candidate chars and policy positions but 2016 really hasn't been the year for that type of prediction. Maybe you are right and there'll be some pressure from GOP total control. Then again the democratic party is choke full of fumblers.

As for the gerrymandering, I only attached Rove's article because the 2010 partay was very competently done and in a short time. They managed some ridiculous super-majorities despite losing the vote.
I should have actually tried to make the point rather than let you guess. If you are more interested in this there's a pretty fun book "ratfucked" and something or listen to the author somewhere. According to him the big difference in 2010 and previous times was the available technology.

I don't have the exact numbers in front of me, but I think there's twice as many senate democrat seats up for bid as republican, and the blue ones are mostly in areas that Trump did very well in. You're right, anythings possible though.

I mean 66 of the seats are open over four years and all in 6. I don't think it's impossible for them to gain a net three seats.

Fact & Reality:
Trump will be 1 term Leader with
A Red Senate
A Red House

High Possibility:
Trump will be 2 terms with a Red Senate & House

What are Dems doing? acting like petulant children, You have Podesta, PizzaGate controversy, confirmed weirdo calling for salty help.

You have Hollywood begging the common man to do stuff on their behalf

You have MSM, trying to take pot shots at Trump at every corner

If this is the strategy Dems are going to take, you better get that lube ready b/c Red is going to come railroading in.
Do you have a crystal ball?

Forget 4 years. In two years there will be the mid-terms.

The Senate likely will flip within the next four years. I don't see the house turning blue for quite awhile though.
They (the media amd their apologists) said the Senate was going to flip in 2016. It's very likely that Trump will have at least 6 years of a Republican Senate.

Remember when people said that about Trump?

Warren is a serious threat to Trump. Very populist message and she can energize her base. I would not be surprised to see her as the lead candidate in 2020 looking at the landscape today. Also, there's a pattern in voting where the electorate will "over-correct" when picking the next president, for instance, Trump is an over-correction of Obama, whom was an over-correction of Bush, whom was an over-correction of Clinton, and so on. People will have 4-8 years to get sick of Trump, and they're going to be looking for something different. Besides Obama, I'd be hard pressed to find a better "opposite" to Trump at the moment than Warren. It might not be her, but it will be someone like her.

Warrens plagiarism in a cook book she co-authored will likely undo her in any national election.

They (the media amd their apologists) said the Senate was going to flip in 2016. It's very likely that Trump will have at least 6 years of a Republican Senate.

Most places had it 50-50. We got 52-48. If you are criticizing that analysis and then making a statement with no basis, I don't see your point. The senate is easier to flip than congress and there will be motivation for the other party to shift the pendulum back in time. I'm not sure if that takes 2, 4, or 6 years but I feel there will be a strong push for it. Anytime one party get complete control like this, those in the minority party get very motivated (the voter base that is).

Dems don't have to do anything, but not piss people off.

Trump got elected because people are pissed off.

If Trump doesn't start to fix things that actually matter like immigration and trade, he will be a one term president and we will watch another wave election in the mid-term.

Don't worry about Dems, worry about actually solving real problems. It will be the only thing that will keep Trump and Republicans in office.

Now let me ask you a question. Are you worried at all that Bush's failure, will be followed by a worse failure from Trump, basically branding any Republican as completely incompetent and dangerous to elect to power?
LOL Bush's failure is a high point considering Jeb was considered the front runner until Trump low energied his ass, or was that some other repub?

LOL Bush's failure is a high point considering Jeb was considered the front runner until Trump low energied his ass, or was that some other repub?

So your rebuttal is that Bush was such a failure, that people chose Trump over another Bush?

That seems to be a point in support of my POV.

So your rebuttal is that Bush was such a failure, that people chose Trump over another Bush?

That seems to be a point in support of my POV.
Yup, fuck this legacy bullshit, fuck more Bush's fuck more Clinton's

I mean remember when she tried to be Hillary RODHAM Clinton, for a few months?

Back